• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Forsaker/Psionic?

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Psionic abilities, I'd say. Note that SR and bonuses against magic, or any effect against magic, like dispel magic, won't work against it any more.

Crothian

First Post
KaeYoss said:
Psionic abilities, I'd say. Note that SR and bonuses against magic, or any effect against magic, like dispel magic, won't work against it any more.

Spell like abilities just means the ability is performed in a certain way. All abilities are either extra ordinary, spell like, and supernatural (pg 71 DMG). I think psionics that are different are still spell like and in that section it does not say they become another type of ability..

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Since psionics will be totally different from magic, and the deuce can't interact with each other (except with special spells/powers), you could say that it's no spell-like ability anymore. Since the "psionics are different" rules are house rules anyway (although more or less "official" house rules), you can house rule that as well (the PsiHB doesn't state either way, and there are good arguments for both sides).

But if you use forsakers, and if you use psionics as something different from magic, you might update the forsaker class that it may not use psionics either (for balanding reasons).

Kale78

First Post
I think from a roleplaying standpoint a Forsaker/Psion is okay, because Forsakers focus on their own prowess and abilities and don't rely on magic, just as Psions use their own inner strength rather than the magic around them,

However, as a rules issue it is serious powergaming and almost completely removes the drawbacks on the Forsaker.

Crothian

First Post
Swear off all magic (using it having it cast on you, etc) and gain stat bonus every level, limited fast healing, DR is you sacrifice X gp worth og magic, con bonus to AC, and some other things like that.

Crothian

First Post
(Psi)SeveredHead said:
Forsaker. Power Critical. Deep Impact. Mind Feeder Weapon. Biofeedback. Inertial Barrier!

Broken!

Which is why they can't use psionics. In the class it specifies they can't use spell like abilites, which psionics clearly are.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads