• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Noodles XIV

First Post
Thanks for the feedback, works fine for Excel 2010/2013/2016. I believe it is an issue with Excel 2007 (I don't have a copy of it so can't confirm), no idea why as the conditional formatting is similar to other fields. Recommend using 2013 if you can (or continue using 2007 knowing these limitation - the file should work fine otherwise)

It's definitely working correctly in Excel 2013. Thanks for checking!

TheKnightArgent

First Post
Cheat sheet for key fields?

Thanks so much for what is clearly a ton of work you've put into this AWESOME sheet. I really love it.

Do you maintain a "cheat sheet" for key fields for formulas and such? For example, I've created an overridden weapon for my Dragonborn's breath weapon (so I can see it on the first page). I'm using the "Properties" section to write in the save DC, and I want to use the cell address for my Con modifier and my proficiency bonus, so that it will stay correct as I level up.

Can you help?

Last edited:

Sirbab

First Post
Hey, first of all a quick thanks for the excellent program you've made, it seems though i've found a bug in the latest version, Passive perception is listed as 10 (base) +2 (Wis) = 10, and is also shown as this on the other pages. Thanks again!

Edit: Also, small quibble, on page 130 PHB, the entertainer is listed as being able to choose 1-3 entertainment routines, whereas as far as i can tell; on the generator, it only allows you one.

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Thanks so much for what is clearly a ton of work you've put into this AWESOME sheet. I really love it.

Do you maintain a "cheat sheet" for key fields for formulas and such? For example, I've created an overridden weapon for my Dragonborn's breath weapon (so I can see it on the first page). I'm using the "Properties" section to write in the save DC, and I want to use the cell address for my Con modifier and my proficiency bonus, so that it will stay correct as I level up.

Can you help?

Thanks for the feedback!

The full list of named ranges is under Formulas> Name Manager

Most should be self explanatory, so as to avoid writing a list manually. For your example type in the cell ="DC "&8+ConMod+ProfBonus

or I would get more fancy and ="15ft cone, "&IF(CharacterLevel<6,"2d6",IF(CharacterLevel<11,"3d6",IF(CharacterLevel<15,"4d6", "5d6")))&" cold, con save ½, DC "&8+CONMod+ProfBonus

The example character Zenith uses many formulas, you can show formulas by going to Formulas > Show Formulas

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Hey, first of all a quick thanks for the excellent program you've made, it seems though i've found a bug in the latest version, Passive perception is listed as 10 (base) +2 (Wis) = 10, and is also shown as this on the other pages. Thanks again!

Edit: Also, small quibble, on page 130 PHB, the entertainer is listed as being able to choose 1-3 entertainment routines, whereas as far as i can tell; on the generator, it only allows you one.

Thanks for the feedback, I've check out passive Perception and it should be working as 10+Perception Skill (WisMod+Profbonus(if proficient)+OtherMod)+OtherMod (i.e. Observant Feat). Check out version 1.51 (released today)

For the Entertainer, you're correct it only lists one. To add additional, select one that you like and then edit the cell > go to the end of the text and press ALT+Enter to go to a new line and type the next one manually (and so on)

Last edited:

Sirbab

First Post
Thanks for the feedback, I've check out passive Perception and it should be working as 10+Perception Skill (WisMod+Profbonus(if proficient)+OtherMod)+OtherMod (i.e. Observant Feat). Check out version 1.51 (released today)

Right, so i downloaded v 1.51, and transferred my character over from 1.50, Looking again, the passive perception is listed as 10, when it should be 12, Here's a picture for proof.
http://i.imgur.com/SZCMBRH.png

For Clarity's sake, i'm using Excel 2010 pro, on win 7 64, as a Half-elf bard.
Also, checked in Formula Name manager, It also lists 10
http://i.imgur.com/o90O4WV.png

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Right, so i downloaded v 1.51, and transferred my character over from 1.50, Looking again, the passive perception is listed as 10, when it should be 12, Here's a picture for proof.
http://i.imgur.com/SZCMBRH.png

For Clarity's sake, i'm using Excel 2010 pro, on win 7 64, as a Half-elf bard.
Also, checked in Formula Name manager, It also lists 10
http://i.imgur.com/o90O4WV.png

Ahh you're using the proficiency dice option (this is what is probably causing the issue), let me look into it

Update: Yep, proficiency dice was causing the issue. Fixed for version 1.52

Last edited:

cryssis

Explorer
Can't add a Ring of Protection to AC

Downloaded v1.51, trying to add a Ring of Protection +1 (+1 AC and Saving Throws) to a Dragonborn Fighter eldritch knight level 5. I think I have to use the cell "Other armor" under the "armor selection" but although the cell can be selected the dropdown doesn't work nor i can't write anything. Am I doing it right?

Also the Saving throw modifiers from the ring had to be written down manually on the Character Sheet I on the "other" cells?
Where on the Start sheet should be written instead on the Character sheet I?

For the Spanish translation I saw an error on the damage type label on attacks section. it shows "Armadura", but must be "Tipo" (for english "type"). It has to be a mistake on copy&paste on the translation.

Keep the work and thank you for your effor ForgedAnvil!! :):heh:

Edit: Ok just pressed F2 to edit the cell and I can write the +1 on the "Other Armor" cell. So, just curious, what's the dropdown on the cell for?

Last edited:

cryssis

Explorer
Drow Warlock (level 5) Faerie Fire

I found the same issue with Faerie Fire (drow racial spell level 3). It can be selected on the level 1 spell list but if it's marked as prepared shows (at level5 for example) 6 of 5 prepared/known spells. Is that right?

Last edited:

Remove ads