• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

From the ashes will rise a new Hivemind.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Also - you wouldn't use that symbol anywhere outside! It's a pictogram for EXIT! You don't EXIT the outside, you ENTER a building and you don't need a pictogram for that. :)

Well.. when you ENTER A BUILDING you are actually are EXITING THE OUTSIDE. It's kind of like how in old RPGs the main cities and every building was a "zone" from the overland map. :heh:

Anyway, the Cake is a lie.
That was because I ate it before you left the test chamber.:blush:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Weird dream the other night.

I dreamt that my Mom's new pet obsession was Pygmy Polar Bears. She had one that was about 3' tall and about 200lbs. And it didn't particularly like me.

So I'm puttering around my parents' house, doing some housework and its following me around like a dog. Every once in a while, I'd reach down and pet its ears...and it would shake off my hand, and slowly take my hand in its mouth- not biting me, just applying gentle pressure.

As if it were telling me to stop scratching its ears or petting it without actually hurting me. Like it was peeved.

And yet, it kept following me around, practically underfoot. The. Whole. Damned. Dream.

Stupid Pygmy Polar Bears.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
"This is… unusual… but even though it shouldn't have happened… it was special."

Response A:
29-2.jpg

This is.......SPARTA!!!!! UNUSUAL!!!!

Response B:
khan.jpg

Response C:
:lol:;)

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Hah hah... why not both?
Panda%20and%20Polar%20Bear.jpg

Ever been in a creative mood but for some unknown reason have had your creativity so unfocused that all your desires end up going no where? Thats how I've been.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Ever been in a creative mood but for some unknown reason have had your creativity so unfocused that all your desires end up going no where? Thats how I've been.

Yep. I've filled 2 entire sketchbooks of jewelry designs devoted to just a couple of stones...which ultimately wound up in fairly simple and elegant designs...5 years later.

I have composed a couple dozen songs...but haven't recorded any of them.

I have several hundred pages of unpublished stories.

I have a PDA full of data for several campaigns...and PCs...and NPCs...

The campaign stuff is, in some ways, the most annoying. I started writing that stuff in there because I hit the wall creatively in a D&D campaign and simply ENDED it in 2003 or so. In 2005, without running any game, I finally started making some notes.

I didn't run ANY of those campaigns until 2009...and that game imploded pretty quickly- the guys simply didn't care for M&M.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I didn't run ANY of those campaigns until 2009...and that game imploded pretty quickly- the guys simply didn't care for M&M.

Part of the problem for me has always been a combination of not having a table group, finishing up school, and having crappy work hours.

When I try to create stuff for a campaign to run as a pbp the main worried I have are that it will die or no one would be interested. Like for instance, I've been refining some ideas I've been having for a while and been hitting the same problems both rules and setting wise.

Things pretty much come down to:

1. How to run Fantasy/Western Steam Punk without making too much patches to the gaping holes in d20 M/F/P or Saga Edition. Would people actually play M&M Fantasy Steampunk, and if not, would it just be better to run a pulp-super hero game using some of those ideas I had?

2. Alternate Earth or a totally new world? If I use an alternate earth, what lead to the changes taking place? Why use a totally new world?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads