D&D General Gameplay Trailer of 5E-Powered Solasta: Crown of the Magister Video Game

The folks making the 5th Edition powered Solasta: Crown of the Magister video game have released a gameplay trailer, and boy does it looks good. They launch their Kickstarter tomorrow, Tuesday 3rd September.

I chatted to the developers about the game a couple of weeks ago. I'll update this post with the Kickstarter link when it launches.

I'm definitely seeing what they mean by 'verticality' - look at the positions of the four characters in the screenshot below.

Screenshot 2019-09-02 at 21.16.29.png

Screenshot 2019-09-02 at 21.17.52.png

Last edited:

Esker

Hero
So unfortunately we've already our hands full making the game for PC, so Mac & Linux will have to wait (we do want to add support later if we can though).

Oh, I wasn't even remotely expecting native Linux support. I was just wondering if anybody had had any success getting it to run through Wine. (That'd help out @Morrus too)

Zaukrie

New Publisher
This time I got into the first orc camp, and could not get the camera to show me where I was at all. Clearly I don't understand how to use it. I really want to back this, but if you can end up not being able to see where you are, no chance.

Myzzrym

Explorer
Camera fix is now live, make sure you read the article to know how to update the demo:

Zaukrie

New Publisher
The new camera is much better. Still don't know how to see what is in front of me......

The team fell entering the cave after the first orc camp. The fighter seemed to be hanging, and I think I had no path anywhere.

Larrin

Entropic Good
Camera is much improved.

I had a repeat of the flaming hands just going off in the direction the mage was facing when I selected the spell from the list, but I also had it work properly. The failure nuked my cleric and lead to a TPK though :p Had a similar problem when I tried to use the scroll of fireball, it went off when I confirmed I wanted to use the item.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases