• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Free PC Portaits!!!! WAHOO!! (New pic! 7/1)

Sidran

First Post
Hey he Is awesome I definatly like the plain clothes look... Not an artist at all so I can't tell the difference of how the post is. He has his derby, his chain and his Walking Stick how cool is that

Thank you a whole lot Kip.
I love the way you pictured him

Kip the Bold said:

Hey, if anyone wants to pay me, I'll gladly take your money! :)

Seriously, if anyone absolutely, positively needs a character portrait and is willing to dish out a couple of bucks, I'd definately be willing to draw one up and color it and put it at the top of my list of things to draw...

There is no guarantee :) that I'll be able to get around to drawing the characters posted in this thread, but I'll do what I can...
Kip:

I'd gladly pay a few $ for the following character portrait. My email is in my profile, if you want to discuss price/etc. Here's a brief description, to help you decide whether or not to take this "commission."

Name: Barendd Nobeard
Race: Dwarf--but he is beardless. A genetic freak, as it were.
Height: 4'3"
Hair: Black
Eyes: Dark Green
Armor: Full plate with spikes (it's magical, but only +1)
Weapon: Silvered scythe (also magical; again, only +1)
Description: An ugly dwarf with no social graces. His weapon of choice, a scythe with a silvered blade named "Reaper's Foe," is taller than he is. If one looks closely, the scythe has its name ("Reaper's Foe") carved on the butt of the wooden handle. He hates undead and trolls, as those two types of creatures have caused him the most injuries during his adventuring career. As a worshipper of Obad-Hai, the god of Nature, Barendd finds the unnatural abominations that are the undead most repulsive.

Thanks for considering this one!

Conaill

First Post
Truely stunning pictures, Kip! I'm amazed you just whip these out like that.

Ooh, definitely do Barendd Nobeard's portrait first! Can you imagine how hard it is to find a good picture of a beardless dwarf? :D (I do know he's already got a *great* miniature for it though ;))

After that, here's my request:

Conaill U'Ciaran, Male human Fighter

"As he joins the party in the dungeons underneath Hirkon, he is barely 18---going on 40---although if asked he will probably pass himself off as 22 or so. His thick reddish beard and the scar across his left eye hide what would otherwise be a youthful and somewhat handsome face. He has his race's reddish-brown hair and gray-green eyes, and a skin that flushes too easily in anger or embarrassment---another good reason to hide behind that beard. In the heat of battle, hit face will turn blood red and the scar swells to an angry purple. Combined with his 6 foot stature, the greatsword in his hands and his propensity for charging into battle shouting at the top of his lungs, he forms a very intimidating opponent."

He's originally from a proto-celtic culture. Currently wearing parts of an orcish blackguard's suit of black plate armor, combined with a breastplate and helmet he crafted himself, with a lot of help from dwarven armorsmiths. Both probably feature some very minimalistic celtic designs. The breastplate is fashioned out of "Cold Steel", a slightly reddish metal with minor anti-magic properties. The helmet is designed to frighten opponents in battle, and is banded with Cold Steel and tipped with two small Cold Steel horns. His MW greatsword is also of dwarvish design and made out of the same Cold Steel.

He has recently acquired a warhorse and lance, as well as a magical large shield (spell resistance) and longsword (Holy), both of dwarvish manufacture.

I'll leave it up to you whether you want to do a greatsword, horse & lance or sword and shield version. The greatsword has been his favorite until now. But he'll probably switch mainly to the fancy new sword & shield in the future.

Conaill said:
Ooh, definitely do Barendd Nobeard's portrait first! Can you imagine how hard it is to find a good picture of a beardless dwarf? :D (I do know he's already got a *great* miniature for it though ;))

Yes, it's hard to find such a picture. Hopefully, Kip can remedy that! :D

As for the mini, I talked to Sandra Garrity again this year. She remembered me! Now, I've just gotta post some pictures of the figure (now that it's painted) so she (and everyone else) can see how it all urned out.

For my avatar pic (when they're turned on here at EN World), I took an image from the PHB, and "cut and pasted" a little square several times to 'un-do' the beard. I think I might have "cut" the chin off another drawing and pasted it on first. LOL. It was pretty sorry-looking, but reduced to avatar size, it wasn't too bad.

Kip, I'm stashing my dollars away in an "I hope Kip the Bold can draw this freak character of mine" account..... ;)

Last edited:

Kip the Bold

First Post
Sidran said:
Hey he Is awesome I definatly like the plain clothes look... Not an artist at all so I can't tell the difference of how the post is. He has his derby, his chain and his Walking Stick how cool is that

Thank you a whole lot Kip.
I love the way you pictured him

You're welcome, and I'm glad you like the pic. I don't dislike the way that it came out too much, but I really got the impression that he has a big spring in his step and I tried to bring that out in the pose but I don't think I was 100% succsessful.

Kip the Bold

First Post
ThorneMD said:
The pic of Thamio is just amazing.
Now if you'd only do the others too. :D
Color too maybe.:)

Well, I'm glad you like the pic. If I get a chance, I may do a couple of the others. Ah, color. I would love to color every pic I do, but while it takes me maybe 20 minutes to do a halfway decent B&W pic, it takes me 2-6 hours to color one.

Kip the Bold

First Post
madriel said:
That is amazing, Kip. Thank you so much! The expression on her face captures Shauna's character perfectly.:cool:
Yer Welcome! :) I like that pic, too. Definately going to have to be an NPC somewhere in my campaign.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads