Freedom League Unlimited

hero4hire

Explorer
Stone gets on the Bullhorn and attempts to persuade the Hostage-Takers to negotiate. So far, his only response is the echoing of his own voice within the many pillars at the front of the museum.

Meanwhile the rest of the group tries to stealthily get to the roof. If there were any lookouts the team was not aware as no alarms sounded or resistance met.

Within seconds the mundane security sensors are disabled at super-speed and the team is down the elevator shaft. Using her x-ray vision Supreme Girl sees that much of Bulldog’s Intel was correct. The Grand Hall is a long room of great proportions. Pillars shaped like various goddesses adorn the walls and there is a great statue of Zeus at the far end. Various displays of African artwork are displayed, some lay vandalized and in ruin. A buffet table looks like it has been blown up and an ice sculpture is shattered. The hostages have been gathered in the center of the hall and are surrounded by a ring of white fire. They are also guarded by a half dozen or so guards spread around on the 1st floor wearing archaic helmets and gas-masks.
gasmask.jpg

There are more guards on the 2cd and 3rd floor walk on the walkways overlooking the hall, essentially at every compass point with a clear view of access points. A;; of them have automatic weaponry and class 4 hard armor.

A two-man team is fervently attempting to bypass a force field that is protecting a fist sized black diamond on display. One has a laptop hooked into exposed circuitry the other has more archaic power-tools.

….and of course could we forget our two Super-villains. The Heavily Muscled White Knight is brooding with his arms crossed actively paying attention to the hostages while Johnny Reb is overseeing the men working.

OOC: Actions?

Elric

First Post
(After Supreme Girl informs him about what she spots in there), David whispers into his commlink "They are still trying to get to the diamond."

Elric

First Post
Dragon Fist concentrates on blocking out all other noises to hear what Johnny Reb is saying. For one trained in Zanshin, a state of total awareness, the task is ordinary; to the untrained, such as Supreme Girl, it is likely impossible.

(OOC: Notice (1d20+18=34)!)

Bialaska

First Post
"I don't really like that fire," the Supreme Girl says, before she shrugs. "I wonder if the hostages will get angry if I put out the fire, even if it's going to shake them a bit..."

hero4hire

Explorer
Dragon Fist concentrates on blocking out all other noises to hear what Johnny Reb is saying. For one trained in Zanshin, a state of total awareness, the task is ordinary; to the untrained, such as Supreme Girl, it is likely impossible.

(OOC: Notice (1d20+18=34)!)

Johnny says into the radio "Hawkeye, what in the tarnation is that infernal singing?" <pause> "What? The Freedom League is coming in? KNIGHT it is time!"

With that Supreme Girl can see the fire grow larger. Some of the Hostages begin to scream.

OOC: Actions now?

Elric

First Post
"Stone, Reb referred to someone on the radio as 'Hawkeye.' Watch out. I think they're going to kill the hostages. We have to go in."

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
"Stone, Reb referred to someone on the radio as 'Hawkeye.' Watch out I think they're going to kill the hostages. We have to go in."

"Sh*t, just as I thought. They DO have an external lookout. Alright, here's what I'm thinking. Supreme Girl, please blow out those flames, or if you can, swoop in an grab the hostages (Can she extra effort move-by-action to accomplish this?) and get them out. Psyker, scatter the grenades with your TK if that is possible, otherwise go for White Knight with your mind control and let PL grab the grenades on her way in and use 'em. PL, hows about doing that while positioning yourself to then hit as many baddies as possible (ie. superspeed to where you can autofire attack Johnny Reb or rapid attack a lot of mooks). Dragon fist, try to get Reb's sword. I'll try to hit them both with my lightning attack and then find cover. I'll doing a combination of double-hitting with lightning and shooting whichever baddie I should. (If I successfully surprise the baddies such that they are flat-footed (or if they are stunned), I will PA for 5. Otherwise, I PA for 2)"

And now seems to be the time to roll Master Plan
Master Plan (1d20 15=32)

Too bad MP looks to be capped at +3. For future reference, can I take 10 on that? I'll activate that the first round we make attacks (i.e., not a possible surprise round unless we are somehow mostly attacking in it.)

Bialaska

First Post
The Supreme Girl takes a deep breath and fills her lungs with air, where it's compressed, so that she can take in far more than any ordinary human. After doing this she holds her breath, while she punches with her full strength on the elevator door, her intention being to punch through it, so that she and the others may exit the elevator.

As she steps outside, she looks over in the direction of the hostages and with doing this, she lets loose her breath, hopefully quenching the fire and perhaps even hitting some of the bad guys in the massive cone.

[SBLOCK=Combat]
Punching through the elevator door! [strength roll] (1d20 15=16) [15 damage to elevator door!]

Super-Breath strength roll (sets DC to avoid being tripped) (1d20 15=25)

Aims in the direction of the hostages, blows out all fire not dealing 16 or more damage and causes all hit by the 150 feet long and 150 feet wide (on the wide end) cone to be tripped. They get a Reflex DC 25, which if successful lowers the DC to avoid the trip to 13, otherwise they'll have to remain standing against a DC 25.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Remove ads