Funny character names

A lot of people here take D&D somewhat seriously, but everyone's probably given their characters funny names when they were kids.

My first four characters were:

Joey Ramone: Elf Bard 3
Johnny Ramone: Half-Elf Ranger 3
Dee Dee Ramone: Human Fighter 4
Tommy Ramone: Halfling Thief 4

At least I was listening to good music when I was twelve. After that, I mostly rearranged Lord of the Rings or Chronicles of Narnia names.

What are some funny names you've run into?

Sejs

First Post
Fern Foliage the Ranger.
Yoo Sing Eggrollshacks.
Saan Holo and his bear animal companion, Boochaka.

All groanworthy :p

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Sparrowhawk the Wizard. Actually the longest surviving PC in the game that I run. I'll see if I can do anything about that... :]

Cheers, -- N

Andre

First Post
The guy who taught me OD&D ("Diaglo Edition") actually told me to name my first character, a wizard, Fonebone. Fortunately, FB died in his first foray into the dungeon and his name was never, ever repeated.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
I had a halfling named Gram at one point. All of my thief characters all seemed to have descriptive names as well- Silent Whisper, was one. I know my brother had some similarly named characters- Redwing, Redhawk, etc.

^Graff

First Post
When I started playing in 7th grade, I played Link Pendragon, Halfling Thief.

I also have a Halfling Warmage who acts like a stereotypical Irishman. I took his first name from the villian from the movie Ronin, and his last name from the title of a James Joyce novel. When I introduced the character, Seamus Finnegan, my friends asked me why I decided to name my character after one of Harry Potter's classmates.

Although we have also had one of my friends play a Gangster named Vincenzo Lorenzo in a D20 Pulp Heroes game, and I had a Pulp Scientist named Doctor Strangelove who had a device that he called his "sonic screwdriver." But we did it more because we like making our DM groan and hang his head than by mistake.

Last edited:

kaomera

Explorer
Claire Ick - guess
Rethgif Eht - guess
Squick Kvisserthrob XXIII - kobold with too many multiclasses
Ignatz Kneebiter - halfling Warlord
Unnamed Assailant - translated from the Infernal tongue...

shilsen

Adventurer
There was this one campaign which had the stupidest names, with the dumbest reasons for having them:

Aragorn - Every time the DM asked what they were doing, the player said, "We are a gorn to Mordor!"

Legolas - For some reason the player used a female figure from a Lego set for his PC, who quickly became the "Lego-lass"

Gimli - Guy had a weird speech impediment. Kept wanting to say that he stared at the elf Lego-lass grimly, and ended up with "I look at him glimly." Ergo, Gimli.

Sam - Talk about no imagination. In a game world with names like the above, even if they were fairly dumb, in walks a Sam. Sheesh! Then again, the DM did keep telling us about a dragon in his earlier game called Smog. Gah!

Frodo - Yeah. Sam's buddy was called Frodo. Don't ask.

Man, I just hate players who can't be bothered to come up with an authentic-sounding fantasy name.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases