D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Conandar

Explorer
Yes, I understand what you are saying, but in the screenshot provided the option for Proficiency Dice is selected, and with that checked the number is NOT automatically added to weapon or saving throws because the number is determine by a die roll at the time the weapon or saving throw is used. In the CSI screenshot provided the die is d10, so the bonus can be anything from 1 to 10. If you uncheck the option on the Start page, the generator will act as you expect and use a fixed Proficiency Bonus, and the weapons and saving throws will include it.
CSI.pngStart.png

Last edited:

Timtumm

Explorer
I love beta 8. What about the new books:
Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes Deluxe
Wayfinders Guide to Eberron
Is there a chance these will be put into this awesome char sheet?

Conandar

Explorer
I wish I knew the answer to that question. The developers of this generator have been very silent lately, so the prognosis is not good at all. All I can suggest at this point is to use this generator for what it is worth, and use the custom page for as much as you can for the newly released materials.

calcu10n

First Post
Is there some kind of tutorial on how to use the custom page? I'm trying to implement the Stone Sorcerer, because my DM is going to let me use it. I was able to get some basic things to work but could use some help with others.
I don't know how to get:
- the +1 HP per level
- the CON mod to AC instead of DEX
- the level gains to appear on Character Sheet IV (though that's not very important)

I attach a screen shot of what i have so far for reference in case someone can help me.
Any help is much appreciated!
stone_sorc.png
I'm especially confused by the none / 0 / Con... stuff.

Last edited:

Timtumm

Explorer
I don't think the Warforged from "Wayfinders Guide to Eberron" can be done by custom. Those things needs some serious formula to work the armor.

Conandar

Explorer
Some of the customization will have to be done with Start page overrides, and some things may indeed be not possible at all or with formula tweaks.
[MENTION=6984976]calcu10n[/MENTION]: If you are using the beta version, I highly recommend either using v2.27 or using only Subclass 1 (2 and 3 have issues).

Many of the newer classes and races have features that were not envisioned or provided for when ForgedAnvil and/or the team worked on the generator. Getting those races and classes to work may be tricky, if they are possible at all. I have not seen the final version of the Warforged race, but I did manage to get it to work (I think, not actually playing one atm).

calcu10n

First Post
Hi Conandar, thanks you are right, some things seem to work better in the last stable version 2.27. However, I wanted to multiclass with Hexblade Warlock and that is not yet available in 2.27.
Oh well, I will make it work somehow with customizations and if all goes wrong with a good old pen :).

Still, if someone else tried to add the Stone Sorcerer, I would be very thankful for some advice.

Last edited:

Conandar

Explorer
- the +1 HP per level

On the Start page in "2. Class & Level" there is an Additional Hit Points override. Instead of just entering a number here, use =SorcererLevel, which will give the character 1 additional hit point per sorcerer class level.

- the CON mod to AC instead of DEX

This gets a bit messier, but it can be done on the Start page using "10. Armor & Shield". Use the armor-type Mage Armor as a base, then use overrides as follows:
Name: Stone's Durability (or whatever you like)
Armor Class: =13+CONMod
Dex Modifier: 0 (unless I am misreading the UA and the class still gets DEXMod to AC while using this feature)
Properties: proficient, stone's durability

- the level gains to appear on Character Sheet IV (though that's not very important)

Not quite sure what you want here. CSIV should duplicate the information from the Start page in Character Details already. Anything further will have to be done by you.

I'm especially confused by the none / 0 / Con... stuff.

I have seen this before, and in my experience it usually happens on the Beta when using Cut and Paste to copy the Trait Descriptions from another source.
Edit: I see the same behavior without any pasting with the Beta. User Phoffman has provided some fixes, and they appear to fix this particular bug.

Also, I see the Stone Sorcerer gets 4 1st level expanded spells instead of the normal 1 or 2. Edit: The program only allows up to 2 per spell level (an example of something that was not anticipated by the designers), so you will have to manually add them to the spell list on the Spellcasting page if your character knows either one.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Looking at the UA article, Stone's Durability sets your base AC to 13 + your Constitution modifier, so any Dexterity modifier the character may have should be allowed. This makes a better gish sorcerer which is better able to survive in melee combat.

Last edited:

calcu10n

First Post
Thanks a ton!
I didn't know about these variables and they are extremely helpful!
The only problem I have left is that the level gains which I entered at the custom sub-class don't show up on CSIV (and neither on the start page at "character details"), but as I said that's pretty minor.
stone_sorc2.png
(Yes I wrote Steel Sorcery because of a little refluff)
Edit: added Draconic as comparison

Last edited:

Stormrider73

Villager
The one thing that gets me is that they can't come on and say "Hey, we can no longer work on this due to a C&D order." I mean it would be really appreciated to just know what is going on and not be left hanging. I love this game but I more and more hate WoTC and D&DB and the people who run it.

Remove ads