D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Will the Swashbuckler archetype be added in 1.56 or is there any way to add the archetype personally in 1.55?

The UA stuff will not be added as the material is very much in draft form (hence I'm avoiding doing double work when the material is officially released). It's assumed the material presented in UA will be released in official form at some stage.

For customer classes and subclass this is very challenging to add this functionality given the complexity and diversity. For now this is a wish list, would be cool but no time and resource to do this.

Mergon

First Post
Custom classes an sub-classes are the one reason my players don't all use your character sheet ForgedAnvil. I have a player using Psionics and the Mystic, another playing a toon with the Artificer wizard school, and a healer who is a Sorceress with the Favored Soul bloodline. In the campaign I get to play in, I am playing a homebrewed version of the Artificer. The creator did a much better job than the artificer wizard school from the Eberron material in my opinion. :)

I and my players use MadBeard's character sheet when using custom class material.

I added a tab to your sheet that allows me to format background, race, and feat details for easier copy/pasting. Your idea of copy/pasting into Word really, really helped there.

=RaceDetails
=CharacterBackgroundDetails
=ClassDetails
=FeatDetails

Those are fantastic. I'm looking forward to 1.56 to see what else you have added. :)

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Custom classes an sub-classes are the one reason my players don't all use your character sheet ForgedAnvil. I have a player using Psionics and the Mystic, another playing a toon with the Artificer wizard school, and a healer who is a Sorceress with the Favored Soul bloodline. In the campaign I get to play in, I am playing a homebrewed version of the Artificer. The creator did a much better job than the artificer wizard school from the Eberron material in my opinion. :)

I and my players use MadBeard's character sheet when using custom class material.

I added a tab to your sheet that allows me to format background, race, and feat details for easier copy/pasting. Your idea of copy/pasting into Word really, really helped there.

=RaceDetails
=CharacterBackgroundDetails
=ClassDetails
=FeatDetails

Those are fantastic. I'm looking forward to 1.56 to see what else you have added. :)

You can find all named variable under the ribbon menu. Go to Formulas > Name Manager and you'll see the complete list there. You are able to create your own character sheet by adding a new sheet and designing it however you like and using the variable listed in the name manager - if you come up with an awesome design - post it here for everyone to check it out and use with the tool.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Version 1.56 Released

Download here - ForgedAnvil 5E Character Generator

Updates in this release:
- NEW FEATURE There is now a filter in Character Sheet III to filter and remove blank rows between spells. This compacts the sheet significantly, even down to 1 page or possibly printing in landscape mode for larger text. See Example Character Zenith for examples
- NEW FEATURE All equipment, tools, weapons, armor AND all magical items are now in the drop-down list in the Equipment area of Character Sheet II. See Example Character Zenith for examples
+ Character Sheet II is now higher density which allows more items to be added.
+ All items now have weights included, once selected or typed the weight will appear. You can override the weight in the cell to the left of the weight.
+ All magical items have magic rarity (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Very Rare, Legendary, Sentient and Artifact) as well as Attunement requirement. Items will now change color depending on its rarity.
+ Weights are now auto calculated and can be overridden
+ Magic Item Rarity and Attunement requirement can be overridden
+ Improved locations list, if an item location is Bag of Holding or Handy Haversack the weight of those items are not included in your overall weight
- Character Sheet V is now higher density added more rows, also the sheet has moved from 3 columns to 2.
- Corrected minor illusion cantrip for Warlock drop down list
- Disabled calculation of subrace if a race had no subrace
- Added details for size, stats, vision etc. for custom races so they now appear in the Race, Background, Class, Feats detail.
- Various bug fixes, spelling corrections and tool enhancements

Use the ForgedAnvil Character Transfer Tool to transfer your current Character to the new version

Let me know if you find issues, enjoy!

Last edited:

Tozjia

First Post
Saddlebags
Portal Hole
Chest (container, not torso)
Pocket
Ears

Forged,

Great update. Could I convince you to add the above to the 1.57 release. (I see that Ears, and pocket did make the list. Thanks)

Sigh, with continued search, I found saddlebags, and chest. Thanks. So just the Portable hole I guess. :)

Oh, and Case, Crossbow Bolt. :)

Thanks!

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Forged,

Great update. Could I convince you to add the above to the 1.57 release. (I see that Ears, and pocket did make the list. Thanks)

Oh, and Case, Crossbow Bolt. :)

Thanks!

Some if not all are in the Not on Person drop down list. Case, Crossbow Bolt I missed, Portable Hole doesn't seem to hold anything so I didn't include it.

Tozjia

First Post
Forged,

Sorry to note, that I found a bug.

I transferred a character from a 1.55 sheet to 1.56. On CSIV the Character Backstory, Allies & Organizations, and Adventure notes did not transfer from one sheet to another.

Thanks,

Tozjia

First Post
Some if not all are in the Not on Person drop down list. Case, Crossbow Bolt I missed, Portable Hole doesn't seem to hold anything so I didn't include it.

From the DMG(185):
"You can use an action to unfold a portable hole and place it on or against a solid surface, whereupon the portable hole creates an extradimensional hole 10 feet deep."

While it doesn't specifically mention items, it does mention putting people/characters in there. :cool:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Forged,

Sorry to note, that I found a bug.

I transferred a character from a 1.55 sheet to 1.56. On CSIV the Character Backstory, Allies & Organizations, and Adventure notes did not transfer from one sheet to another.

Thanks,

Hey Tozjia, let me check it out and see what the problem is... should be a quick fix

Remove ads