Game of Thrones Season 3 Finale "Mhysa" (Warning for leaked spoilers!)

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
This is where the episode should have ended:
[sblock]
tumblr_mo6riw4A8i1qzmkxio5_250.gif
[/sblock]
It got really silly immediately after.

Although, the whole problem was caused by their plotline getting so little focus later in the season that if felt like the context was missing.

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
Yeah, I did think the ending was... um... off. I don't know.

Overall, though, it was a pretty good episode, and I still think it's a great show. Waiting for season 4 already.

Krug

Newshound
Yeah could have done without the 'white saviour/crowdsurfing' ending. The seasons seem to have been ending with Dany.

Oh well, onto Part 2 of A Storm of Swords. I wonder if the big events in the next season will trigger as much of a reaction as the Red Wedding.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
The thing about Dany is that in a way she is a deconstruction of all the different entitled saviour characters, white or not. But you really miss a lot of details on the tv show and it's hurting the story.

Read an article today where GRRM said the TV show wouldn't catch the books.

I don't see that. We've half of book 3 plus books 4 and 5 to catch up -- that's 2-4 seasons depending on how many characters get introduced. GRRM has two novels to deliver and I bet the next one is still four years off ...

Joker

First Post
Read an article today where GRRM said the TV show wouldn't catch the books.

I don't see that. We've half of book 3 plus books 4 and 5 to catch up -- that's 2-4 seasons depending on how many characters get introduced. GRRM has two novels to deliver and I bet the next one is still four years off ...

After season four, the writers and producers of the show will be invited to GRRM's house for a friendly discussion on the future of the series.

There will be no survivors.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Came across this article on Buzzfeed where someone ranks all of the episodes:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/all-30-game-of-thrones-episodes-ranked-from-worst-to-best

I don't completely agree with the order, but looking at the list makes me realize that Game of Thrones doesn't really have any bad episodes the way other shows do. Most of the bad in GoT comes from too many storylines squished together, and even then there's plenty of interesting things to follow and look forward to. On that list the worst episode is the one where the Queen of Thorns shows up.

Remove ads