• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Forked Thread: 3.5 Discounts (FREE TOOLBOX)

sjmiller

Explorer
Here is why I think I deserve the copies. I run a D&D game that have been going on for about 4 years now. We are having a great time playing D&D 3.x, and don't expect to quit any time soon. I've been wanting to get some new and exciting material for the game for quite some time, but life has been conspiring against me. First off, last February I lost my job. I've worked there for 9.5 years, so it came as a bit of a shock. I have not found a job since then, try as I might. That, as you can imagine, has put a bit of a damper on buying game material. Add to this some health problems (chronic pleurisy, cluster headaches), and I had just a banner year in 2008. Let's not even talk about the broken furnace we had to deal with in some bitter cold weather recently.

So, that is just a peek at what has happened to me in the last year, and why I think I deserve to get the books. Thanks for considering me.

DM_Jeff

Explorer

DM_Jeff

Explorer
Wow, there are some really compelling stories here. I'm going to have to dig around deeper and see if I can't uncover another copy!

-DM Jeff

jim pinto

First Post
sob stories aside…

If I had to pick a winner right now, I'd pick Mark Hope… he's slightly in the lead of Treebore's story… who wants a free book so he can spend more money on someone else's games… while Mark actually made a clever little entendre.

But. It's only Wednesday.

So. I recommend a race around the world to break this tie.

Or… someone else could chime in with a better story.

kensanata

Explorer
Well, here I am in Switzerland, and I run a lot of games, and I play in a lot of games. There's the West Marshes style game by Peter, there's the Echoes of Heavens game by Marco, there's the City of the Spider Queen by James, and Shackled City, also by James, and my own Alder King game set in the Wilderlands of High Fantasy, and my occasional one or two shots using Labyrinth Lord, and my Rise of the Runelords game. Surely I could use two copies and spread the goodness! I'll show the books to all the other GMs and pass the second copy on to the one who offers the best sob story himself. And I'll report back!

DM_Jeff

Explorer
Don't horn in on my action, pal. Find your own charity cases.

Horn in? It's my action, buddy! Who started this thread anyhow?

First off, last February I lost my job. I have not found a job since then, try as I might. That, as you can imagine, has put a bit of a damper on buying game material. Add to this some health problems (chronic pleurisy, cluster headaches), and I had just a banner year in 2008. Let's not even talk about the broken furnace we had to deal with in some bitter cold weather recently.

HA! Dawn found an extra copy of Toolbox. And for reasons I won't go into she can commiserate with Mr. Miller. So she says if Stephen J. Miller can write me his address info, she'll send him a signed copy.

ocasek50 at hotmail dot com

OK, jim, check over the other entries, there's still two more days to get in a good tale of woe!

-DM Jeff

jim pinto

First Post
Horn in? It's my action, buddy! Who started this thread anyhow?

Yeah. Great thread. Who wants something for free?

Duh.

This is enworld. Why not ask them who wants to see free boobies.

I got a better idea… who wants to see Jeff and jim design a free 1d20 chart, online… right now… huh?

C'mon. Give us a topic.

HA! Dawn found an extra copy of Toolbox. And for reasons I won't go into she can commiserate with Mr. Miller. So she says if Stephen J. Miller can write me his address info, she'll send him a signed copy.

ocasek50 at hotmail dot com

OK, jim, check over the other entries, there's still two more days to get in a good tale of woe!

-DM Jeff

I guarantee that Dawn found nothing but old 2nd edition books about bards and harpers, with mustard stains on them. Mr. Miller is already getting a treat from someone, and I'm sure it's better than a slightly-used, mostly-dented, over-priced outline for a bus depot novel.

Keep digging for treasure, pal, because I could trump you big time by offering a free World's Largest Dungeon… and no one wants to see that happen.

Voadam

Legend
I got a better idea… who wants to see Jeff and jim design a free 1d20 chart, online… right now… huh?

C'mon. Give us a topic.

All right. Pirate names. Go.:)

(for bonus points make a prefix chart including things like "Old" "One-Eye'd" "Salty" with the second one being proper names "Pete" "Jinny" etc.)

Keep digging for treasure, pal, because I could trump you big time by offering a free World's Largest Dungeon… and no one wants to see that happen.

Oh yeah? I dare you. I double dog dare you.

[It was a breach of etiquette to skip the double dare and go right for the jugular but there it was, a double dog dare].

DM_Jeff

Explorer
Table X-X: Pirate Names

1 Morgani Scrimshaw
2 Haitius Pete
3 One-Eyed Crom
4 Barnacle Bartholomew
5 Scragus Kerm

-DM Jeff

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads