• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Forked Thread: 3.5 Discounts (FREE TOOLBOX)

jim pinto

First Post
Email sent. Thanks again, Jeff.

Okay.

I think the only thing left to do to REALLY trump Jeff and his stupid "pixie" joke is to give away THREE copies of the TOOLBOX, a copy of FEATS, the RIVER OF BLOOD adventure, and a signed note telling your GM to give your next character +5 hit points.

The winner of these items MUST complete a 1d20 chart explaining why he (let's face it, there are not SHES on this thread) deserves five additional hit points.

Greg K

Legend
Reasons to give my next character +5 hit points
1. I always host the game and nobody ever brings snacks.
2. Remember, I am usually the DM.
3 I will draw you next character.
4. Your next won't be lemming and placed near a cliff.
5. Your big heterosexual male warrior won't dress like either a Japanese school girl or fairy princess.
6. Your next character will get all the chicks (or guys if that is what you want)!
7. Your character wont be cursed to have his or her alcoholic beverage turn into kool-aid.
8. You, the player, won't have to sing "I am a little tea pot" prior to having your next character speak.
9. A life ending accident won't befall your character right after character generation!
10. When you asked, I gave you DM advice to reign in your game.
11. I gave you some good rpg books for your birthday.
12. I'll give you one of the copies of Toolbox if I win it.
13 Your roomate won't tell your significant other your "little secret"
14. I won't steal your manga collection.
15. You wont be tied down and forced to watch Ishtar for 72hrs.
16. Your next character won't meet Cthulu...at first level!
17. You won't see pictures of Al Bundy's mother-in law naked!
18. Failure to give me +5 hit points, means you will be forced to look at our players Jim and Robbie naked! (Not together that would be too cruel).
19. Your future characters will not be the victim of tentacled Henai monsters
20. My job has severly cut hours during the past month. If I don't win copies of these books, at least my character gets +5 hit points

Treebore

First Post
1. Your bones are extremely dense, receive 5 extra HP's.
2. You are exceptionally large for your species, so you receive 5 bonus HP and are one size category larger than is typical for your race.
3. Your naturally good at dodging and rolling with blows, receive 5 extra HP.
4. You receive the feat, "Extremely Tough", gain 5 bonus HP's.
5. You unknowingly drank from a magical pool, permanently receive 5 bonus HP's.
6. A meteor landed near you when you were younger. The magical radiations gave you 5 bonus HP.
7. That potion you drank was actually bad, however its random effect gave you 5 bonus HP.
8. Your momma slapped you around a lot as a child, as a result your much more capable of dealing with pain, receive 5 bonus HP to reflect this.
9. You were caught out in a magical storm that was the direct magical manifestation of a godly argument. That lightning bolt nearly killed you, and would have, but at the time it struck you it gave you 5 permanent bonus HP.
10. You regularly ate your spinach as a child, receive 5 extra HP, permanently.
11. Your family bought some "mystery meat" cheap at the local market. You received 5 bonus HP after recovering from the illness it caused. Unfortunately you are the only member of your family that made their CON save versus poison. On the good side, you inherited everything.
12. Your father was a Ranger, and he regularly mixed Troll blood into your food. As a result you gain 5 bonus HP.
13. Your mother was a druid who killed a young dragon rampaging through her forest. She made a herbal concoction that was "good for you". After several attempts you successfully choked it down. Soon after you felt better than ever. 5 bonus HP received.
14. Your father was a wizard who performed many experiments upon you. You have hundreds of scars, many of them nasty looking, but you also have 5 bonus HP.
15. Your father is a priest of the God of Strength. After many years of rituals performed upon you the god has permanently blessed you with 5 bonus HP.
16. As a teenager you finally found the party the Pixies were rumored to throw on the full moon. Your "mystical" experience left you with 5 bonus HP.
17. A "Seller of Magical Elixirs" came through, successfully selling you a "Elixir of Manliness", it didn't work in the manner you were told it would, but it did give you 5 bonus HP.
18. You found an incredibly large egg in your hen house. After eating it you felt noticeably healthier than ever. It gave you 5 bonus HP.
19. You had "THE WICKED STEP MOTHER" and survived her many attempts to make you go away, permanently. You received 5 bonus HP as a result.
20. You sneaked up on a Unicorn in the forest. Then it noticed you it kicked you in the head. When you woke up you felt healthier than ever. You received 5 extra HP.

Last edited:

jim pinto

First Post
1d20 Reasons

While both good charts neither chart explains why you DESERVE +5 bonus hit points. Both charts are close, but neither is the winner at the moment.

