Freedom League Unlimited

hero4hire

Explorer
Pink Lightning after dispensing her grenades starts running circles around the hostages.
Her tight knit circles produce a backwash of air that quickly forms into a vortex.
The speedster then heads for the elevator shaft with a mini-tornado full of people in tow.
At the roof she deposits the group of dignitaries. The landing was nothing to right home about but besides from some minor bumps and ruining some $500 hair-does the people are otherwise unharmed. (PL will be Fatigued at the beginning of her next action).

Supreme Girl flies up to the hooded Knight and lands a titanic punch on the racist.
But the villain just laughs. “Ha! They should no better then to send a Girl to do a man’s job!” (He critted his toughness) Supreme Girl however finds her knuckles scorched by Knight’s flaming shield. Having never been burnt as long as she can remember the sensation is not pleasant. (Supreme Girl takes a bruise).

White Knight then sees trouble come his way in the form of 300 pounds of power armor. “Not this time Wimp!” He yells and lays on a directed burst of white flame that blinds Arsenal making the hero rely on audio prompts from his RADAR. Arsenal responds with a non-lethal Stunner but due to the momentary blindness the attack just misses. (Arsenal missed by one, no *real* penalty from being blind due to radar just a descriptor)

Dragon Fist gives a spectacular display of cartwheels, flips and spin moves, drawing the Billy club as he goes. He lands in a perfect split that looked painful to most of the male onlookers. (Feint seems like a success)

Psyche becomes visible as he mentally seizes the laptop and sends it flying into the field.
Amazingly it simply flies right through! The Field now appears to be flickering on and off randomly.

The Shooters up on the upper floors unleash gunfire at Psyche but miss the Psychic as if he knew where the bullets were going to be, while the ones on the first floor get up and surround Dragon Fist, for some reason eschewing their gunfire for hand-to-hand combat. Something about their movements bothers Dragon Fist but he cannot put his finger on it.

Crouching from the gunfire the techies try not to get shot or make themselves targets, but then suddenly one stiffens and has a glazed look in his eyes. He walks towards the saber and the instant he touches it he transforms in a blaze of fire into the spitting image of Johnny Reb!

“The South has Risen AGAIN! Mah, mah mah! THAT was a might bit unsporting of yew gents.” He says in a Southern drawl. “Ah’m afraid y’all can’t get rid of me that easily!”

Outside Stone hikes up the steps and almost reaches the Gunner before he fires…Almost.
He does the best he can to swat away the barrage of bullets but even the Hammer of Justice has it’s limits and the former FBI Agent is hit multiple times. (Stunned + Bruised + Injured).

Round One Summary
Pink Lightning Fatigued
Supreme Girl Bruised
Arsenal Blinded
Mark Stone Stunned + Bruised + Injured

Elric

First Post
Dragonfist, 2 HP

"Careful, Supreme Girl. Use other attacks besides your fists against him"

That looks like it hurt her. But nothing hurts her ...

Something's not right about these guys. Stay calm, you should be able to beat these guys no problem

He sees Johnny Reb reappear. "Gods of Shambala Vale!"

Seeing that White Knight still has his flame aura up, Dragon Fist launches himself from his painful-looking position into a sweeping flying kick, aimed at taking out all of his immediate opponents.

[sblock=OOC]If White Knight doesn't have his Aura up, switch the Array to the Dragon's Fist, stand up as free action, Charge White Knight (Acrobatics take 10 to get through the guys near Dragonfist), use Power Attack for 5 (+10 attack due to Master Plan and charge, +15 damage, 18-20 crit), and then drop prone as a free action).

Assuming White Knight does have his Aura up, stand up as free action w/ Acrobatics/Skill Mastery. Attack, Defensive Attack for 5 and Power Attack for 5 the guys around me, taking 10 on attack rolls. Defense 29, Attack total 18 (from Master Plan), 10 damage on a hit. After either dropping all of these guys or failing to drop one, move over to White Knight, using Acrobatics/Skill Mastery to move through these guys if necessary.

(Same standing orders as before)
Standing order on HP use/related info: If I get hit for 12+ damage (or an attack including an Aura for 15+ damage between two attacks), use Ultimate Defense to force a reroll. If I get staggered or worse from an attack, use Improved Roll.

If I get attacked by 8+ minions who clearly have attack bonuses good enough to hit me on a 17 (or a lower roll than that), use HP for Dodge to double my dodge bonus to Defense) or Recovery to buy off a stun. If I'm stunned and a supervillain goes to attack me, buy off the stun in response before resolving the attack (but after the villain decides whether to Power Attack :)).

If I suffer Knockback (or someone tries to trip me), use Acrobatics to reduce it (/avoid the trip), taking 10 for a 29 total. [/sblock]

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
White Knight then sees trouble come his way in the form of 300 pounds of power armor. “Not this time Wimp!” He yells and lays on a directed burst of white flame that blinds Arsenal making the hero rely on audio prompts from his RADAR. Arsenal responds with a non-lethal Stunner but due to the momentary blindness the attack just misses. (Arsenal missed by one, no *real* penalty from being blind due to radar just a descriptor)

“The South has Risen AGAIN! Mah, mah mah! THAT was a might bit unsporting of yew gents.” He says in a Southern drawl. “Ah’m afraid y’all can’t get rid of me that easily!”
[/COLOR]

To White Knight "Well THAT was mildly inconvenient!"

To JR "Hey, I JUST used that line. No one steals my lines!"

Max lines up a shot with his lightning line to hit both JR and WK, then ends up behind cover. PA for 2, still gets +1 attk as well from MP.

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Pink Lightning

On the roof, Pink Lightning reaches within herself to quickly recover from her fatigue, then she heads down the side of the building and over to Bulldog. "Hostages have all been relocated. They are on the roof awaiting extraction." Then she speeds to Stone's last known position to assess the situation.

OOC: Spent a hero point to recover from fatigue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elric

First Post
"Pink, I've been hearing a ton of gunshots from the direction of the entrance. Stone might need some help down there taking out the gunner."

Bialaska

First Post
"WHAT?!?" the Supreme Airhead exclaims as she suddenly finds herself in pain, something she hasn't felt for a long long time, back before her powers awakened.

She stares at her hand and then at the unharmed White Knight, looking shocked, before shaking her head. She didn't just punch with enough force to tear through a steel wall, yet her opponent is untouched?

"Uhm... Guys, I think we're in over her head," she mutters, before she throws a quick punch, hopefully enough to distract the invulnerable racist, so that she and the team may escape.

Supreme Girl's attack on the White Knight! PUNCH! (1d20 5=11)
Toughness save vs. aura damage (1d20 15=35)

Last edited:

Elric

First Post
"We're not in over our head, Supreme Girl. But this is going to be a fight, not a cakewalk. As I said before, try to avoid punching him so you don't get burned again"

OK, she burned her knuckles. But if that were me, I might not have a hand left to throw the next punch, and you don't see me saying we're overmatched.

(OOC: You didn't factor the +3 from Master Plan into your attack roll and you don't need to roll a Toughness save vs. Aura if you miss, which that attack almost certainly did. Also, it would probably help h4h if we kept track of our HP in our post titles when declaring actions)

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
John Stone grits his teeth against the impact of the bullets. The Hammer of Justice flashes forward as he lunges toward the gun.

[sblock=OOC]Spend a HP to immediately recover from being stunned. Power Attack for +4 damage with Improved Sunder. Attack Bonus +12, Damage Bonus +12.[/sblock]

Remove ads