• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Funny "victory" lines?

WampusCat43

Explorer
One of my players brought in one of those damned Easy buttons from Staples. Now, every time they whack one of my carefully-crafted NPCs in one round, they race to see who can hit the button first. "That was easy!"

I was sorely tempted to hit it last game after Dragotha wiped the floor with them. :]

Presto2112

Explorer
I've been looking for some excuse to shout "The price is wrong, b***h!" in-game for a while. So far the opportunity either hasn't come up, or had passed by the time I remembered it.

Powerstriik

First Post
Note: Minor spoiler included for those early in the Age of Worms AP...

Context: In the Age of Worms AP, we're fighting [sblock] the "Ebon Aspect" - a combination Aspect of Bhaal, Myrkul, and Bane.[/sblock] The thing is BIG and BAD and gets referred to as, "Death" by the PCs. After a long, but victorious battle, the cleric in our group exclaimed:

"Death is dead! Everyone lives forever!"

It was a joyous moment.

-Flint

Last edited:

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
So the party was fighting Dragotha, and was doing pretty well. There were huge casualties, but they had him on the ropes. He starts ranting...

Dragotha: "You can't do this to me! I was consort of Tiamat! The first dracolich! General of legions! I am history!"

Cosgrak the Lewd (in a heavy Scottish accent): "Damn right you're history."

Also, in my Eberron detectives game, the party was being stalked by a splinterwaif rogue, who they quickly subdued and tied up. When they asked what he was, he started babbling about being the Crazy Thorn Man, the boogeyman of Sharn that catches wayward children and turns them into thorn bushes.

Joe Zor (the barbarian/face of the party) knees him in the junk and leaves him tied up in the street. "We have some really stupid folklore around here. Come back when you're a real mythological figure."

Demiurge out.

Gothmog

First Post
In a game a few years ago, I was playing Fanshaw Jones, a 13th level Shaft-like cleric of St. Cuthbert. During a battle with a CN wizard and his slaad allies, the wizard kept ranting about chaos consuming us all, and that our actions were ultimately pointless, like chickens running around with their heads cut off. The wizard hit Fanshaw and the dwarven defender Sekler with chain lightning, but both of us somehow made our saves and emerged slightly singed. Fanshaw then Flame Struck the wizard, who abysmally failed his save and suffered something around 80 points of damage, incinerating him. I'm not sure why, but I said "Smells like fried chicken, b****es." in the best blacksploitation Shaft voice I could muster. We couldn't stop laughing for about an hour.

TarionzCousin said:
Name this movie:

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum!"

Hint: Rowdy Roddy Piper, a local Portland boy.

That's easy ... They Live.

That's actually a really fun movie, and one that really tapped into the collective paranoia of the 80's. Watched it recently as an adult. Seems a bit dated, but still a good romp.

VioletSamurai said:
That would be They Live, John Carpenter's most underrated film, also starring the most underrated actor in Hollywood, Keith David.

Edit: Grrr. I should really check and make sure there isn't another page in the thread before posting a reply. :(

erm ... you're not alone.

Tian Zi

First Post
Not really a line...

Cleric in my group has a fondness for splashy kill shots, and his turn came up as the Large Red Dragon from RHoD was just about dead. The battle took place on a small hill while the armies raged below...

Cleric: My turn? I cast...
Me: He's almost dead, his wings are drooping, eyes blank, breathing labored... there are hordes of orcs being led by a crazed half-dragon orc still to go...
Cleric: Uh huh, ok... Flame Strike!

Powerstriik

First Post
Powerstriik said:
Note: Minor spoiler included for those early in the Age of Worms AP...

Context: In the Age of Worms AP, we're fighting [sblock] the "Ebon Aspect" - a combination Aspect of Bhaal, Myrkul, and Bane.[/sblock] The thing is BIG and BAD and gets referred to as, "Death" by the PCs. After a long, but victorious battle, the cleric in our group exclaimed:

"Death is dead! Everyone lives forever!"

It was a joyous moment.

-Flint

Here's a short comic to go with it: http://www.stripcreator.com/comics/kleinksw/400707/

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads