D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

mboni

Explorer
Indeed, that very first dark blue box, associated with line one for the log, is where I have my first date. But it does not affect where the graph starts its date.
8-Sep-17 Starting Gold
8-Sep-17 1 DDAL 07-01 City on the Edge, Lord's Alliance quest
The Graph still starts at 22-Sep-12.
What am I missing?
All of your log entries are on the same date? You can't graph just one day. Try setting your 'starting gold' entry to the 7th, and then your first adventure to the 8th.

Dannyboy7702

First Post
Indeed, that very first dark blue box, associated with line one for the log, is where I have my first date. But it does not affect where the graph starts its date.
8-Sep-17 Starting Gold
8-Sep-17 1 DDAL 07-01 City on the Edge, Lord's Alliance quest
The Graph still starts at 22-Sep-12.
What am I missing?

send me a PM and I'll give you my email address. Then you can send me your CS and I will take a look at it.

Digobur

First Post
So I've noticed an issue with multiclassing on version 2.28. When the second class is Ranger, Sorcerer, or Warlock you do not have the ability to choose an origin. All other classes will allow you to do so when in the second slot.

To be more specific, the drop down menu is usable but there are no subclasses to select. Your only option is to choose "Select..."

After testing this issue also occurs in 2.27 with the same classes when selected as the second class. All other classes work as intended.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
So I've noticed an issue with multiclassing on version 2.28. When the second class is Ranger, Sorcerer, or Warlock you do not have the ability to choose an origin. All other classes will allow you to do so when in the second slot.

To be more specific, the drop down menu is usable but there are no subclasses to select. Your only option is to choose "Select..."

After testing this issue also occurs in 2.27 with the same classes when selected as the second class. All other classes work as intended.

Fixed in the next 2.28 beta release, thanks for reporting

Virgileo

First Post
Translation

How do I translate the sheet? Words in the sheet say they are equal to some translated variables ( =(Translated[WORD]) ). Where can I edit those variables to my language? I get that you can change language in options but given translation is awful, so I'd like to change some stuff. There seem to be some kind of hidden Tables sheet...

Last edited:

Conandar

Explorer
How do I translate the sheet? Words in the sheet say they are equal to some translated variables ( =(Translated[WORD]) ). Where can I edit those variables to my language? I get that you can change language in options but given translation is awful, so I'd like to change some stuff. There seem to be some kind of hidden Tables sheet...

On ForgedAnvil's download page for this generator there is a file (v2.20) with the available translations. I imagine that you can work with FA for a new translation or for corrections to existing translations.

Last edited:

Matt McNiel

Villager
2.28 Beta - When building a Fighter with 900 experience, I select Fighter, and I get the following error (Picture attached). I also noticed that the only Archtypes available are Arcane Archer, Banneret, & Battle Master. It is missing Samurai, Cavalier, & the original Eldritch Knight. There are some others missing as well, but wanted to get this part out there. Love this Character Generator & I can't wait till it is complete with Zanathar's material including all previous WoTC official material! Thanks!

Issue with Fighter.jpg

Dannyboy7702

First Post
2.28 Beta - When building a Fighter with 900 experience, I select Fighter, and I get the following error (Picture attached). I also noticed that the only Archtypes available are Arcane Archer, Banneret, & Battle Master. It is missing Samurai, Cavalier, & the original Eldritch Knight. There are some others missing as well, but wanted to get this part out there. Love this Character Generator & I can't wait till it is complete with Zanathar's material including all previous WoTC official material! Thanks!

View attachment 93530

This error has already been discovered and addressed by Forged.

JediMastaDJ

First Post
I love the sheet. Finally started a campaign as DM and had everyone use this as most of them are new, so it made it way easier to do calculations. Great work.

I'm using version 2.27 and I have a character that I gave an item to that gives him a spell from a different class list. Is there a way to add that to his known spells? He's a cleric and has an item giving him the Hunter's Mark spell as long as he's attuned to the item. I printed it on an item card for him, but was hoping it could be marked down on his spell list so that he wouldn't forget about it.

Thanks so much for all of your hard work!

Dannyboy7702

First Post
I love the sheet. Finally started a campaign as DM and had everyone use this as most of them are new, so it made it way easier to do calculations. Great work.

I'm using version 2.27 and I have a character that I gave an item to that gives him a spell from a different class list. Is there a way to add that to his known spells? He's a cleric and has an item giving him the Hunter's Mark spell as long as he's attuned to the item. I printed it on an item card for him, but was hoping it could be marked down on his spell list so that he wouldn't forget about it.

Thanks so much for all of your hard work!

Just manually type it in the Level 1 spell column on the Spellcasting Tab.

Remove ads