• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Freedom League Unlimited

DM_Matt

First Post
Snip Quote:
[sblock]
You step through the teleportal and instantly thousands of miles to the second floor of Freedom Hall.

freedomhall.jpg

The sensation leaves you all feeling a bit off, akin to motion sickness one gets from reading in a car. You are told it takes some getting used to. Thankfully the feeling quickly passes.

Using your verious modes of transportstion, either personal or provided by a handy sky-bike you all arrive at the Hunter Museum of Natural History just north of Liberty Park.
The museum itself is an impressive piece of architecture. A huge three story building of marble and steel. The building looks like it belonged on a hilltop in ancient Greece where oracles divined the future from Apollo or where priests paid homage to Zeus. Before the lofty marble columns stand dozens of police cars. A crowd has formed behind Police Lines and shouts and cheers herald your arrival. "Look the Freedom League."
A tall heavily muscled man seems to be in charge. He is square jawed and sports a military style haircut. On his uniform he is sporting a patch not only showing his rank but affiliation.
Kratz.jpg

star.jpg

Upon spotting your arrival “Bulldog” Maddicks commander of the Freedom STAR Squad yells; "Aww crap! I told Kane my boys and me can handle this!We don't need a buncha amatuers mucking things up! You Leaguers can get the hell outta here before ya get someone shot!"
[/sblock]

"Seems these bureaucrats aren't great at coodination...oops, I just repeated myself. We were told you were expecting us. It seems that Kane wants us to work together, so it looks like thats what we have to do.

Look, Bulldog, I get it -- as you know I served some time in the SEALS -- which is how I know Max and how I got this job. I know as well as anyone that superteams tend to be tactical nightmares and you don't want us stealing your thunder. But here we are doing our duty and following orders, so we'll have to make the best of it."

Max approaches Bulldog and speaks quietly --

"I'll try to keep the other capes form doing anything stupid, but if you want these folks to listen to what either of us say, the best strategy is to explain to them what is best to do, not preemptively telling them what not to do...and I'll see what I can do about the credit taking."

Max backs away again --

"Your work is vital to the community and I really respect what you do...but we all have our orders, and we are going to have to work together to ensure a just outcome. So please, tell us what exactly is going on."

Last edited:

Elric

First Post
David's chi-enhanced hearing (OOC: the setting of David's array) picks out Max's words to Bulldog. Well, he's certainly got a point about making sure Supreme Girl doesn't do anything stupid... invulnerability and being able to punch through steel with ease isn't so useful in a hostage situation

He echoes Max's words. "Agreed. If there are metahumans here, it will be best if we work together. That some of us are nearly invulnerable is of little use to the hostages."

Last edited:

Bialaska

First Post
The Supreme Girl is seemingly unaffected by the words of Maddocks regarding the talents of herself and her fellow leaguers. She puts on a smile and hovers a few feet over the ground.

"Have no fear, the Supreme Girl is here!" she exclaims, before she notices that the Arsenal is talking to the police officer.

She shrugs it off, letting the Arsenal handle the diplomacy, and then turns her attention to the museum, her eyes narrowing slightly as her gazes penetrates the walls, looking further into the building to find out where everybody are.

OOC:
Notice with X-Ray vision (1d20-1=2)

DM_Matt

First Post
The Supreme Girl is seemingly unaffected by the words of Maddocks regarding the talents of herself and her fellow leaguers. She puts on a smile and hovers a few feet over the ground.

"Have no fear, the Supreme Girl is here!" she exclaims, before she notices that the Arsenal is talking to the police officer.

She shrugs it off, letting the Arsenal handle the diplomacy, and then turns her attention to the museum, her eyes narrowing slightly as her gazes penetrates the walls, looking further into the building to find out where everybody are.

OOC:

(Assuming this is appropriate in light of Bulldog's responses)

"Aaaaaand, I'd better go deal with that. Do you have a map of this facility?" (If I don't get one, I'll rapidly take 20 on getting it off any available source (public record building permits database?) via the net (I hit DC37), and print it out of a compartment in my suit (iirc the core book says that computers include such peripherals in their cost.).

"Supreme Girl, can you, or are you already doing this, scan the building to see where the good guys and bad guys are?. Then we can put them on the map and plan what to do."

Jemal

Adventurer
Psyker's eyes narrowed a little. He understood the annoyance of having to deal with non-military personnel being thrust into your combat zone. He knew (from seeing, not experiencing) how people reacted to having their 'authority' taken away by someone coming in and pulling rank. However, being referred to as an amateur.. now THAT was new.

"Code-name Psyker, formerly of the Psy-Soldiers." He introduces himself with a salute once Max is finished. "I've dealt with Hostage situations before. What's the situation? We were told to expect information upon arrival. Estimates on number of hostiles, meta-human or normal, their capabilities & armament, and total number of hostages - If such information is available - would be appreciated so we can ALL do our jobs."

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Pink Lightning

Pink Lightning comes forward to add her part. "I can reconnoiter the building quickly if that will help."

hero4hire

Explorer
Snip Quote:
[sblock]

[/sblock]

"Seems these bureaucrats aren't great at coodination...oops, I just repeated myself. We were told you were expecting us. It seems that Kane wants us to work together, so it looks like thats what we have to do.

