D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Hi,

I have to say that this sheet is awesome, I've been using it for a while already and I've decided that it's time to contribute, if you allow me to.

On the one hand, I can help with the Spanish translations as that's my mother tongue, and I already have some experience to make accurate translations for this context in particular.

On the other hand, I've seen that in the latest version (2.0) you've included the Favored soul of the sorcerer. Awesome! The problem I've found is that it has pre-selected the life domain of the cleric, but either there is no place to change it (bug or not implemented, although if life domain is pre-selected there is already some implementation), or I'm blind, which is also a possibility! Hahaha

Those are my two notes, if you let me help at least with translations, I would be very happy to contribute. I'm also a programmer and I've already done some small tasks "D&D-5e related", so if I can help with that as well even better.

K.

Awesome, great to hear and your help with localization would be fantastic. If you want to add say Dutch for example this is also welcomed (or any other language for that matter). The best way to do this is using the Translations file in the download section and update with the correct translation for the English word, be aware that the length of the text is a factor in certain areas of the character sheets but we can check that later. To add a completely new language just add a column and begin:), Once you've completed it shoot me a PM and we can go from there.

For the favored soul sub class this is editable in the custom sheet under subclasses, I've only added a few examples for testing showing what users can do. To change the life domain to something else you'd need to edit the sub-class in the custom sheet.

leavethesilver

First Post
Custom Races, Etc.

This may have been addressed already, and if so, please forgive my ignorance...100+ pages was just too much to comb through today. :) But for the ability to add custom races, backgrounds, etc. are we limited to just the 3 extra races and such or is there a way to add more? My group uses a custom world that has 5 additional races available, no new classes, a few extra backgrounds, a new deific structure, new weapons, etc. and I can only add a few in so far...or maybe I just don't see where exactly to do more. Can anyone lend a better eye or set me straight? Thanks!

hejtmane

Explorer
character sheet I on beta build 5 the armor class shows proper ac for shield and armor but zero for other; the total is correct but the display does not update correctly on other +0 always
ac.PNG

Conandar

Explorer
character sheet I on beta build 5 the armor class shows proper ac for shield and armor but zero for other; the total is correct but the display does not update correctly on other +0 always
View attachment 78122

ForgedAnvil said:
Had the wrong variables assigned for those cells, updated and corrected in the next build. Thanks for the feedback!

For the correct variables use

Armor =ArmorClassBase
Shield = ArmorClassShield
Dex for now use =IF(CharacterLevel="","",IF(ArmorDEXmod="",DEXMod, ArmorDEXmod)) it will become =ArmorClassDEX
Other =ArmorClassBonus

This should work as intended.

This should solve your problem.

Wolfx

First Post
As others have stated this sheet is amazing.

Is there a way to add the Barbarian resistances with an [R] in front, in the Resistance box for reference

Thanks

Conandar

Explorer
v2.00b5 Blue Dragonborn 1 Fighter 19 Warlock (Fiend, Pact of the Blade)

Typo in the Greenflame Blade cantrip description
error1.png

Everything I can find suggests that Tiamat is Chaotic Evil, not Lawful Evil.
error2.png

According to the PHB, the Warlock gets invocations at levels 2 (x2), 5, 7, 9, 12, 15, and 18.
error3.png

surfarcher

First Post
Thanks so much for making this tool!

One of my players started punching his L10 PC into it. It's very nice to be able to include a lot of our homebrew with minimal effort - very nice!

Unfortunately on "Character Sheet 1" it's applying proficiency to all saving throws - twice to those with which he actually has proficiency.

With the security on the spreadsheet locked down so hard I'm not able to debug it myself. Any thoughts on how to resolve it?

Edit: Scratch that. I cracked the spreadsheet open and worked it out. He's a Paladin and Aura Of Protection is kicking in. Nice!

Last edited:

SansMoins

Explorer
Thanks so much for making this tool!

One of my players started punching his L10 PC into it. It's very nice to be able to include a lot of our homebrew with minimal effort - very nice!

Unfortunately on "Character Sheet 1" it's applying proficiency to all saving throws - twice to those with which he actually has proficiency.

With the security on the spreadsheet locked down so hard I'm not able to debug it myself. Any thoughts on how to resolve it?

Edit: Scratch that. I cracked the spreadsheet open and worked it out. He's a Paladin and Aura Of Protection is kicking in. Nice!

One of my players had the same issue. I had to recreate him from lvl 1 and move up to figure it out!

Remove ads