• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Not sure if it was already noted, but I also seem to be having some trouble with the Adventure Log. Can't seem to put anything in the Adventure Notes/Downtime Activity section. Everything else works fine though. Also, as a request, can you make the Total sections editable? It's easier to just put your total after you buy something, spend some in DT.

(1.61 Beta3)

Thanks for the feedback. It was a bug and it is fixed in 1.61 (final)

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Jumping with an issue I found in the recent sheets (saw it in 1.57 and in 1.60). Character Sheet II takes an exceptionally long time to load for me. I'm assuming it's because of the prepopulated items list. I'm using a Surface Pro 3 that is pretty beefy so I don't think it's a machine issue, though it must be something - my wife's SP3 doesn't have the problem (I'm on 10 she's on 8.1 if that means anything). I'm more wondering if it's possible to turn the preloaded lists off on CSII since there are a lot of them on that sheet.

And kudos for building this, it's really an incredible effort.

Thanks for the feedback

I'm also using an SP3, awesome device and use it to design the generator. I'm running the latest build of W10 with Office 365 2016 and I'm not seeing this issue. The dropdown lists are unlikely causing the problem, it a very basic feature that doesn't require any CPU (just a static list). You may want to "repair online" your Office installation by typing "uninstall" into Cortana > select Programs and Features. Right click on Office and choose Change - you'll see the option for repairing "Online".

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
ForgedAnvil:

I have yet another request for you. If you are willing, it should be easy enough to add to 1.61 (Final).

All I want this time around are some blank lines in the Options section of the Start tab; right in front of each of the currently unused drop downs. I like using them for calculating and applying bonuses for Features like Rage, Bladesong, etc. I'd just like to be able to label which ability a drop down is for.

Sure, I can add some blank editable cells for that ;)

xDialtone

First Post
Is this the reset problem you were having? Seems strange, you may want to "repair" your Office installation if this is happening often. I haven't experienced this issue

This time it was just me being a tool and forgetting that the Human Variant isn't a subrace option, but a menu option that needs to be selected.

I am having an issue with excel 2016 though that's not allowing me to use mouse scroll to move up and down selections and having to use my mouse to move up and down the lists. Not sure if that's an issue with the generator or just something excel 2016 doesn't let me do, as excel mobile let's me do it.

I was also wondering though if you have any plans of implementing a custom class option in the future?

Thanks for the great application again.

Last edited:

elandy

First Post
Thanks for the great feedback elandy

1 & 2 I'll need to figure a way to do this as some classes are added as prepared/known and others are just added as extended spells lists (and do not increase number or prepared/known). I have an idea but need to test it.

Requests
1. I'll have to look into adding this feature
2. I originally has vision in there but though that it didn't make sense to add it as a class feature, this would be more of a race feature (e.g. darkvision). I haven't seen any class feature that allow a race to change the type of vision when they reach a certain level.

For the bug report, I was testing if the spell text length would fit "Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion" as it's the longest spell name :) I just used the level 5 section and typed in the spell.

Request 2: It seems odd, as you say, for a class feature to change your type of vision, but that's the case with the ranger archetype in the UA Underdark article. I only requested it because I was testing all the "official" subclasses I could find. But I think is not a big deal. I don't think we are going to see to much subclasses like that, but who knows...

Conandar

Explorer
Very minor thing, but I have been noticing this bug for several versions now (currently using 1.60). I use standard encumbrance and uncheck the variant encumbrance option for every character I make. The problem is that, with a character who has less than half of their maximum weight allowance are being flagged as Encumbrance-x on CSI. For example, a human fighter with a strength of 18 who has 114.4 lbs of gear is being flagged as "Encumbrance-10 ft". It looks like the text is being triggered by the variant encumbrance of Strength x 5, even when that variant is not being used.

As always, keep up the excellent work!

JlawRip

First Post
Something I just noticed. With a Psuedodragon familiar, the Senses area in the Familiar/Animal Companion table on Character Sheet IV is cut off. (1.61BETA3)

Attachments

• Untitledacs.png
    Untitledacs.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 123

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
This time it was just me being a tool and forgetting that the Human Variant isn't a subrace option, but a menu option that needs to be selected.

I am having an issue with excel 2016 though that's not allowing me to use mouse scroll to move up and down selections and having to use my mouse to move up and down the lists. Not sure if that's an issue with the generator or just something excel 2016 doesn't let me do, as excel mobile let's me do it.

I was also wondering though if you have any plans of implementing a custom class option in the future?

Thanks for the great application again.

For the mouse scrolling, in Excel Mobile yes, in standard Excel no - which is a shame really. There are some very nice features in Excel mobile that I wish they would implement in Excel 2016.

For the custom class options, no plans - working on custom subclasses (which is a significant amount of work)

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Request 2: It seems odd, as you say, for a class feature to change your type of vision, but that's the case with the ranger archetype in the UA Underdark article. I only requested it because I was testing all the "official" subclasses I could find. But I think is not a big deal. I don't think we are going to see to much subclasses like that, but who knows...

I'll add it in again, users can play around with the feature and see how it works. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads