• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Furiosa

I saw the film today.
Initial thoughts are that Fury Road was a better film, but not by much. It’s just hard to top the original for relentless action spectacle. That being said, Furiosa was probably my favourite of the two, in terms of what it offers in the way of world building and story.

Don’t want to say much else, but interested to hear peoples thoughts when they catch it.

Argyle King

Legend
I saw the film today.
Initial thoughts are that Fury Road was a better film, but not by much. It’s just hard to top the original for relentless action spectacle. That being said, Furiosa was probably my favourite of the two, in terms of what it offers in the way of world building and story.

Don’t want to say much else, but interested to hear peoples thoughts when they catch it.

That's similar to how I felt.

Fury Road is more of a visual spectacle, but Furiosa is (imo) a more complete film and story.

I felt that the way Furiosa was shot captures something that is often lost under the special effects of many modern films.

I’m old too, and I thought no one liked Thunderdome. Glad I was wrong about that.

(Mad Max 2 was/is everything to me in this series - I saw it at that very, very impressionable age. Then I saw Thunderdome at that age where nothing is ever new/different/edgy enough.)

I actually watched Fury Road because of this conversation today. I liked it. It was a good movie. It felt a little weird as a Mad Max entry, simply because the tone is a bit different and the vibe is cranked up to 11. But that aside, I'd say my new ranking for these films is 1) Mad Max, 2) Mad Max II/Road Warrior, 3) Fury Road, and 4) Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (though I still say Tina Turner was one of the better villains they have had)

One thing I didn't like about Fury Road was the guy playing Max. He spoke like Batman, he didn't seem like Max to me at all. I liked Furiosa a lot. I was kind of prepared to not like her, just being an old fan where the star of a movie you like is clearly getting replaced by a new character, but Charlize Theron did a great job in that role. I could not stand the guitar playing herald (I think he was credited as Doof Warrior). I have been informed this is a highly unpopular opinion, but I thought he was the worst thing in the movie. But overall I liked the story, the action was very good, and the characters worked.

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
I literally have not gone to see a movie by myself in years. Decades even. But when friends flaked, I went and saw Furiosa tonight.

Fury Road is one of my favorite films of all time, and while I don't think it is as good as Fury Road, it is very good. Go see it.

Also, Chris Hemsworth is really great in it.

Kaodi

Hero
I saw it just now in theatre and I enjoyed. Unfortunately my enjoyment was somewhat muted by a psychopath chuckling and talking to himself through the movie and previews like he thought he was the naughty word Joker. It did not help that there was an actually preview for the next Joker while he was there.

Honestly the most jarring thing about the film to me is Furiosa's long, unkept hair. Like, having hair it a good contrast to being shaved. But I feel like the length could have been better judged. Because other than that I thought it was a pretty solid film, one I would hesitate to compare overmuch to Fury Road because the episodic storytelling is obviously waaay different. I really liked it.

Retreater

Legend
I liked it. My wife (who came in with Fury Road) has loved both films and is turning into a big fan.
I thought it could've used more than 1 good chase scene, being a Mad Max movie. Mostly just people on dirt bikes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads