• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
First off, I really love this sheet. It works great for me. But as of the current update 1.63, I am having problems with a split class barbarian, sorcerer build on the sheet. As soon as I hit 3/3 in the classes, my background details on page two, go immediately to #NA. I tried this an older sheet, 1.41, and got the same result.

To troubleshoot this further need to know the Race and Subrace, both Subclasses for Barbarian & Sorcerer (did you select barbarian or sorcerer first?), and which class at 3rd level causes the #N/A error?

I absolutely love this product! That being said, I believe there might be a bug with 1.63 where all armors and weapons are listed as "proficient" on the Start page and those numbers are transferred to the Character Sheet 1. This all worked correctly as lately as 1.61.

Thank you for providing this.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I absolutely love this product! That being said, I believe there might be a bug with 1.63 where all armors and weapons are listed as "proficient" on the Start page and those numbers are transferred to the Character Sheet 1. This all worked correctly as lately as 1.61.

Thank you for providing this.

Thanks for the feedback, indeed it is a bug and was reported earlier. Bug is fixed for v1.64 (released soon)

Rustman

First Post
Great sheet! Good work! Now, I need to unlock one of the sheets to make a small modification. One thing that bugs me is that if my character is wearing a backpack and is suffering from encumbrance, there is no way of quickly telling the sheet that my character has dropped it. What I'm doing is listing everything that is in the pack down in the "items not carried" list, and then doing a weight override of the backpack to 5lbs plus the sum of everything in the not carried list that I declare as being in the backpack. That way if I'm carrying it and surprised I can leave it on and it calculates all the encumbrance values correctly, but, if my character drops it, all I have to do is change the backpack quantity to 0 and it removes the weight of everything instead of having to go through every single item individually, which is time consuming. In order to do that, however, I need access to the cell that calculates weight on each line item in the "not carried" list. There any way I can get either the cell numbers I need for the formulas or the password to unlock the page?

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Hit Forged, I've ran into a weird font problem after updating to 1.63, I've been using your sheet for awhile now and I've had no problems with it yet until now, http://i.imgur.com/eDLoDjX.png it seems to only effect CSI and Start.

That is a little strange, it looks like the text is Arial instead of Arial Narrow for those cells. I'm assuming the sheet is zoomed to 100%, sometimes the scaling in Excel 201x is not ideal.

All I can recommend is to re-download and transfer the character to that file to see if that fixes the issue. 1.64 should be released in a day or so...

Great sheet! Good work! Now, I need to unlock one of the sheets to make a small modification. One thing that bugs me is that if my character is wearing a backpack and is suffering from encumbrance, there is no way of quickly telling the sheet that my character has dropped it. What I'm doing is listing everything that is in the pack down in the "items not carried" list, and then doing a weight override of the backpack to 5lbs plus the sum of everything in the not carried list that I declare as being in the backpack. That way if I'm carrying it and surprised I can leave it on and it calculates all the encumbrance values correctly, but, if my character drops it, all I have to do is change the backpack quantity to 0 and it removes the weight of everything instead of having to go through every single item individually, which is time consuming. In order to do that, however, I need access to the cell that calculates weight on each line item in the "not carried" list. There any way I can get either the cell numbers I need for the formulas or the password to unlock the page?

I'm not sure you will get an unlock code from Forged Anvil, and I may use your ingenious work around for my own characters, but it might be a simple fix as well.

Forged Anvil could the items carried in a backpack all default to zero weight if the backpack is "dropped" by changing the backpacks item value to zero? Thanks in advance.

tukuiPat

First Post
That is a little strange, it looks like the text is Arial instead of Arial Narrow for those cells. I'm assuming the sheet is zoomed to 100%, sometimes the scaling in Excel 201x is not ideal.

All I can recommend is to re-download and transfer the character to that file to see if that fixes the issue. 1.64 should be released in a day or so...

I have fixed the problem, which it's really weird but Arial Narrow wasn't installed anymore...

ForgedAnvil

Explorer

I'm not sure you will get an unlock code from Forged Anvil, and I may use your ingenious work around for my own characters, but it might be a simple fix as well.

Forged Anvil could the items carried in a backpack all default to zero weight if the backpack is "dropped" by changing the backpacks item value to zero? Thanks in advance.

Probably the best way to do this is to create a line in your Equipment list called Dropped Backpack, assign a qty of 0. Then in the weight override type

PHP:
=SUMIF(BU14:CP150,"Backpack",CR14:DA150)

When the backpack is dropped, change the qty value to -1 (representing a dropped backpack) and done.

Unfortunately you cannot do this in the current v1.63, you'll need to wait for v1.64!

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Version 1.64 Released

Version 1.64 is now released and available in the downloads section.
Download here - ForgedAnvil 5E Character Generator and take a moment and rate thisif you like it, thank you!

V1.64 06 Jan 2016
- Fixed issue with all weapons shown as proficient
- Corrected City Watch, Investigator, Urban Bounty Hunter and other backgrounds
- Corrected issue with Winged variant Tiefling and cantrips
- Corrected issue with Half-Wood Elf missing Elf Weapon Training
- Corrected spelling for some backgrounds
- Users can now create a "Dropped Backback" in CSII. Use 0 for QTY and enter this formula in the Weight Override =SUMIF(BU14:CP150,"Backpack",CR14:DA150)to drop the backpack enter -1 in QTY
- Moved Saving Throw and Skills "other modifier" to Start sheet - called "adjustments"
- A lot of work done in the back end to prepare for v2.00 and simplified user customised sheets
- Various bug fixes, spelling corrections and tool enhancements

To be completed:
- Wild Shape corrections. Planned for v1.65

Let me know if you find issues, enjoy!

Show your support, buy me a beer with PayPal

Last edited:

Remove ads