D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Is it possible to copy the race/class/feat box from the start or character summary pages? I'd like to copy them to a word file and print them out.

In v1.56 is will be possible, you can technically to this is v1.55 but it will change slightly in v1.56. Also see my recent reply to Lexlitner in designing your own sheets

Add a new worksheet, type in 4 separate cells the following

=RaceDetails
=CharacterBackgroundDetails
=ClassDetails
=FeatDetails

Copy all cells and go to Word then Paste as Values, this should work fine for what you want

In v1.56 they will all have Character in the front and you will have an overall summary =CharacterRaceBackgroundClassFeats

Maerwynne

First Post
Not a bug, exactly. Half-Elf Warlock listed as proficient with martial melee

Hi there, love the sheet! Using v1.55

Combination user error and bug I suppose. I thought I should let you know in case there is a fix to prevent folks from doing this to themselves :)

While building, I initially chose a Elf/Wood Elf as my race. I then later changed the race to Half-Elf. I noticed that my warlock was proficient in martial melee weapons in Box 11, which was odd. Closer examination of the page revealed that the subrace box wasn't cleared out, it still said Wood--there wasn't a description of Wood Elf benefits in the reference box on the right, but Box 11 was still affected by the subrace being selected. Box 11 appears to be the only box still affected by this (the ability scores were correct, the languages, etc all correct for a Half-Elf). As soon as I cleared out the subrace box, Box 11 fixed itself.

Simple fix, but unless you're looking for it it's easy to miss. Is there a way to auto-clear the subrace box when the race menu is changed?

Second bit: Equipment granted by a class isn't included on this sheet, right? That's fine, just wondered if I missed it.

Thanks again for this great sheet--it's quite impressive.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Hi there, love the sheet! Using v1.55

Combination user error and bug I suppose. I thought I should let you know in case there is a fix to prevent folks from doing this to themselves :)

While building, I initially chose a Elf/Wood Elf as my race. I then later changed the race to Half-Elf. I noticed that my warlock was proficient in martial melee weapons in Box 11, which was odd. Closer examination of the page revealed that the subrace box wasn't cleared out, it still said Wood--there wasn't a description of Wood Elf benefits in the reference box on the right, but Box 11 was still affected by the subrace being selected. Box 11 appears to be the only box still affected by this (the ability scores were correct, the languages, etc all correct for a Half-Elf). As soon as I cleared out the subrace box, Box 11 fixed itself.

Simple fix, but unless you're looking for it it's easy to miss. Is there a way to auto-clear the subrace box when the race menu is changed?

Second bit: Equipment granted by a class isn't included on this sheet, right? That's fine, just wondered if I missed it.

Thanks again for this great sheet--it's quite impressive.

Thanks for the feedback!

I'll look into disabling subrace features for races that have no subrace in the next version - it won't clear the subrace cell just disables the calculation.

For starting equipment for background and class these are not included. There is however a work in progress to add a bunch of features to Character Sheet II which will be pretty cool (but starting equipment is not planned at the moment)

Mergon

First Post
ForgedAnvil:

Is there any way to add a modifier to Initiative. I found where you can add modifiers to Ability scores and modifiers. To skills and saves, but could find no place to add a modifier to Initiative.

As I was pondering this another idea came to me. A 2-3 column tab With fields for Modifier name, a drop down of ability, skill, stat, save, AC, hit points, etc to modify, and the amount by which to modify the selected object.

This would be a sweet way to add custom magic items to the character. Just a thought for you to think about during your copious free time. :)

mapa.falsh

First Post
Hello

Am starting to use yours tabe and am bit curious if there is any button for applying short and long rest to quickly reset all spell slots and abilities, and not to go one by one?

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
ForgedAnvil:

Is there any way to add a modifier to Initiative. I found where you can add modifiers to Ability scores and modifiers. To skills and saves, but could find no place to add a modifier to Initiative.

As I was pondering this another idea came to me. A 2-3 column tab With fields for Modifier name, a drop down of ability, skill, stat, save, AC, hit points, etc to modify, and the amount by which to modify the selected object.

This would be a sweet way to add custom magic items to the character. Just a thought for you to think about during your copious free time. :)

You can adjust Initiative on the start sheet below the saving throw proficiencies ;)

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Hello

Am starting to use yours tabe and am bit curious if there is any button for applying short and long rest to quickly reset all spell slots and abilities, and not to go one by one?

Hi, there are no buttons for short / long rest for resetting spell slots (there are no user inputs required for abilities and uses).

Remove ads