This is a sizeable FREEBIE... you'd be rightly upset if I gave it up like it was prom night.

Greg K

Legend
2. I am usually the DM. This is probably the only PC that I wiill play in the next five years.
3. At your request, I gave you advice for controlling a demanding player.
4. I taught you that, as GM, your choice of options can shape the game.
5. I bought you your first non-WOTC D&D supplements for your birthday
6. My character is the only heroic one in the party
7. My character is the only sane one in the party
8. My character will be the one keeping the psycho party members from killing everyone of your NPCs.
9. My character will be the one keeping the psycho players from killing one another. 5hp might be the difference in me surviving or killing them.
10. 5hp might help my first level character get away from a fight with a colossal ancient gold dragon (or some other similar powerful LG character) when the psycho party members attack it, because it exists.
11. The rest of the party members will charge in recklessly and set off every alarm/trap leaving my character to pick up the pieces.
12. I'm playing a kobold paladin
13. You are running and I am still hosting the game at my place.
14. I let you bounce ideas off me and don't share it with the other players.
15. I let the hot chick fall for *your* character
16. I gave you a +2 bonus and a hero point back when you tried to negate another characters dumb action.
17. I gave your M&M character some extra power points to help round out the concept.
18. I don't join in on the kissy noises and hot monkey sounds toward you and your girlfriend.
19. I am a really cool guy- your sister said so.
20. My job has severly cut hours during the past month. If I don't win copies of these books for the group's use, at least my character gets +5 hit points

jim pinto

First Post
2. I am usually the DM. This is probably the only PC that I wiill play in the next five years.
3. At your request, I gave you advice for controlling a demanding player.
4. I taught you that, as GM, your choice of options can shape the game.
5. I bought you your first non-WOTC D&D supplements for your birthday
6. My character is the only heroic one in the party
7. My character is the only sane one in the party
8. My character will be the one keeping the psycho party members from killing everyone of your NPCs.
9. My character will be the one keeping the psycho players from killing one another. 5hp might be the difference in me surviving or killing them.
10. 5hp might help my first level character get away from a fight with a colossal ancient gold dragon (or some other similar powerful LG character) when the psycho party members attack it, because it exists.
11. The rest of the party members will charge in recklessly and set off every alarm/trap leaving my character to pick up the pieces.
12. I'm playing a kobold paladin
13. You are running and I am still hosting the game at my place.
14. I let you bounce ideas off me and don't share it with the other players.
15. I let the hot chick fall for *your* character
16. I gave you a +2 bonus and a hero point back when you tried to negate another characters dumb action.
17. I gave your M&M character some extra power points to help round out the concept.
18. I don't join in on the kissy noises and hot monkey sounds toward you and your girlfriend.
19. I am a really cool guy- your sister said so.
20. My job has severly cut hours during the past month. If I don't win copies of these books for the group's use, at least my character gets +5 hit points

Reason 11 is why the GROUP needs +5 HP. But this is a good list.

jim pinto

First Post
Okay, Jeff.

What is this? Care to explain?

ultimate_tool_ver6.jpg

Where do I get my copy?

Last edited:

DM_Jeff

Explorer
Okay, Jeff.

What is this? Care to explain? Where do I get my copy?

Well, jim, my friend, that's the cat...out of the bag. That's just the cover proof for the book we've been working on the past 5 years.

That's the cover for the new, 400 page book called ULTIMATE TOOLBOX.

You can get very, very soon from a game company called Alderac Entertainment Group.

And here's the index, just to prove we're not joshing.

-DM Jeff

Attachments

• UTIndex.pdf
    796.4 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

jim pinto

First Post
Well, jim, my friend, that's the cat...out of the bag. That's just the cover proof for the book we've been working on the past 5 years.

That's the cover for the new, 400 page book called ULTIMATE TOOLBOX.

You can get very, very soon from a game company called Alderac Entertainment Group.

And here's the index, just to prove we're not joshing.

-DM Jeff

But, jeff… wow… that's a really big INDEX… can that number be accurate? Five pages… just for the index?

Can this book really be THAT useful?

Greg K

Legend
But, jeff… wow… that's a really big INDEX… can that number be accurate? Five pages… just for the index?

JIm,
"Wow, that's a really big INDEX" was my exact response

Can this book really be THAT useful?

I don't know why, but the question made me think of the following

Shooter McGavin, "Yeah, and, Grizzly Adams had a beard."
Lee Trivino, "Grizzly Adams did have a beard!"

(So, I guess it will be that useful)

Remove ads