Look, Bulldog, I get it -- as you know I served some time in the SEALS -- which is how I know Max and how I got this job. I know as well as anyone that superteams tend to be tactical nightmares and you don't want us stealing your thunder. But here we are doing our duty and following orders, so we'll have to make the best of it."

Max approaches Bulldog and speaks quietly --

"I'll try to keep the other capes form doing anything stupid, but if you want these folks to listen to what either of us say, the best strategy is to explain to them what is best to do, not preemptively telling them what not to do...and I'll see what I can do about the credit taking."

Max backs away again --

"Your work is vital to the community and I really respect what you do...but we all have our orders, and we are going to have to work together to ensure a just outcome. So please, tell us what exactly is going on."

"Alright don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining Metal-Man. I don't do what I do fer the glory or the wimmen."

David's chi-enhanced hearing (OOC: the setting of David's array) picks out Max's words to Bulldog. Well, he's certainly got a point about making sure Supreme Girl doesn't do anything stupid... invulnerability and being able to punch through steel with ease isn't so useful in a hostage situation

He echoes Max's words. "Agreed. If there are metahumans here, it will be best if we work together. That some of us are nearly invulnerable is of little use to the hostages."

"More likely when of 'em is gonna get scragged by a ricochet."

OOC:

Bulldog simply rolls his eyes and gives Arsenal and Dragonfist a I told you so look.

Supreme Girl scans the area with her X-Ray vision. The place is fairly large and much of the steel construction is interfering with her sight.

[sblock=OOC]OOC: Bad roll sorry[/sblock]

(Assuming this is appropriate in light of Bulldog's responses)

"Aaaaaand, I'd better go deal with that. Do you have a map of this facility?" (If I don't get one, I'll rapidly take 20 on getting it off any available source (public record building permits database?) via the net (I hit DC37), and print it out of a compartment in my suit (iirc the core book says that computers include such peripherals in their cost.).

"Supreme Girl, can you, or are you already doing this, scan the building to see where the good guys and bad guys are?. Then we can put them on the map and plan what to do."

Arsenal prints fax sized hardcopies of the blueprints. There are a couple of floors and one grand hall that is several stories tall, flanked by 'wings' that are accessible by each floor and overlook the central hall.

Psyker's eyes narrowed a little. He understood the annoyance of having to deal with non-military personnel being thrust into your combat zone. He knew (from seeing, not experiencing) how people reacted to having their 'authority' taken away by someone coming in and pulling rank. However, being referred to as an amateur.. now THAT was new.

"Code-name Psyker, formerly of the Psy-Soldiers." He introduces himself with a salute once Max is finished. "I've dealt with Hostage situations before. What's the situation? We were told to expect information upon arrival. Estimates on number of hostiles, meta-human or normal, their capabilities & armament, and total number of hostages - If such information is available - would be appreciated so we can ALL do our jobs."

Maddicks sighs. For all his bluff and bluster it was a forgone conclusion. He had his orders....

"Okay here is the sitrep. The hostages are being held in the Grand Hall. We got at least a dozen gunmen spread out on the floors overlooking the Hall and another half dozen in the Hall itself. Each armed with automatic rifles and class 4 hard armor. The hostages read like a Who's Who at the UN. Diplomats, Foreign Dignataries and Heads of State. Evidently some kinda swank affair as tonight is the opening night the museum was showing 'The Heart of Dakana'. A Black Diamond bigger then my fist. Security cameras and alarms have been cut off from a remote source. We can't access them or figure out how they got turned off. At first we thought this might be a robbery gone wrong but it don't figger. The perps haven't made a move yet. But then again they might be havin' trouble getting past the plasteel case the diamond is in. As far as we can tell there are at least two Metahumans involved. Though we haven't had visual contact to confirm the identities but we have seen evidence of a Pyrokinetic and someone with Superhuman strength. Several of the Guards suffered 3rd degree burns and another was launched through some metal security doors in another part of the building."

Pink Lightning comes forward to add her part. "I can reconnoiter the building quickly if that will help."

"Too dangerous. We have uncovered a couple of tripwires connected to explosive charges. While we got some of 'em. Who knows how many more booby traps are in there? Going in at Mach 3 is just gonna get someone blown up or blown away."

Elric

First Post
"Heads of State? What kind of security was in place? Did anyone make it out to report on what happened? Has there been any communication from the perps at all?

Did you get those guards you mentioned out? Are any of them in shape to remember and tell us anything?"

hero4hire

Explorer
"Heads of State? What kind of security was in place? Did anyone make it out to report on what happened? Has there been any communication from the perps at all?

Did you get those guards you mentioned out? Are any of them in shape to remember and tell us anything?"

"From what I am told the Dakana royal family insisted they provide their own security besides the Museum Guards. The guards with the burns are currently in ICU. The other one...didn't make it." Bulldog punches his own hand in frustration. "...and nothing from them Dammit! Thats why this whole thing stinks...No demands...High Tech Weaponry...Metahumans. They want sumthin' and they aint tellin'!"

Remove ads