D&D General Gameplay Trailer of 5E-Powered Solasta: Crown of the Magister Video Game

The folks making the 5th Edition powered Solasta: Crown of the Magister video game have released a gameplay trailer, and boy does it looks good. They launch their Kickstarter tomorrow, Tuesday 3rd September.

The folks making the 5th Edition powered Solasta: Crown of the Magister video game have released a gameplay trailer, and boy does it looks good. They launch their Kickstarter tomorrow, Tuesday 3rd September.

I chatted to the developers about the game a couple of weeks ago. I'll update this post with the Kickstarter link when it launches.

I'm definitely seeing what they mean by 'verticality' - look at the positions of the four characters in the screenshot below.

Screenshot 2019-09-02 at 21.16.29.png

Screenshot 2019-09-02 at 21.17.52.png

ccooke

Adventurer
The camera is annoying, still - I really want to be able to change the viewing angle so that I can see what's ahead - but the system looks to be very well implemented. I like how reactions were handled, too.
Backed :-D

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
I've suggested this to several of my friends and they've all liked it.

Also, why doesn't the Kickstarter allow you to pay with PayPal?

sim-h

Explorer
The camera is annoying, still - I really want to be able to change the viewing angle so that I can see what's ahead - but the system looks to be very well implemented. I like how reactions were handled, too.
Backed :-D
Myzzrym, this is what I've been saying and some others have too - can you put some resource into getting the viewing angle a little closer to horizontal? Pretty please :)

I've suggested this to several of my friends and they've all liked it.

Also, why doesn't the Kickstarter allow you to pay with PayPal?
Because PayPal doesn't have any support for holding a pledge and only charging it after the Kickstarter is successfully funded. Some Kickstarter campaigns collect funds from PayPal on the side, but they only do this after the funding goal has been met.

Myzzrym

Explorer
We've had some friends telling us they had issues with Paypal during Kickstarter too, stating that Paypal would take the money from the users but freeze the funds until the project has been delivered... years later.

Considering the funds are needed for development, that ends up being quite messy - which is why we opted not to open a Paypal on the side.

For the horizontal camera there's a huge blocker: We would need to work on the ceilings / sky, which is adding a severe amount of workload. The current angle allows us to only work on what can be seen, so we can focus on making more levels and on the "gameplay" area (rather than spending time on beautifying places you can't go to).

jeffh

Adventurer
Backing it, but I notice the Kickstarter page doesn't actually seem to mention 5E. Any special reason for that? Just lack of an official license? To what extent is it actually "5E-powered"?

Remove ads

Remove ads