Foundation Series (Apple+)

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
Watched the first two episodes of Foundation last night on Apple+. Big budget, great actors and beautiful set design. Sci-fi for adults. The first half of episode one is slow because info-dump sci-fi concepts necessary to understand what Foundation is about. Things start moving after that. Liked what they did so far. Can't wait for next week. 8 episodes season 1.

The triple persona emperor concept really scares me. (and I'm not easily scared).

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Can’t wait to watch this! Need to set a couple of hours aside ASAP!

(also folks as an aside — let’s let people talk about Foundation here, rather than the inevitable “I’m not signing up to Apple!” posts. If you want to talk about that, please start a new thread. Thanks.)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
The reviews I have seen are... not good. Which is unsurprising, given the subject material. The books were not written for the screen - the entire first book is five novellas that don't share any characters, and cover 150 years of time. To quote one reviewer - the problem is that the original work is more about The Foundation than it is about any of the characters.

So, I hope it is better than it sounds.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
From the handful of reviews I've seen, they seem to fall into two categories. The first is "It's awful, because it's not like the books!" The second is "It's good, because it's not like the books!"
So that's left me with the impression that it's could be a good show when considered to be it's own Foundation-esque series, heavily inspired by the books? That would be fine with me, given how unsuitable the originals really are for the screen. I'm definitely interested in hearing more people's impressions.

But in any event, I hope it's successful, and that I have a chance to watch it sometime!

tomBitonti

Adventurer
l found the first two episodes to be good. High production values. Good performances. The beginnings of a very large tale. I suspect a shift in the third episode … so the values might not be maintained. And we will have to see if the larger story fulfills the initial promise.
TomB

Dioltach

Legend
Caught the first episode yesterday, and I enjoyed it. Some slow pacing, lots of dialogue, but well written, well acted and well produced.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases