GameHole Con Hints At An "As Yet Unannounced Setting" for D&D This Year

Thomas Valley, GameHoleCon's Adventurer's League coordinator, is currently asking for volunteer DMs for the show in November. As part of the post he refers to "The premiere of an Epic event set in as yet unannounced setting" and "The premiere of adventures set in as yet unannounced setting".

Thomas Valley, GameHoleCon's Adventurer's League coordinator, is currently asking for volunteer DMs for the show in November. As part of the post he refers to "The premiere of an Epic event set in as yet unannounced setting" and "The premiere of adventures set in as yet unannounced setting".

54389065_10157392158874644_7953755252908359680_n.jpg

Ravnica was introduced in 2018, and Eberron support was added to the DM's Guild. Other than that, most of the official D&D stuff has all been set in the Forgotten Realms (Curse of Strahd notwithstanding).

This could be a whole new setting; it might just be a region of the Realms.

In related news, WotC's Nathan Stewart tweeted the word "SPELLJAMMER" a week or so back. He has a history of teasing his Twitter followers with hints about settings which - as yet - haven't come to fruition, so take that with as much or as little salt as you wish!

Dire Bare

Legend
Anybody know what plane the fall Magic set will be focused on? I think Ravnica is done for now with the soon to be released "War of the Spark" this spring. We could be getting a book on the next Magic setting to coincide with the fall card game release.

Or Eberron. Or a new region in the Realms. Or a revised classic setting.

lkj

Hero
Didn't they already confirm that the new setting will not be Spelljammer, though?

Nathan Stewart confirms every month (without really being asked) that they are not doing Spelljammer. He then goes on to drop shameless Spelljammer hints over an over again, both in the streams and on twitter.

Nathan Stewart is messing with us. I think he has successfully made it impossible to tell whether or not a full Spelljammer product is in the works. Which was clearly his goal.

Edited to add: It's an ongoing gag. There's no malice in it, though I'm sure it makes some people mad. I think it's funny.

AD

Epics are AL adventures. The rest are probably AL adventures too. So these probably just tie into the new AL season that starts in the Fall and the Fall hardcover adventure. So somewhere in the Realms other than the Sword Coast.

Mr. Wilson

Explorer
I have a hunch it's Eberron.

Keith was super stoked when it was released and said we'd be getting another splat literally a month later he and Rudy wrote entitled Morgrave's Menagerie and we still haven't seen it half a year later. What could cause the delay? A full on campaign book that pillaged from Morgrave's.

Circumstantial, yeah, for sure. But that's where I'm leaning.

edit: Also, he pointedly ignores questions about Morgrave's when asked.

Remove ads

Remove ads