Freedom League Unlimited

Jemal

Adventurer
"You got a cutting laser on that suit?" Psyker asks Arsenal. "I think I've got an idea - Open to modifications, of course, but here's my basic plan.
We find a spot where we know the museum doesn't have surveillance, attempt to cut our way in without making too much noise. Now, if I recall correctly, Arsenal, your suit should have some sort of scanners in it, correct? Well, I'm good a surveillance, but scanners beat human eyes, So we use all our resources to find a safe point, cut a hole in the wall, I TK the debris out quietly, then we'll head in stealthily, keeping an eye open for traps until I get close enough to probe one of the terrorists minds, find out what he knows about booby-trap emplacements and where the hostages are. Once that's done, we send Pink Lightning in along a route we now know to be safe to get the hostages out, then we can go in and deal with the hostiles."
Psyker stops and looks up from the floor plans at the other supers.
"Now, this is probably going to require more than just that - Supreme girl, if you're able to get any info off your X-rays, that would help, as would a distraction while we're cutting in. Maybe fly up to the front door and shout that you want to talk to them to resolve this. Any other thoughts or additions?"

[sblock=ooc]
Knowledge: Tactics (1d20+3=15) to help find an 'entry point' on the floor plans.
In OOC terms what I'm proposing is this:
We use our notice/x-ray/floor plans to find a safe entry point. Then Arsenal uses his "Force Lance" power (It's a Precise blast that does not have the Full power drawback, and so could (i think) be used as a sort of cutting laser, to slice a hole out of a wall. I use Telekinesis to keep the resulting chunk of stone from falling and creating noise, and then we slip in. Arsenal uses his super-senses and i use my search/notice to hopefully not run into any traps, and I keep my mind reading going. As soon as I enter within 70' of a mind, I probe it, and continue trying until either we're noticed (big trouble) or I get the information we need, at which point we relay that info to Pink Lightning, who should be fast enough to rescue the hostages, at which point we can begin an actual assault. [/sblock]

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
"You got a cutting laser on that suit?" Psyker asks Arsenal. "I think I've got an idea - Open to modifications, of course, but here's my basic plan.
We find a spot where we know the museum doesn't have surveillance, attempt to cut our way in without making too much noise. Now, if I recall correctly, Arsenal, your suit should have some sort of scanners in it, correct? Well, I'm good a surveillance, but scanners beat human eyes, So we use all our resources to find a safe point, cut a hole in the wall, I TK the debris out quietly, then we'll head in stealthily, keeping an eye open for traps until I get close enough to probe one of the terrorists minds, find out what he knows about booby-trap emplacements and where the hostages are. Once that's done, we send Pink Lightning in along a route we now know to be safe to get the hostages out, then we can go in and deal with the hostiles."
Psyker stops and looks up from the floor plans at the other supers.
"Now, this is probably going to require more than just that - Supreme girl, if you're able to get any info off your X-rays, that would help, as would a distraction while we're cutting in. Maybe fly up to the front door and shout that you want to talk to them to resolve this. Any other thoughts or additions?"

[sblock=ooc]
Knowledge: Tactics (1d20+3=15) to help find an 'entry point' on the floor plans.
In OOC terms what I'm proposing is this:
We use our notice/x-ray/floor plans to find a safe entry point. Then Arsenal uses his "Force Lance" power (It's a Precise blast that does not have the Full power drawback, and so could (i think) be used as a sort of cutting laser, to slice a hole out of a wall. I use Telekinesis to keep the resulting chunk of stone from falling and creating noise, and then we slip in. Arsenal uses his super-senses and i use my search/notice to hopefully not run into any traps, and I keep my mind reading going. As soon as I enter within 70' of a mind, I probe it, and continue trying until either we're noticed (big trouble) or I get the information we need, at which point we relay that info to Pink Lightning, who should be fast enough to rescue the hostages, at which point we can begin an actual assault. [/sblock]

"That COULD work, but I'm not too stealthy in this thing and unlike Supreme Girls I can't see through walls. I probably can sense active scanning equipment and traps pretty well though*. Also I guess being able to levitate my way through the place means no footsteps. Perhaps as an extra distraction we get someone to start a negotiation with the hostage takers. Also, I wonder if we can counterattack now that we know who the villains are. If we could find conspirators -- or plausable conspirators within teir movements outside of the force they have in the building, we might be able to set up a trade."

* I assume analytic radio-based senses can do that kind of stuff.

Max writes a program to help him track down the chatter online to individuals who could be responsible, especially leader-types, (Computer Program (1d20 17=35) Easily making the DC20....NOW I roll high when I need only a 3:lol: ... This sohuld take an action at most. I have enough Quickness to reduce it to one action with a point of quickness to spare), then try to do that. (I'll take 20 where applicable (Result=39), and hackingwise, I get a Hacking (1d20 19=21) ...gah...IC DOES hate me.)

