• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

From the ashes will rise a new Hivemind.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
*ahem*

Point of clarification-

While I'm a Mac guy who uses his for jewelry design, visual and musical arts- as well as running his law practice- I'm not the kind who would make those kinds of errors.

what is more creative then building your own computer OS

Egads! Almost anything!
If Bill Gates tried that, you know they would be hit with the monopoly ban-hammer (and have in the EU).

The difference is that Microsoft has 80+% of the market- Apple has never controlled more than 11%. Simply put, competitive companies can get away with things that monopolies or near-monopolies cannot. By law.

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
The difference is that Microsoft has 80+% of the market- Apple has never controlled more than 11%. Simply put, competitive companies can get away with things that monopolies or near-monopolies cannot. By law.

So in other words, its in apple's best interest to put out several stinkers so that they will remain at the 10% market share since once they surpass 30% they become fairgame for anti-trust legislation. :D

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Nah...when they put out stinkers, they shrink to about 5% market share...and Bill starts buying their stock to help him avoid antitrust suits.

FWIW, I'm not that impressed with their new iPad or whatever they're going to call it. Its nice, but its not a game changer like Apple can deliver when they really put their best & brightest on it.

I was thinking about getting an e-Reader, and while the iPad can serve as one, it doesn't do enough else well enough for me to buy one. Perhaps the 2nd or 3rd generation...

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I'm not interested in an iPad, not because I'm not an Apple fan, but because I'd like a tablet computer not a large sized iPod/iPhone or an e-Reader.

If it wasn't for the fact that the HP Slate is coming out at the end of the year, I'd buy that. However, since it is, I'm going to buy a laptop in the nearfuture.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Multi-car drifting!

Drifting42-vi.jpg

C-c-c-c-combo Block! :D

Remove ads