• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Forked Thread: 3.5 Discounts (FREE TOOLBOX)

Treebore

First Post
The only reason I need two more copies is because I have 3 kids who are all gamers, so when I can afford to do so I get 3 copies of each exceptional D&D related product. I don't do it nearly often enough, I only have 3 copies of Necromancer games products, such as Rappan Athuk:Reloaded, City of Brass, and Wilderlands. I have 3 copies of everything Castle Zagyg related done by Gary Gygax via TLG. Plus Green Ronins "Book of the Righteous".

This is because I expect them to be life time gamers like I have been and wish to give them these things as inheritance. So the more copies I have of each worthy product the less agonizing I will have to do when I pass them on to my kids.

So if I were to win the two copies your offering I would have 3 copies and one less item to agonize over when I decide which kid gets which.

DM_Jeff

Explorer
Free? What the hell are you playing at, Jeff?

*sigh*. See, no good deed goes unpunished, and all that. :p

Folks: Thanks for your kind words so far, it is so cool to hear gamers still using this tome in their games.

All I know is Dawn and I still crack a copy open now and then just to muse, for so many old-school easter eggs we snuck in there and stuff from our own campaigns that it always brings back good memories.

And good luck getting the copies jim offers!

-DM Jeff

Voadam

Legend
Sob story: I'm going to try and sell my house this spring, my dog is dead, and my son said I can't go to his birthday party.:)

I enjoyed the AEG books I've got (Dragons, Mercenaries, WotAL Master Codex, WotAL Campaign, Adventure I) and I keep being tempted by the other d20 AEG things like the other one-word titles, Rokugan, Swashbuckling Adventures, WLD, WLC, etc.).

I'd even be happy with a pdf copy so no shipping costs for you. :D

Edit to add in below the reason for the second copy:

My brother runs weekly face to face 4e games and only has a pdf copy of the 1e DMG for his random RPG elements tables. A big at the table book would be great for everything but the d20 NPC stats. I'm the one who ends up needing d20 NPC stats for the 3e games I run. Even with a half dozen NPC books I still manage to come up with situations in game where I need more stats than I have.

Last edited:

jim pinto

First Post
And good luck getting the copies jim offers!

-DM Jeff

Good point. I never said when I'd mail them. Fine. A decision by week's end on the best reason… both so far are really good, too… although, I need money to buy games from other people is not as salient an answer as I'm dying of d20-itis and toolbox is the only cure... and no, you can't use that one now.

Mark Hope

Adventurer
Good point. I never said when I'd mail them. Fine. A decision by week's end on the best reason… both so far are really good, too… although, I need money to buy games from other people is not as salient an answer as I'm dying of d20-itis and toolbox is the only cure... and no, you can't use that one now.

I got a fever! And the only cure is...

More Toolbox!!!

bigbunnybear

First Post
Extremely useful!

I picked up two copies of this (one for me and a game room copy) at GenCon a few years back and it is very useful for the busy GM and/or player who just doesn't have a lot of time to plan out a game session.

I haven't noticed any difference from using it for a 3rd or 3.5 edition game, it's all good.

The last page has some fun crunchy bits I dare say.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads