• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Forked Thread: Maximum lifting capacity for multiple lifters?

Nonlethal Force

First Post
I only went back to lifting because that was the specific example the previous guy used. But the points stands for any task. For any arbitrarily-difficult task, there must logically be a point where the limited knowledge that an apprentice has to offer is of no use in assisting a grand master.

I disagree wholeheartedly, especially in areas where being trained is necessary. I've sat in many high-school, college, and grad-school classes where the student comes up with thoughts and questions inspire the teacher/professor to think from a new perspective. Granted ... the times when the student completely blows the professor away by coming up with a purely original thought are rare. But a student asking a good question that inspires the reallywell trained professor to think along a different path isfairly common, IME. As a former teacher, I know it was true for me.

For non-knowledge based skills that a certain amount of training is required I still disagree that a relative noob can't contribute. Take Handle Animal. It's rare, but I've seen an unschooled veteranarian's tech actually come up with a diagnosis before the vet. I've seen animals respond better to the untrained vet tech better tan the actual vet. I think any skill can have the potential for a beginner (or weakly trained) individual to help the master.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads