D&D General Gameplay Trailer of 5E-Powered Solasta: Crown of the Magister Video Game

The folks making the 5th Edition powered Solasta: Crown of the Magister video game have released a gameplay trailer, and boy does it looks good. They launch their Kickstarter tomorrow, Tuesday 3rd September.

The folks making the 5th Edition powered Solasta: Crown of the Magister video game have released a gameplay trailer, and boy does it looks good. They launch their Kickstarter tomorrow, Tuesday 3rd September.

I chatted to the developers about the game a couple of weeks ago. I'll update this post with the Kickstarter link when it launches.

I'm definitely seeing what they mean by 'verticality' - look at the positions of the four characters in the screenshot below.

Screenshot 2019-09-02 at 21.16.29.png

Screenshot 2019-09-02 at 21.17.52.png

G

Guest 6801328

It's live! Solasta: Crown of the Magister

Btw if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask (I'm the Community Lead at Tactical Adventures and in charge of the Kickstarter). I'll try to answer when I have some spare time :)

Any chance y'all are deep in a planning session to release this on Google Stadia?

Please....?

P.S. To the software engineering pedants about to jump in....relax, I'm kidding. The above translates to "Drat. Us Mac users screwed again."

It's live! Solasta: Crown of the Magister

Btw if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask (I'm the Community Lead at Tactical Adventures and in charge of the Kickstarter). I'll try to answer when I have some spare time :)
Less a question and more of a correction. But I was just playing the Demo and it appears you guys misterpreted Thunderwave. The Caster is not at the center of the cube but at one of it's faces and can orient the cube as they please from there.

Larrin

Entropic Good
Knowing it’s an alpha demo, how is it so far?
It shows a lot of care and a decent amount of depth. Pretty easy to figure out and play. I like the combat layout of options, powers, stuff like that. They have a good system for seeing what actions you have and how to use them. The fights really felt spot on.

It's alphaness shows in a camera that fights me the fury of a thousand orc fighters. I just can't get it to give me the angle/zoom/motion I want or in some cases need to move or select or target. Moving the camera while exploring is especially more limited than a person should want, at least as far as I can figure out the controls. Also, there are maybe a few bugs in executing commands (when I tried to cast burning hands it went off without giving me an option to aim it.....or I misclicked due to a UI lag? Hard to say). Both of these might be from the machine I'm running on, so mileage may vary, I guess.

Overall, I really like what I see. Very Promising.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Seems fun, but I am no expert at controlling the camera. Kind of wish there was an easy way for a geezer like me to push a key and see a different angle. Also, when one PC fell to another level, it was not at all intuitive how to get them back all together.....Randomly clicking eventually did it.

Chryssis

Explorer
It shows a lot of care and a decent amount of depth. Pretty easy to figure out and play. I like the combat layout of options, powers, stuff like that. They have a good system for seeing what actions you have and how to use them. The fights really felt spot on.

It's alphaness shows in a camera that fights me the fury of a thousand orc fighters. I just can't get it to give me the angle/zoom/motion I want or in some cases need to move or select or target. Moving the camera while exploring is especially more limited than a person should want, at least as far as I can figure out the controls. Also, there are maybe a few bugs in executing commands (when I tried to cast burning hands it went off without giving me an option to aim it.....or I misclicked due to a UI lag? Hard to say). Both of these might be from the machine I'm running on, so mileage may vary, I guess.

Overall, I really like what I see. Very Promising.
100% agree quite liked the demo, the camera during exploration is hard to use, isn't so bad during combat, really liked the use of light and terrain. (had no issues with targeting burning hands myself i think you just misclicked). Over all the UI is very friendly.

Someone had mentioned thunderclap not targeting the same as in 5e, i'm not 100% that they are using the exact 5e rules vs "based on" 5e. Bless appears to also be saving throw only rather than any +to hit and the object interaction/weapon equipping/stowing rules seem to be free action rather than 1/turn. overall though a very good 5e tabletop facsimile.

I missed the Early bird by seconds (there was 1 left when i clicked the pledge manager) 4 extra euro's because i couldn't remember my facebook password! at least it goes to a hopefully good cause.

Myzzrym

Explorer
Camera is a hot topic even among the team, so don't worry we're hearing your feedback on it. As for Thunderwave:

RANGE/AREA: Self (15 ft )
A wave of thunderous force sweeps out from you. Each creature in a 15-foot cube originating from you must make a Constitution saving throw.

Someone arrest this phony! Anyway, jokes aside we're not trying to be "inspired" by 5e. Unless there are limitations due to the fact that we're a video game (example: Longbow range, no one wants to be sniped from 20 screens away), we're trying to stick to what's available in the SRD. So bless should give you +hit, otherwise that means something's bugged.

Object interaction / Weapon swapping is more early implementation, so we're not committed in leaving it as free action.

Remove ads

Remove ads