• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Version 1.61 BETA 3 - New Download - ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator v1.61 BETA3 - Zenith

There is an updated BETA3 version in the downloads section.
Download here - ForgedAnvil 5E Character Generator and take a moment and rate thisif you like it, thank you!

The purpose of this BETA version is for eager users to test the Custom Subclass feature AND test the SCAG subclasses and races to provide feedback on what's working well, what is not working well, what's missing and any errors.

Updates in BETA 1, 2 & 3 release:
- Added all races and subraces from SCAG
- Added all subclasses from SCAG
- Improvements made to custom subclass functionality
- Added all SCAG spells
- Redesigned Adventurers Log
- Added filter in Adventures Log to extend to 3 pages
- Moved Faction section and details to Start sheets
- Added Duergar Subrace
- New Feature [BETA] - Subclass 1 (planned subclass 2, 3)
- Enhanced translations to CSIV, CSV, Wild Shape (planned Summary)
- Various bug fixes, spelling corrections and tool enhancements

Currently working on implementation of SCAG backgrounds etc.

The Character Transfer Tool has yet to be updated but will partially work (~85% of your character should transfer, Spellcasting sheet will have problems. Recommend to build characters from scratch to test the new functionality and added content)

Let me know if you find issues, enjoy!

jdm5000

Villager
I just started playing around with the 1.61 beta and noticed something.. these are purely cosmetic and nit-picky and way down on the priority list, but the arcane tradition of "BladeSinging" should really be called "Bladesinger" and the spell "Boom Blade" should be "Booming Blade." Sorry if someone already pointed this out.. I didn't want to wade through a hundred pages when I'm running on battery power.

Last edited:

elandy

First Post
First of all great work ForgedAnvil! (As usual!!)
I've been transferring (from scratch) some of my player's characters to the 1.61 beta 3 version and I came up with some bugs (both on excel 2010 and 2013). Some are just cosmetic, but others are functional. I have some characters to transfer yet, but I liked to tell you what I have found till now. I didn't test the Custom Subclass yet, because I don't have any character that needs it, but I know that you need testing of that, so if I have some time I will play a bit with it and let you know.

Here are the bugs:

- On the details of the Drow (and Half-Drow), the spell faerie fire is misspelled (farie fire).
- The Drow race gives you Undercommon (but the PHB doesn't says so, although is completely reasonable).
- Variant Half-elves from SCAG doesn't let you select the bonus to two ability scores.
- Spells from Half-Drow from SCAG don't appear on the drop-downs on the spellcasting sheet.
- The custom races spells appear on the drop-down menu but cantrip don't appear on the count of cantrip known (I don't know if this is supposed to work that way).
- Shields don't add the AC, although it appears on the corresponding field. (as noted by JlawRip). This didn't happened on v1.60.
- On excel 2010 the conditions on CSIV don't fit in the box (the last line is cut in half). But this could be a problem of mine. This doesn't happen on excel 2013.

Also, I would like to thank you for putting the maneuvers as named variables. It helps a lot with the spell-less ranger!!

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
First of all great work ForgedAnvil! (As usual!!)
I've been transferring (from scratch) some of my player's characters to the 1.61 beta 3 version and I came up with some bugs (both on excel 2010 and 2013). Some are just cosmetic, but others are functional. I have some characters to transfer yet, but I liked to tell you what I have found till now. I didn't test the Custom Subclass yet, because I don't have any character that needs it, but I know that you need testing of that, so if I have some time I will play a bit with it and let you know.

Here are the bugs:

- On the details of the Drow (and Half-Drow), the spell faerie fire is misspelled (farie fire).
- The Drow race gives you Undercommon (but the PHB doesn't says so, although is completely reasonable).
- Variant Half-elves from SCAG doesn't let you select the bonus to two ability scores.
- Spells from Half-Drow from SCAG don't appear on the drop-downs on the spellcasting sheet.
- The custom races spells appear on the drop-down menu but cantrip don't appear on the count of cantrip known (I don't know if this is supposed to work that way).
- Shields don't add the AC, although it appears on the corresponding field. (as noted by JlawRip). This didn't happened on v1.60.
- On excel 2010 the conditions on CSIV don't fit in the box (the last line is cut in half). But this could be a problem of mine. This doesn't happen on excel 2013.

Also, I would like to thank you for putting the maneuvers as named variables. It helps a lot with the spell-less ranger!!

Great feedback , thanks

1. Spelling or faerie corrected for Drow
2. Not sure if this is in any errata but makes sense to me, I'll remove it if there is no official errata
3. I'll only kept that option for the Half-Elf, if selecting this option for variants it becomes the same as the Half-Elf so kept the variant unique.
4. Will check it out, Half-Drow should have these selectable
5. Will check it out, I think it should add if you select your race as the custom race
6. Ahh found the issue, Shields adding to AC is fixed in v1.61 (final)
7. Strange, normally happens if you're not at 100% zoom - scaling in Excel 2010-2016 is not that good, Excel Mobile is a lot better at scaling.

No problem with the maneuvers, good to hear they make things easier

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I just started playing around with the 1.61 beta and noticed something.. these are purely cosmetic and nit-picky and way down on the priority list, but the arcane tradition of "BladeSinging" should really be called "Bladesinger" and the spell "Boom Blade" should be "Booming Blade." Sorry if someone already pointed this out.. I didn't want to wade through a hundred pages when I'm running on battery power.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm okay with Bladesinger, will change for v1.61(final). Boom Blade has been corrected to Booming Blade for v1.61(final)

elandy

First Post
Great feedback , thanks

1. Spelling or faerie corrected for Drow
2. Not sure if this is in any errata but makes sense to me, I'll remove it if there is no official errata
3. I'll only kept that option for the Half-Elf, if selecting this option for variants it becomes the same as the Half-Elf so kept the variant unique.
4. Will check it out, Half-Drow should have these selectable
5. Will check it out, I think it should add if you select your race as the custom race
6. Ahh found the issue, Shields adding to AC is fixed in v1.61 (final)
7. Strange, normally happens if you're not at 100% zoom - scaling in Excel 2010-2016 is not that good, Excel Mobile is a lot better at scaling.

No problem with the maneuvers, good to hear they make things easier

2. Not in the official errata. But I agree with you, Drows should have Undercommon as a bonus language.
3. But SCAG variants only change Skill Versatility for one of the other racial features, right? The ability scores should be the same as the Half-Elf. Maybe you thought I was talking about the skills, not the ability scores?
5. In fact I found that bug in a previous version (1.60), when I used the custom tab to make a Half-Drow. At that time I "fixed" it putting 1 additional cantrip in the spellcasting tab, just to make the number of cantrips known to stop appearing in red (that kind of things bothers me) but it was superfluous, because the cantrip was selectable, it just didn't appeared on the cantrip count and the yellow box to put it didn't show.

I'll continue testing. Once again, great job!!!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads