Freedom League Unlimited

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
"Stone, Reb referred to someone on the radio as 'Hawkeye.' Watch out. I think they're going to kill the hostages. We have to go in."

"Roger that. I'm holding my position until the hostages are clear, or I hear otherwise. If I'm clear for a frontal, let me know."

[sblock=OOC]The connectivity, or lack thereof, is killing me. I can't get previous pages in this thread to load to check Stone's "memory" nor can I get the RG to load so I check Stone's character sheet. Hence, I'm playing it safe for the moment.
[/sblock]

DM_Matt

First Post
"Roger that. I'm holding my position until the hostages are clear, or I hear otherwise. If I'm clear for a frontal, let me know."

[sblock=OOC]The connectivity, or lack thereof, is killing me. I can't get previous pages in this thread to load to check Stone's "memory" nor can I get the RG to load so I check Stone's character sheet. Hence, I'm playing it safe for the moment.
[/sblock]

"They are already trying to kill the hostages, so you'llmight as well come in, as long as they are careful about traps, which will be an issue no matter when they come in."

Elric

First Post
Dragonfist, 2 HP

Dragonfist sneaks over to an elevator near where his senses pick out Johnny Reb and leaps out at him, trying to wrestle away his sword (unless I discover that he and/or the sword is surrounded by a flaming aura ala White Knight).

[sblock=OOC]Initiative (1d20+11=18)

On the surprise round, I'll switch my array to Attack Focus (Melee) and charge, and Defensive Attack for 2 and Power Attack for 5 (+2 to hit from charge, -2 from DA, -5 from PA, and +15 base= +10 to hit). 'Damage' of 10 (5 + 5 PA if it hits) for an opposed roll to grab the sword. If Master Plan has been activated, which I don't think it will be, Defensive Attack for 3 instead. Defense still 25 since I used DA. (1d20+10=19)

He's probably missing his dodge bonus and at a further -2 against that due to surprise, though if he noticed what's going on and isn't surprised but hasn't acted yet then he's still flat-footed unless he has Uncanny Dodge. If that 19 total hits, Disarm roll (opposed vs. Str) (1d20+10=14)

Standing order on HP use/related info: If I get hit for 12+ damage (or an attack including an Aura for 15+ damage between two attacks), use Ultimate Defense to force a reroll. If I get staggered or worse from an attack, use Improved Roll.

If I get attacked by 8+ minions who clearly have attack bonuses good enough to hit me on a 17 (or a lower roll than that), use HP for Dodge to double my dodge bonus to Defense) or Recovery to buy off a stun. If I'm stunned and a supervillain goes to attack me, buy off the stun in response before resolving the attack (but after the villain decides whether to Power Attack :)).

If I suffer Knockback (or someone tries to trip me), use Acrobatics to reduce it (/avoid the trip), taking 10 for a 29 total.[/sblock]

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
"3...2...1...NOW!"

Max quickly and quietly glides out of a shaft, propelled by his glowing white gravity drives, gracefully spins in the air, and connects with a perfect spin-punch to Johnny Reb's face.

[sblock=OOC]
Attack 8 2 Charge - 4 PA, Dmg Save = 15 12 5 =32 (1d20 6=26) +5 Crit -1 Correction, so thats actually DC36 Toughness.

Initiative (1d20 5=14)

Acrobatics Roll If Knocked Back (Jaot Dex= 1) (1d20 1=15) (or otherwise necessary)

Improved Roll on Staggered or worse as per standing order, but I might want to use it under other circumstances.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Pink Lightning with her metahuman reflexes was first to act. By oscillating her body she slipped through the elevator door's molecules and was into the Grand Hall before the baddies could react. She buzzed around the marble floor, depositing smoke grenades at various locations near the first floor gunmen and was out of range by the time the multi-colored smoke plumed upwards obscuring vision.

Supreme Girl flexed ripping the doors open as if she was ripping a sheet of aluminum foil of a roll. Stepping forward she immediately exhales a gale-force cone of air towards the hostages. Not only does the Powerful Wind extinguish the deadly flames surrounding the hostages but it blows away the smoke caused by the grenades. The 'technicians' working on the force field remained protected from the breath by the intervening field but many gunmen were not so lucky and were knocked prone. [sblock=Supreme Girl] 1 HP for a complication. BTW Super Breath's DC is capped by your PL, the area and such are not however[/sblock]
While Dragon-Fist was a bit quicker on the draw, Arsenal was definitely faster. They reached Johnny Reb microseconds apart. Dragon-Fist sent Johnny's antique saber into a nearby pillar. The weapon stuck there and vibrated not unlike when an arrow meets a bull's eye. Arsenal's metal gauntlet me Reb's hooded head. His armor's servos were aided by the velocity of his flight and the centrifugal force of his spin punch. There was a sickening thud and Johnny Reb was sent flying as if he was shot from an Aircraft Carrier. His limp form may have broken through thick marble walls if not for the large field of force blocking his flight path. The field surged with energy and for a moment Johnny's skeleton was silhouetted in a bright light. The charred form that fell to the floor was no more.[sblock=Arsenal]Johnny fails his toughness by 25! HP for a complication. That was 100,000 feet knockback BTW[/sblock]
A master of stealth Psyker slinks into the room unseen, setting himself up in an advantageous position to use his powers on unsuspecting gunmen.

Outside Stone's neck hairs bristle. The front double doors to the museum burst open and inside what looks like a vintage Civil War Gatling Gun emerges from the doorway.

A rain of steel jacketed death falls and Stone is able to avoid getting riddled by bullets. The many cops on the scene are not as lucky as some go down in the mass of gunfire. Cars explode and pandemonium ensues.

[sblock=End of Round] to reiterate SG & Arsenal get HPs, also SG is fatigued due to extra effort. Pink Lightning goes then White Knight then everyone else. Gunmen go last.[/sblock]

DM_Matt

First Post
Pink Lightning with her metahuman reflexes was first to act. By oscillating her body she slipped through the elevator door's molecules and was into the Grand Hall before the baddies could react. She buzzed around the marble floor, depositing smoke grenades at various locations near the first floor gunmen and was out of range by the time the multi-colored smoke plumed upwards obscuring vision.

Supreme Girl flexed ripping the doors open as if she was ripping a sheet of aluminum foil of a roll. Stepping forward she immediately exhales a gale-force cone of air towards the hostages. Not only does the Powerful Wind extinguish the deadly flames surrounding the hostages but it blows away the smoke caused by the grenades. The 'technicians' working on the force field remained protected from the breath by the intervening field but many gunmen were not so lucky and were knocked prone. [sblock=Supreme Girl] 1 HP for a complication. BTW Super Breath's DC is capped by your PL, the area and such are not however[/sblock]
While Dragon-Fist was a bit quicker on the draw, Arsenal was definitely faster. They reached Johnny Reb microseconds apart. Dragon-Fist sent Johnny's antique saber into a nearby pillar. The weapon stuck there and vibrated not unlike when an arrow meets a bull's eye. Arsenal's metal gauntlet me Reb's hooded head. His armor's servos were aided by the velocity of his flight and the centrifugal force of his spin punch. There was a sickening thud and Johnny Reb was sent flying as if he was shot from an Aircraft Carrier. His limp form may have broken through thick marble walls if not for the large field of force blocking his flight path. The field surged with energy and for a moment Johnny's skeleton was silhouetted in a bright light. The charred form that fell to the floor was no more.[sblock=Arsenal]Johnny fails his toughness by 25! HP for a complication. That was 100,000 feet knockback BTW[/sblock]
A master of stealth Psyker slinks into the room unseen, setting himself up in an advantageous position to use his powers on unsuspecting gunmen.

Outside Stone's neck hairs bristle. The front double doors to the museum burst open and inside what looks like a vintage Civil War Gatling Gun emerges from the doorway.

A rain of steel jacketed death falls and Stone is able to avoid getting riddled by bullets. The many cops on the scene are not as lucky as some go down in the mass of gunfire. Cars explode and pandemonium ensues.

[sblock=End of Round] to reiterate SG & Arsenal get HPs, also SG is fatigued due to extra effort. Pink Lightning goes then White Knight then everyone else. Gunmen go last.[/sblock]

When SG goes, max thinks to himself (and basically tries to be psychically loud about it, since he wants Psyker to hear) "The best laid plans rarely survive first contact with a idiot."

After hitting JR:
"That one won't rise again!" (takes a better look) "Uh-oh...looks like that one wont rise again ever."

Radios those outside "SG just killed our smoke screen...and I think I just killed Johnny Reb. He fell into the forcefield protecting the diamond and it fried him."

"Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, but I wish we still hd him for interrogation and trial." Max thinks to himself."

Last edited:

Elric

First Post
David sees Arsenal's perfectly landed punch from up close. Wow. Don't get him mad. If he can land punches like that, why do they even need me on the team, again? You've really got to train harder if you want to pull your weight.

Then he sees the result, "Holy Shambala Temple!" Johnny Reb was incredibly loathsome, but we didn't set out to kill him. Maybe they need someone who lands weaker punches after all.

To Max "I'll wait for your lead on White Knight"

(OOC: I'll delay until after Arsenal goes. Invisible Castle is down.

Assuming that White Knight's Aura is still up (noting that if Max's Stun power even Dazes him, he'll need a Concentration check to keep it up), Dragonfist uses Acrobatic Bluff at +22 as a Standard Action to Feint White Knight, then uses a move action to draw the police baton he borrowed, then uses a free action to drop prone, giving him +4 Defense against ranged attacks. If White Knight doesn't have his Aura up, instead switch the Array to the Dragon's Fist, Charge White Knight, use Power Attack for 5 (+10 attack due to Master Plan and charge, +15 damage, 18-20 crit), and then drop prone as a free action- note that Dragonfist has the Prone Fighting feat).

(Assuming PL gets the hostages out of the immediate vicinity)
"Supreme Girl, they're firing some kind of heavy machine gun that way. Fly over and smash the gun, unless there's only one person there to operate it, in which case smash that guy instead!"

Last edited:

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!

A rain of steel jacketed death falls and Stone is able to avoid getting riddled by bullets....

Son of a...! "Fall back! Fall back!"

Stone charges the gun, raising the hammer of justice high for the strike.

[sblock=OOC]ENWorld loads, but now Invisible Castle is down. Grr.

Stone's Power Attacking for +4 damage, using Improved Sunder against the gatling gun. Attack bonus +12, damage bonus +12.[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Pink Lightning

Free of the hampering that the deadly flames would cause, Pink Lightning moves to remove the hostages from harm's way.

OOC: Power Stunt to move multiple hostages with Air Control Alternate Power Feat.

Jemal

Adventurer
Noting the technicians behind their forcefield, Psyker takes a moment to stop them the easy way - with a mental twitch, he sends the laptop flying into the same forcefield that had incinerated Johny Reb.

Remove ads