D&D (2024) [+] Future of The SRD Speculation Thread

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
So of the new stuff that we know will be in the revised core rules (RCR) this year, what items do you think will get some presence in a new SRD.

We know from staff statements that everything in the existing SRD that gets revised will also be revised in the SRD, so stuff like the classes and races are obvious.

But what about the new stuff?

We have a few main items:

• Feats as core: Almost certainly means we will see at least a dozen or so feats in the SRD, even if it’s only level 1 feats, the fighting style feats, and the ASI feat
  • Weapon Mastery: Pretty much have to be in there if the classes are, tbh
  • New Races?: I don’t know if we will see Goliath in the SRD, what do you think?
Anything I’m not thinking of?

What feats do you think will be included?

I don’t wanna hear about how you don’t like the new stuff or whatever please just keep it fun and on topic for goodness sake.

Voadam

Legend
I have not followed what is going to definitely be in the revised books but here is my wishlist:

1 Full rules elements from the core 3 the way 3e and Pathfinder 1e did. All the rules, all the core classes, all the subclasses, all the races, all the feats, all the spells, all the monsters, all the magic items. (I am fine with them keeping the xp advancement rules non open, along with art and specific names (Bigby and Realms references, etc).

2 A revised OGL version that makes it explicit that it is irrevocable. :)

Make the core fully open. Let players make full characters from the SRD, let module writers use a lot of core D&D in making modules. Forever.

Voadam

Legend
If it is just little upgrades hopefully the flexible race stat bonus rule so that it is easy to make OGL flexible stat races instead of the fixed stat bonus old paradigm.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
A new document is necessary, due to the way that CC and the OGL are both structured.

We'll probably see the new Classes, new Species, and new Rules Glossary, at least. Probably redoes of all the Monsters in the current SRD.

Last edited:

Reynard

Legend
If it is just little upgrades hopefully the flexible race stat bonus rule so that it is easy to make OGL flexible stat races instead of the fixed stat bonus old paradigm.
Why would that be difficult to do. It isn't like thing not in the SRD are impossible. You just can't use exact wording. it takes a tiny bit more work.

mamba

Legend
I am not sure there will even be an updated SRD rather than just a document listing a few changes. At a minimum I want an updated SRD in CC, with all the 2024 changes for stuff in the current SRD (spells, monsters, ...) incorporated. Better yet, add all classes and subclasses, etc., the way 3e did.

Remove ads