• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fort Knocks - knight otu judging

Boddynock

First Post
Brother Eusebius, human monk 1

After rising early again, and performing his morning warmups, Eusebius joins the company in packing up and setting off for the day's travel. He enjoys the gentle exercise of the walk, happy for one of the Hoar Suns to ride 'his' horse for the time being. He chats with this party member and that, then as the day progresses, walks in silence, enjoying the sunshine and the views. When the party reaches the village, he sets off to explore it with enthusiasm.

Eusebius wanders through the village, examing the wares on sale, chatting pleasantly with the shopkeepers, and making himself generally useful in small ways - "You need that moved, madam? Here, allow me."

He purchases 6 days worth of rations and stores them in his pack. Looking ruefully at his now almost empty purse, he smiles and bids the shopkeeper good day, offering the blessing of light as he leaves and rejoins his companions.

At some point later in the day, when he can do so quietly, Eusebius approaches Artax and gives him three days' rations. "Here, my friend, take these. Good companions share all things in common - danger, and reward, and food and drink!"

OOC: Knight Otu, when you have time, could you please add Eusebius' character to the alphabetical list in the official character thread? Thanks.

Last edited:

dpdx

Explorer
Rurik gathers up, covers the campfire with dirt, and follows suit along with Eusebius, purchasing 10 days' rations each for himself and his horse, and three more jugs of the strongest dwarven ale. [Will add those forthwith.] Overhearing Nodis' remark, Rurik approaches him:

"If ye need a space fer 'auling yer food an' drink, me 'orse 'as room fer it."

[If Nodis agrees, Rurik will devote a saddlebag for his rations, making careful note of how much, and storing them with his own provisions.]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Nodis appears short after under a bundle of dried meat and fruits, bread and a waterskin on top of that. (7 days worth or rations, and a waterskin, cost 4,5 gp.)

azmodean

First Post
My thanks Brother Esubeius, I will repay you as son as I am able, and then some. Unless anyone else has more buisness here, let us head on.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Another day of hard travel bring the group to the Stonespike mountains. As evening falls, you are following a set of switchbacks tracking up a steep incline. Rurik is aware of a defensible campsite set up on the far side of the ridge, but it would take possibly two more hours to get to, forcing you to travel into the night. You could set up a rough camp on one of the switchback landings, but there is a distict feeling of exposure.

azmodean

First Post
Perhaps we should set up camp here, as most of us will find it difficult to see as it becomes dark. Though this is one situation I am prepared for.

As it becomes dark, Artax will take out his everburning torch and illuminate as much of the group as possible so as to avoid the need to use many torches.

Boddynock

First Post
"Pace, Artax. Since Rurik knows the area, and tells us that there is a defensible campsite up ahead, I think it would be better to travel on, and take the risk of attack at night when fully armed, than to camp in an exposed area like this one, and risk attack when we are asleep."

"Do we have enough torches? I have some that I can hand out, although I would prefer to have both hands free myself."

"What do others think?"

dpdx

Explorer
"Not 'ere," Rurik remarks as they travel. "Thar's a better place up yonder, an a movin' target's 'arder ta hit fer now, any'ow. I c'n see a'ead fer us that long, aren't but two 'ours ta git thar. Less go."

Rurik will move his horse to the front of the pack, axes within easy reach, and proceed.

Remove ads