Bialaska

First Post
"I can shoot lasers from my eyes, if it's necessary," the Supreme Girl says to Psyker. "But of course if I'm at the front door I can't help with that. Hmm. Well, I'll fly to the front door and talk to them?"

With that said she quicky sweeps over the building with her x-rays, this time not trying to penetrate as deeply, but instead just looking for the weaker spots in the construction.

X-Ray Vision (Notice) to spot weak points in the museum building (1d20-1=5)

hero4hire

Explorer
No further info is on the net other then the various cells starting to work together. Though it does confirm what you have already found out. (Confirmation ifrom different sources is good)

Together Arsenal and Psyker determine that simply cutting through a wall stealthfully cannot be done. (at least by you all within this time frame) The building was designed by Daedalus and constructed by Dr. Metropolis. The walls are insanely thick Marble reinforced structurally by Steel in a way only someone like Dr. Metropolis could conceivably build. Again Supreme Girl is stymied in her attempts to penetrate inside.

However the roof does have access to the elevator shafts for Repairmen to easily service them. Some of the shafts lead to various sections of the Grand Hall. It is most certainly alarmed however. But conceivably that can be bypassed on site.

Last edited:

Elric

First Post
David goes over to Bulldog. "Can you get those reporters out of here? If they have a TV inside and the news shows 'supers at scene; supers starting to move towards building' we'll lose the element of surprise. Can your men also be on the lookout and make sure the perps don't have anyone planted in that crowd?"

News reporters. Such a pain for superheroes. Why, there's probably never been a well known super who was a news reporter in secret. He'd be expected to be on scene covering all of the events where he'd have to save the day, and after a decade or so he'd presumably run out of cover stories.

hero4hire

Explorer
Bulldog grunts "Whatever ya got planned then ya better do it quick. I can move 'em but I can't stop 'em from reporting yer here."

Jemal

Adventurer
"Then lets give them what they're expecting. They had to expect some of us would come, so we give them that. Like you said, we start talking, we maybe send out some of our people to get their attention and attempt to 'open negotiations' while we try to sneak in at an angle the reporters can't see us from and get inside through those Elevators. Assuming Arsenal or I can disable the alarm once we're there. I'd suggest Supreme girl being the one to do the talking. So far as I know, her and Arsenal are the only ones of us who're bullet-proof, in case they decide to take a pot-shot at whatever super shows up, and I'll need him with me to detect whatever traps we may encounter.... unless any of you others could do something similar? Besides, Supreme girl showing up solo shouldn't arouse too much suspicion" Psyker looks questioningly at the others to gauge their reactions to the planned revisions.

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
Bulldog grunts "Whatever ya got planned then ya better do it quick. I can move 'em but I can't stop 'em from reporting yer here."

"Perhaps I can crash their transmission systems. We should only need a couple minutes. Unfortunately, I won't likely be able to get all their devices. The trucks are easy, but Its hard to get all the handheld comms without a more general jamming system.

We can go in and take out the security systems, I guess, but we'll need to avoid the reporters. If we can clear an area where they cannot see us, SG or I can carry Psyker up to the roof. Alternatively, if we can stop them from reporting, we can fly up very high and go in straight down. Either way, I'll try to detect and disable security as we go. I'll have to take it relatively slow though."

ooc:
[sblock]
I'll have to lose some time alternating between scanning and datalink hacking. I assume we have spent enough time planning this whole thing out that I can make a roll for master plan? [/sblock]

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
"Then lets give them what they're expecting. They had to expect some of us would come, so we give them that. Like you said, we start talking, we maybe send out some of our people to get their attention and attempt to 'open negotiations' while we try to sneak in at an angle the reporters can't see us from and get inside through those Elevators. Assuming Arsenal or I can disable the alarm once we're there. I'd suggest Supreme girl being the one to do the talking. So far as I know, her and Arsenal are the only ones of us who're bullet-proof, in case they decide to take a pot-shot at whatever super shows up, and I'll need him with me to detect whatever traps we may encounter.... unless any of you others could do something similar? Besides, Supreme girl showing up solo shouldn't arouse too much suspicion" Psyker looks questioningly at the others to gauge their reactions to the planned revisions.

"What about Stone though? He's better equipped to be a negotiator, and he's already volunteered for it. SG could maybe be his bodyguard, but they'll want him to go alone. Besides, she's our big gun. Once we've cleared a path through the alarms, or they no longer matter because we are attacking anyway, her best use is going right at the metahumans with us. With PL on rescue, Us two verses two supers plus an unknown number of mooks, with exhibits we can't damage but they can isn't odds I like."

Remove ads