Frukathka's Challenges

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Nyaricus said:
So, who won and where's the next one? :D

cheers,
--N

I think I won.

Actually, if it weren't called 'Frukathka's Challenges' I think it would be neat to have a winner and then the winner creates the next challenge. Just my opinion though...

[Saw this thread now and since he said he was gonna put up a new one, just waiting for that]

Nyaricus

First Post
Dog Moon said:
I think I won.

Actually, if it weren't called 'Frukathka's Challenges' I think it would be neat to have a winner and then the winner creates the next challenge. Just my opinion though...
That's kinda a neat idea :D

and :eek: you changed your avatar!

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Frukathka said:
Third Challenge
Let's see what materials you can come up with based off of Men At Works' Land Down Under

A Prophecy of Invasion

All dreams that come in threes come true; everyone knows this. On three successive nights, everyone in the party has the same dream: first night, a strange woman comes and takes them to her cabin where they have breakfast and she tells them that the storm is coming. She is a witch and spins prophecy as she carefully fixes common breakfast foods. They look out her wide window as they eat their eggs and sausage and see a thunderstorm advancing over the land towards them, lightning blasting villages to burning cinders.

The next night, a warrior in strange armor comes to them in their dreams and chants the prophecy of a coming devestation from the other side of the world. The great warlord there has finally heard of the PC's continent and see it as the perfect way to determine which of his sons will rule the empire after his passing. Not one, not two, but four armies vaster than the birds in the sky are going to descend upon the PC's lands, enslave everyone, then fight among themselves until a clear victor is found. (The women of this new land 'glow' because they wear lots of gold and silver, which glows in the bright brassy sun of the southern lands).

The third night the actual, demonic, father of the coming generals whispers to the PC's a twisted version of the witch's prophecies, trying to get them to join with his half-fiend sons. Those who resist find that any weapon they weild just needs a touch attack to hit the invaders. In battle with the half-fiend sons near the end of the campaign, they find that the sons have DR 35/The PC's Attacks and Fast Healing 35/The PC's attacks; the group are literally the only ones that can defeat these quasi-divine beings.

Of course, the prophecy can have many paths and meanings, and there must be some way to easily stray from the Path of Fate and render a person useless in the fight against the coming storm.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Challenge #4

Fourth Challenge
Let's see what materials you can come up with based off of The Eagle's Hotel California (lyrics):

On a dark desert highway
Cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas
Rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance
I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself
This could be Heaven or this could be Hell
Then she lit up a candle
And she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor
I thought I heard them say

Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year
You can find it here

Her mind is Tiffany twisted
She's got the Mercedes Benz
She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys
That she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard
Sweet summer sweat
Some dance to remember
Some dance to forget
So I called up the Captain
Please bring me my wine
He said
We haven't had that spirit here since 1969
And still those voices are calling from far away
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say

Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely face
They're livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise
Bring your alibies

Mirrors on the ceiling
The pink champaign on ice
And she said
We are all just prisoners here
Of our own device
And in the master's chambers
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I remember
I was running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
'Relax' said the nightman
'We are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Mycanid said:
Holy smokes ... I just read Nonlethal Force's submission. :confused:

Wow. :uhoh:

I vote for him to win. Forget me! :\

Thank you very much! :eek:

If you like the way my mind thinks and processes, feel free to read and comment on my Story Hours (See post 5 of this thread for links in the sig). They are completely fictional, although I do use D&D 3.5 as a construct for reality. What I mean by that is I actually build the characters of the story as if they were RP characters - but I do not "roll the dice" for things like skill checks and stuff. Occasionally I do roll my way through a combat, just to make sure I get a feeling of how often misses should occur ... but in no way are the story hours a slave to the dice. But please feel free to read.

As for the newest challenge, this one is ripe with opportunity. As typical, I'm going to wait until the Tuesday or Wednesday bump so that this song can stew inside my head for a bit.

Remove ads