• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Tozjia

First Post
Good Afternoon Forged, Found a couple issues using the current 1.53 Character generator:

1) When I created a Wood Elf character - Character Sheet II, and The Summary Sheet show the speed as 30 (and not 35) under the Race, Background, Class & Feats section. This is also true when using a Monk character whose speed was 50. Though I am not sure if that area would be updated to reflect the class enhanced speed or not. Other than that, it appears and is used everywhere else correctly, or at least I have not found it broken anywhere else.

2) When I transferred a character from a 1.45 character sheet to 1.53 the feat Magic Initiate came over correctly, but the Magic Initiate selection area, while yellow, was empty.

3) When I transferred a character from a 1.50 character sheet to 1.53 on the Character Sheet IV page under Adventure notes, the following occurred. Line 2 on the left side was copied to line 1 on the Right Side replacing the "Defeated Enemies:" Script.

Thanks again for your great work, and if you need me to provide any additional detail, please let me know.

Last edited:

runningwater

First Post
Forged,

I have successfully recreated the Minotaur template from the Waterborne UA article. I was going to do the same for the Changeling race that is in the Eberron UA, but there is no option to add subraces once a custom race has been created. Would there be a way to add this in?

I absolutely love this tool by the way, it makes everything extremely easy to keep track of!!

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Good Afternoon Forged, Found a couple issues using the current 1.53 Character generator:

1) When I created a Wood Elf character - Character Sheet II, and The Summary Sheet show the speed as 30 (and not 35) under the Race, Background, Class & Feats section. This is also true when using a Monk character whose speed was 50. Though I am not sure if that area would be updated to reflect the class enhanced speed or not. Other than that, it appears and is used everywhere else correctly, or at least I have not found it broken anywhere else.

2) When I transferred a character from a 1.45 character sheet to 1.53 the feat Magic Initiate came over correctly, but the Magic Initiate selection area, while yellow, was empty.

3) When I transferred a character from a 1.50 character sheet to 1.53 on the Character Sheet IV page under Adventure notes, the following occurred. Line 2 on the left side was copied to line 1 on the Right Side replacing the "Defeated Enemies:" Script.

Thanks again for your great work, and if you need me to provide any additional detail, please let me know.

Hi Tozjia, thanks for the feedback.

Fixed bug in Wood Elf not displaying the correct speed in the Race, Background, Class & Feats section - v1.54 will correctly shows 35ft when Wood is selected for subrace (though the tool calculated the correct Speed in Character Sheet I under Actions. For the Monk it will show the increase to your base speed in the Class section under Race, Background, Class & Feats section but does not change the Wood Elf base speed, the tool calculates your speed correctly in the Actions section (no change to the tool)

I'll check out the bugs with the transfer tool also and correct, will let you know if there are any issues I can't find. Cheers!

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Forged,

I have successfully recreated the Minotaur template from the Waterborne UA article. I was going to do the same for the Changeling race that is in the Eberron UA, but there is no option to add subraces once a custom race has been created. Would there be a way to add this in?

I absolutely love this tool by the way, it makes everything extremely easy to keep track of!!

Hi runningwater, cool you could do the Minotaur - for the subraces recommend to try to create the subrace as a complete Race (e.g. High Elf instead of base Elf then High), though you're limited to 3 at the moment. It gets complex to add subraces like the Wood Elf for example as its base speed is increased to 35ft so then you need to make a condition on the base Elf race that if subrace = "Wood" then speed = 35ft otherwise it's 30ft. Definitely possible, just another level of conditional statements and complexity. The Example Character Zenith has some custom Races also, in particular you can see some example formula for spell like abilities gained at certain levels.

Conandar

Explorer
Have a high elf wizard who selected the Alert feat at 16. It works to add 5 to the initiative, as expected, but it also gives Martial Ranged proficiency, which it should not.

This tool is awesome, just wish it could print all / some pages instead of each page individually, but that is minor. Thank you!

Magistus71

Explorer
This tool is awesome, just wish it could print all / some pages instead of each page individually, but that is minor. Thank you!

What I do is Ctrl Click on the pages I want export them to PDF and then print, it then has the pages I want, and the character saved in PDF which I then upload to the cloud, in case I happen to forget to bring my character with me.

Remove ads