• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Game or Gamers in Ann Arbor

Harlekin

First Post
Having recently moved to AA, I am now looking for a gaming group to join, or ppl to start a group with. I am old (33 years) and have gamed well over 20 years, recently mostly d20, but I'm certainly not married to any one system.

Right now, I am dreaming of a superhero game (M&M, Hero or maybe even SAGA), though I'm not sure if that is another nightmare or not. I'm also thinking of running a Dark Sun -inspired campaign, maybe using Iron Heroes.

exile

First Post
Toledo, OH

Hi there. I just saw your post and I must say that I am intrigued. I am a 29 year-old gamer who has, for the past several months, taken leave of his group. I was planning a return in the next couple of weeks (after dealing with my wedding and some career issues), but some recent developments have left me rethinking that plan.

I currently live in Toledo, OH, about 45 miles from Ann Arbor. I was raised on a steady diet of Dungeons and Dragons and am familiar with 3.5 Ed. (as well as previous editions). D&D remains my RPG of choice, but I am open to trying (and already own material for) multiple other systems/genres. Superheroes even sound pretty cool, and I'd throw a vote in for M&M over Hero or Saga.

Dark Sun was one of my favorite 2E campaign settings, right there with Planescape. I also picked up IH, but until you mentioned it, I had given little though to just how well the two might mesh with one another. If we were to hook up, THIS IS THE CAMPAIGN I WOULD LOVE TO OPEN WITH.

What were you thinking of in terms of a play schedule? Weekly? Every two weeks? How many other people do you have interested in the game?

Chad

rom90125

Banned
Banned
I am also interested, depending on the frequency. I currently reside in West Michigan but wouldn't mind the travel time if it meant I could finally get on the other side of the table and run a PC.

If you are taking votes, I too favor IH, or even AE?

Harlekin

First Post
patience Grasshopper

Hi Folks,

Thanks for your replies. As I tried to describe in my earlier post, I'm not quite ready to run my own group here, as I have just moved to AA and I am still settling in. I am working on converting Iron Heroes to Dark Sun and my gaming style though, so i expect there will be a list of modifications, for example to allow for nonhuman races. I'm also thinking of installing a mothod of discussing these rules with other gamers, so if you have any suggestions?

Anyway, I'll keep you informed when the game is ready to go.

Sebastian

emenz

First Post
Good news for all!

Just thought of dropping in to say hello. Couldn't help but be intrigued by other gamers trying to find a game in michigan. My group runs ages 24-35 and has been playing togather for a couple of years every sunday with minor exceptions. We play a modified version of Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 modified with extensive house rules and erata in a totally original world called Geas. Our DM and almost 35 players have created this world in more imense detail than even the D&D campaign sources. This project has been in progress for 5 years now. If you are interested check out this web site and feel free to send me a PM if you wanna check it out for real. The web site which is stellar is http://geas.gameworlds.org/. :D

brehobit

Explorer
Harlekin said:
Hi Folks,

Thanks for your replies. As I tried to describe in my earlier post, I'm not quite ready to run my own group here, as I have just moved to AA and I am still settling in. I am working on converting Iron Heroes to Dark Sun and my gaming style though, so i expect there will be a list of modifications, for example to allow for nonhuman races. I'm also thinking of installing a mothod of discussing these rules with other gamers, so if you have any suggestions?

Anyway, I'll keep you informed when the game is ready to go.

Sebastian
Include me on the list. Not sure I'll have time, but....

Mark

Remove ads