• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fringe #8: The Equation/Nov2008

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
fringe2.jpg

THE EQUATION

Stars:John Noble (Dr. Walter Bishop)
Anna Torv (Olivia Dunham)
Joshua Jackson (Peter Bishop)

Guest Star:Charlie Tahan (Ben Stockton)
Gillian Jacobs (Attendant)
Randall Duk Kim (Dashiell Briggs)
Jabari Gray (Agent Colvin)
Walter's former bunkmate at the mental institute is linked to the abduction of a young musical prodigy by a serial kidnapper. Peter is concerned when Walter insists on going back to the mental institute to solve the case.

Last edited:

Elodan

Adventurer
I posit that the head of the asylum is working for the bad guys in regards to the pattern.

Decent episode.

I was confused by two things. What's was the story with the other Walter when he was locked up? Is that supposed to be his sane self or something.

I was confused by the device at the end. Was is some sort of matter transporter? It seemed like the apple in the safe and then it was in the guy's glove (of course I wouldn't stick my hand in a matter transporter, but that's just me).

Teneb

Explorer
I posit that the head of the asylum is working for the bad guys in regards to the pattern.

Decent episode.

I was confused by two things. What's was the story with the other Walter when he was locked up? Is that supposed to be his sane self or something.

I was confused by the device at the end. Was is some sort of matter transporter? It seemed like the apple in the safe and then it was in the guy's glove (of course I wouldn't stick my hand in a matter transporter, but that's just me).

I intrepreted the Walter seeing Walter bit as perhaps a harbinger or reminder that he's just barely this side of sane. More to come methinks.

I believe the equation is a sonic frequency that allows someone to move through solid objects; the safe was vibrated at the correct frequency such that the guy could put his hand through it and grab the apple.

Overall, I liked the episode.

Remove ads