• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Probably remove any mention of "send me a private message with your email" so people stop doing that. The post with the email in it is pretty hidden in a spoiler tag a few pages back, and with almost 400 pages in this thread, everyone is just skimming at face value for any method of getting this tool rather than reading in-depth.

I agree that removing the pm request message is a good start. It'd be great if this thread could just be about sharing any comments or feedback that relate directly to the sheet. I think [MENTION=6800575]Dannyboy7702[/MENTION] is responsible for most of the PM request so he'd have to be the one that led an effort to remove them.

My Account

First Post
:angel:
I'll post this again to make it easier to find and while I'm at... Some feedback on if this is working as intended would be good. Just one or two of you please. I don't want to contribute to the spam!

[sblock]"getlink56+enw" at gmail dot com[/sblock]

I know this is extremely nit-picky, and I realize I may have missed where it was previously reported, but the field at the bottom of Character Sheet II that should read "Backpack Weight" currently reads "Opportunity Attack (OA)". This is due to a hard coded value that should have been a formula at the bottom of the Translation table column 1 on the Tables worksheet.

Version 2.27

Thanks again for all the hard work.

Conandar

Explorer
I know this is extremely nit-picky, and I realize I may have missed where it was previously reported, but the field at the bottom of Character Sheet II that should read "Backpack Weight" currently reads "Opportunity Attack (OA)". This is due to a hard coded value that should have been a formula at the bottom of the Translation table column 1 on the Tables worksheet.

That text is not hard-coded, but it is an error in in the translation code. If you unprotect the page you can see that the formula appears to be correct, but the contents are in error. Backpack error.jpg

That text is not hard-coded, but it is an error in in the translation code. If you unprotect the page you can see that the formula appears to be correct, but the contents are in error.View attachment 96043

It's not the text that's hard coded; it's somewhat deeper than that. There is a translation table in the Tables worksheet that defines all the translated words/phrases including TranslationBackpackWeight as named ranges. The contents of those named ranges (cells) are populated by a formula which uses the column of the language that is selected. In this case, the formula was carried down *almost* to the end of the table. Backpack Weight is the last entry in the table and instead of the formula, it contains the number of the previous line which, as it turns out, is Opportunity Attack (OA).

Conandar

Explorer
I will have to take your word for it, as I do not access to a tables worksheet and do not have a new beta to see if it has been fixed yet. All I really know is what you can see in the posted picture: that the formula does not return the desired result. I recall reporting this to FA quite some time ago, so it seems likely that this particular bug has already been squashed for the next version.

It's not the text that's hard coded; it's somewhat deeper than that. There is a translation table in the Tables worksheet that defines all the translated words/phrases including TranslationBackpackWeight as named ranges. The contents of those named ranges (cells) are populated by a formula which uses the column of the language that is selected. In this case, the formula was carried down *almost* to the end of the table. Backpack Weight is the last entry in the table and instead of the formula, it contains the number of the previous line which, as it turns out, is Opportunity Attack (OA).

If I recall, some fool wasn't paying attention to details when adding the row to the translation table. It is fixed in the XGE update. I don't know that the translation aspect was completed though so all languages may still display english.

peon

First Post
Did the beta version include "prodigy" from XGte?

The only talent from Xanthar's that I was interested in was "Prodigy".

I can manually edit that into the old sheet I have (2.27) by adding proficiency with a tool and language and ignoring the red warning message. But what I can't do is find a way to mimic the "expertise" in a skill (ie: doubling a proficiency) once my party hits level 9 and our proficiency bonus becomes +4. We're going to hit level 9 in a few weeks.

Did the new version of the spreadsheet that was under beta testing include a working version of "Prodigy"? If so, I'd love it if someone could PM me a link to a copy.

Last edited:

Remove ads