D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

What I'm saying is that:

1. I've been doing it as you described in your 1-3.

2. I'm incredibly stingy with memory, and while 8-9 MB is larger than I would LIKE, it is not larger than I can settle for if there is no other option.

3. I remember (possibly incorrectly, I've used a lot of builders over the years) using Excel based character builders before that while their spreadsheets were 5+ MB, they had a means of saving character data as some sort of importable file less than 1 MB, which could be imported to populate the spreadsheet. So, instead of my character builder folder being over 200 MB, it would only be around 30 MB. Thus I was hoping someone could enlighten me on a way to do that with this one.

https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/plans/
The 5 GB plan is free and would make your characters available from any computer.
What you are asking for would require a modified version of the macro that is in the transfer tool that just transfers to a data only file. It wouldn't be hard to make initially but I'd venture to guess it would get very little usage by the community and would be something else require updates every time the base builder is changed.
Try exporting the Start tab and the spell tab to a new file and save them there. Maybe you can come up with a solution that satisfies that way.

Mordrek

First Post
hi there, not sure if any one else has noted this but the spell sniper feat has some faults. it allows the produce flame cantrip, and also doubles the throwing range of the spell, even thought the range for the spell is self.
just letting you know

Dannyboy7702

First Post
hi there, not sure if any one else has noted this but the spell sniper feat has some faults. it allows the produce flame cantrip, and also doubles the throwing range of the spell, even thought the range for the spell is self.
just letting you know

If you read the text for the "Produce Flame" cantrip you will notice that says....

"You can also attack with the flame, although doing so ends the spell. When you cast this spell, or as an action on a later turn, you can hurl the flame at a creature within 30 feet of you. Make a ranged spell attack. On a hit, the target takes 1d8 fire damage".

The above is a direct quote from the PHB page 269. That means the "Produce Flame" cantrip can be used as a ranged attack spell.

So the "Spell Sniper" feat is not flawed.

aspasia

First Post
Constrictor Snake should have Blindsight 10ft (MM pg 320, PHB pg 305)

Constrictor Snake should have Blindsight 10ft (MM pg 320, PHB pg 305)

Thanks!

Robbe Van Kets

First Post
Error in version 2.27 concerning language scripts for Aquan and Ignan

When selecting the languages Aquan or Ignan, the character sheet displays the script to be Elvish resp Draconic. Should these not both be Dwarvish? PHB p 123 states Primordial script should be Dwarvish. The forgotten realm Wiki does so too.

Richard Adams1

First Post
Love you work. I have been using is since early BETA Versions.

Thant being said I import a lot of my characters as the new versions come out. My issue is that while most the character information imports without issue I constantly have to reenter the Adventure log information and with higher level characters requiring 2 or more pages this is additionally problematic when there appears to be a glitch not allowing more than 1 sheet to have information entered yet 3 are able to be printed out.

Could someone please look into this for me. I would be eternally greatful.

Richard Adams1

First Post
I had similar issues with the CS not fitting to a page of paper with earlier versions.
#1 Try updating the version you are using to the latest version available (Currently 2.27).
#2 If the issue persists, you can modify your margins within Excel to None. Make sure to check the modification in Print Preview and Check the Box next to Horizontally
Click OK and you should see that it will update the page.

I do this on each NEW Version (just as a precaussion) to all the tabs I would generally print out for use, before importing any characters from a previous version.

Remove ads