D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

MixedGoobers

Villager
One thing I would personally would love is more toggles at the top of the Start sheet, where if I turn them off, the corresponding fields in the Character Sheets would go away.

Perhaps this is just a result of the characters /campaigns I play in but for me my Active Features and Spell list is the stuff I look at most often. I do not have use for a large proficiency list for weapons, armor, or tools, (languages can get big but not 15ish), and the Ability features do not seem to ever get filled. Also the character condition exhaustion section is huge. Basically, what I am asking for is a poll from the community if it makes sense to have these sections as they are or if we can rearrange everything to make the things you will use more prominent?

KimoKhan

First Post
May have already been addressed: Warlock Celestial level 1. I should have 4 spells prepared 2 for level, +2 for subclass, but it only shows 2. Beta5. Looks like this carries over to higher levels as well when extra spells are added, but not part of total prepared.

Last edited:

May have already been addressed: Warlock Celestial level 1. I should have 4 spells prepared 2 for level, +2 for subclass, but it only shows 2. Beta5. Looks like this carries over to higher levels as well when extra spells are added, but not part of total prepared.

I can't remember if that's been addressed or not and I won't get a chance to look until Monday.
In the meantime, download beta 6 and see if that resolves your issue.

Edit: As mentioned in another comment, I don't think you are correct in your calculations of known spells. I believe it should be 2 known as indicated by the sheet.

Last edited:

Conandar

Explorer
I get that the XE version has features that are desireable, especially the custom feat option. However, I am personally loathe to use what I see as a hacked version, and until I see concrete evidence that the author and owner of this generator has blessed the XE version, I will not use it. It may be my loss, but I am willing to take that loss. If the XE version were not just a hacked version, but instead a new and competing generator, I think I would try it out, but it isn't.

xanadunl

First Post
I get that the XE version has features that are desireable, especially the custom feat option. However, I am personally loathe to use what I see as a hacked version, and until I see concrete evidence that the author and owner of this generator has blessed the XE version, I will not use it. It may be my loss, but I am willing to take that loss. If the XE version were not just a hacked version, but instead a new and competing generator, I think I would try it out, but it isn't.

I hear ya. However neither of them have ForgedAnvil his blessing, so technically both are "hacked".
AnotherCrappyDM said he is a co-writer of the original (and I believe him).
The XE (now MTF) version also has a co-writer of the original, but he hasn't posted about it yet. I believe due to IRL reasons.

In the end there is nothing to be gained by the writers. They are just Excel enthusiasts who like to do their own thing. :p

Thurmas

Explorer
Bug I believe, unless I'm just missing some change. Somewhere between 2.27 and 2.28, it lost the ability to select Mystic Arcanum spells for the Warlock from level 11 onward. No spells populate in the pull down list.

blackprince

First Post
I am creating a Hexblade/Bard multiclass character. For some reason the start screen options for Warlock Eldritch Invocations is not offering the "Agonizing Blast" invocation in the dropdown menu despite having done so in earlier versions. When I type it in, the information on the Character Summary page does properly reflect the addition of the Charisma bonus to the spell's damage.

Thanks for all of the hard work improving this great tool!

Remove ads