D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Conandar

Explorer
It is important to differentiate between being able to use dexterity for a weapon and the weapon being finesse, because the finesse property is required for melee weapons used for sneak attack. While this is not an issue for a single class kensei monk, if they multi-class as a rogue it does become a concern. Monk and Rogue classes synergize very well IMO, so this is not a far fetched possibility.

Steve Treavett

First Post
Awesome!

Thanks dudes, and I did not clock that about sneak attack! Yet to see a rogue/monk multi in my games though.

I can recommend a swashbuckler(rogue)/bard(blade) multi if you want to dash around all over the place and get sneak attack though! (plus some spells...)

Conandar

Explorer
Anyone know how to make an Ioun Stone of Strength active?

An Ioun Stone (any of them) requires attunement and it must be set circling your head for it to be active. They are vulnerable to AoE attacks (fireball, dragon breath weapons, etc.), but are hard to hit with a weapon because of their size and speed.

If you meant how do you account for its bonus in the character generator, just add 2 your strength score (to a maximum of 20) on the Start page (and record it in your inventory, of course).

Darrell Rodgers

First Post
Thank you, I was able to do a static +2 to Str. I was hoping there was an elegant solution of enabling it, like putting it on your wrist in the inventory screen or typing it into the equipment worn section 9 on the main page.

Other than setting a hard coded +2 to STR, anyone know of any other way - like when you put a breastplate in the armor slot?

Conandar

Explorer
Thank you, I was able to do a static +2 to Str. I was hoping there was an elegant solution of enabling it, like putting it on your wrist in the inventory screen or typing it into the equipment worn section 9 on the main page.

Other than setting a hard coded +2 to STR, anyone know of any other way - like when you put a breastplate in the armor slot?

The generator doesn't really do that for you. If you got some new +1 armor or a +1 weapon, for example, it will need to be added to the Start page as a base item and then change the bonus to the appropriate place, and also added to your inventory sheet (for weight cauculations). Other items will need to be added to the inventory sheet, and any stat changes will have to be manually changed, like is necessary for the Ioun Stone of Strength. A Ring of Protection would need to be added as armor (other), and add a +1 to all 6 saves, as well as adding it to your inventory. To do all of this with just one action would require using macros, and those are actively being avoided (for compatibility reasons, I believe).

Also, if you loose your magic item (say a green slime eats your Ring of Protection, or perhaps you were at ground zero when a meteor swarm hit and your ioun stone was destroyed!), you will need to undo any changes made regarding that item, just as you did when you added it to your character sheet. The generator does most of the math for you, but it does not automate the details of magic items.

Last edited:

Anyone know how to make an Ioun Stone of Strength active?

Click on the Magic Modifier field for Strength on the Start tab. Push 'F2' on your keyboard to edit the contents of the cell. Paste in the formula below:

=IF(AND(COUNTIFS(CSIIGearItemAttuned,"Ioun Stone (Strength)")>0,StartEquipmentWornHead="Ioun Stone (Strength)"),2,"")

The formula checks to see if you have the item listed in the attuned section and then checks to see if its in your head gear slot.

Remove ads