• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Malthorn

First Post
Something funny going on with spiked armor in 1.61 beta. Mountain Dwarf barbarian with 14 dex, spiked armor and shield should have an AC of 18.

spiked armor.JPG

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Something funny going on with spiked armor in 1.61 beta. Mountain Dwarf barbarian with 14 dex, spiked armor and shield should have an AC of 18.

Thanks for the feedback! Good stuff
Spiked armor properties bug fixed in v1.61
The total AC is corrected in v 1.61 (wasn't adding the shield AC to the total as I did some background changes to the calculations)

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I've been playing around a bit with the custom subclass, and I found a couple of bugs:
1. The ctrl+shift+s macro (with the reset custom option enabled) doesn't erase the custom subclass
2. If you erase the lvl of the extra attack in the custom subclass (or you set it at 2) you get an extra attack on the CSI. It took me some time to isolate the problem, because I found it after erasing everything and having most of the sheet filled up, but I think the problem is if you leave the extra attack lvl field empty or set it at 2. If you put a lvl 6 or higher but don't put how many extra attacks, the bugged extra attack disappears.

Sorry for the double post.

Excellent find, two issues. 1. bug occurs when the extra attacks level is blank 2. will only apply 1 extra attack even if the number entered in is >1. Fixed in v1.61

For the reset I'm planning to implement this when v1.61 is released

Last edited:

xDialtone

First Post
Hey Anvil, having issues with the reset issue. It doesn't seem to be doing anything at all when I press the hotkeys. Macros are enabled and so is editing on Excel 2016. Is there something I am missing?

Thank you for the great tool you've given us.

EDIT: Nevermind, it wants to work now.

elandy

First Post
I've been playing around with some more custom subclasses (the ones I found in UA articles), and I came up with some more bugs and a couple of requests:

Bugs:
1. Archetype Spells in the custom tab don't add to the spells prepared/known quantity in the spellcasting tab, so if my subclass gives me "always prepared" spells I have no way to add them to the spells prepared/known.
2. Warlock Expanded Spells in the custom tab shouldn't force you to select those spells, just add them to your list. As it is now, it shows in red "1 spell remaining" in the spellcasting tab if I don't select the extra spell.

In fact I think those bugs are a consequence of how the spells from custom subclasses are implemented. Some time a subclass just gives you spells to add to your list and some times it gives you spells that are always prepared and don't count towards your spells known/prepared, and the Archetype Spells in the custom tab doesn't distinguish between them. I think it depends on the basic class, right? So, for example, if I make a custom cleric subclass it will add them to the number of spells known/prepared, but if I make a custom warlock subclass it will just add them to the list, right? But what if the basic class doesn't have extra spells by default (for example a ranger or sorceror)?
By the way, may be it's my fault because I could be filling the subclass wrongly. I don't know what's the difference between the Spells and Archetype Spells fields in the custom tab. Maybe there lies the problem.

Requests:
1. Some way to add proficiency on saving throws.
2. Some way to add darkvision (or different types of vision).

These are the problems I found filling in the UA subclasses that appeared so far. I ran out of subclasses to test, so maybe later I will just make up some subclasses only for the purpose of testing the fields I didn't use yet.

Keep your excellent work!!!

PS: Have you seen the bug I reported on my post quoting your image of the new layout of the character summary?

Mergon

First Post
ForgedAnvil:

I have yet another request for you. If you are willing, it should be easy enough to add to 1.61 (Final).

All I want this time around are some blank lines in the Options section of the Start tab; right in front of each of the currently unused drop downs. I like using them for calculating and applying bonuses for Features like Rage, Bladesong, etc. I'd just like to be able to label which ability a drop down is for.

JlawRip

First Post
Not sure if it was already noted, but I also seem to be having some trouble with the Adventure Log. Can't seem to put anything in the Adventure Notes/Downtime Activity section. Everything else works fine though. Also, as a request, can you make the Total sections editable? It's easier to just put your total after you buy something, spend some in DT.

(1.61 Beta3)

voicelessfaces

First Post
Jumping with an issue I found in the recent sheets (saw it in 1.57 and in 1.60). Character Sheet II takes an exceptionally long time to load for me. I'm assuming it's because of the prepopulated items list. I'm using a Surface Pro 3 that is pretty beefy so I don't think it's a machine issue, though it must be something - my wife's SP3 doesn't have the problem (I'm on 10 she's on 8.1 if that means anything). I'm more wondering if it's possible to turn the preloaded lists off on CSII since there are a lot of them on that sheet.

And kudos for building this, it's really an incredible effort.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I've been playing around with some more custom subclasses (the ones I found in UA articles), and I came up with some more bugs and a couple of requests:

Bugs:
1. Archetype Spells in the custom tab don't add to the spells prepared/known quantity in the spellcasting tab, so if my subclass gives me "always prepared" spells I have no way to add them to the spells prepared/known.
2. Warlock Expanded Spells in the custom tab shouldn't force you to select those spells, just add them to your list. As it is now, it shows in red "1 spell remaining" in the spellcasting tab if I don't select the extra spell.

In fact I think those bugs are a consequence of how the spells from custom subclasses are implemented. Some time a subclass just gives you spells to add to your list and some times it gives you spells that are always prepared and don't count towards your spells known/prepared, and the Archetype Spells in the custom tab doesn't distinguish between them. I think it depends on the basic class, right? So, for example, if I make a custom cleric subclass it will add them to the number of spells known/prepared, but if I make a custom warlock subclass it will just add them to the list, right? But what if the basic class doesn't have extra spells by default (for example a ranger or sorceror)?
By the way, may be it's my fault because I could be filling the subclass wrongly. I don't know what's the difference between the Spells and Archetype Spells fields in the custom tab. Maybe there lies the problem.

Requests:
1. Some way to add proficiency on saving throws.
2. Some way to add darkvision (or different types of vision).

These are the problems I found filling in the UA subclasses that appeared so far. I ran out of subclasses to test, so maybe later I will just make up some subclasses only for the purpose of testing the fields I didn't use yet.

Keep your excellent work!!!

PS: Have you seen the bug I reported on my post quoting your image of the new layout of the character summary?

Thanks for the great feedback elandy

1 & 2 I'll need to figure a way to do this as some classes are added as prepared/known and others are just added as extended spells lists (and do not increase number or prepared/known). I have an idea but need to test it.

Requests
1. I'll have to look into adding this feature
2. I originally has vision in there but though that it didn't make sense to add it as a class feature, this would be more of a race feature (e.g. darkvision). I haven't seen any class feature that allow a race to change the type of vision when they reach a certain level.

For the bug report, I was testing if the spell text length would fit "Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion" as it's the longest spell name :) I just used the level 5 section and typed in the spell.

Remove ads