• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gamer Grrls

Snoweel

First Post
LurkerFreak said:
The half dressed hottie character can work. Flash your male opposition and while they're standing there with their tongues hanging out, have your rogue buddy stick a blade in their kidneys.

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY. JOKING.

Joking huh?

You'd be a damn sight funnier if you didn't feel the need to qualify your sense of humour.

Last edited:

Nikodemos

First Post
Chaos_Kitten said:
I find when I play D&D and other d20 roleplaying games I tend to have difficulty with some of the male gamers. They expect me to play some sexed sorceress in barely there clothes or a fighter chick in a chainmail bikini.

Life to you, Chaos Kitten. And everlasting glory.

The problem is as has been mentioned immature players, and of course the lack of female players in general. I have been playing for nearly 20 years and in this time the club I go to has had 7 female players. I do not generally get to meet many female players except at conventions. And of course alot of the female players that came to the club were girlfriends or wives. And tended to be newbies, this was not true of all of them, but that is generally how it works.

I hope you find a better set of players in the future or that you can show them the error of their ways.

Yours Niko

In the supposed 'real world' find a sword and run them through 'tel they stop. Or find a new group, only solutions I can think of.
PS: get help from DM if posible
PPS: never had run ins with this.

mythago

Hero
dvvega said:
However even in one of my current groups where my wife plays, you can see the male stupidity kick in (and yes we males generally act stupid around women don't deny it). We've been gaming together as a group for nearly 10 years and they still ignore her ideas and tactics, even laughing at her sometimes. She's proven that she can handle herself many times and even solved tactical situations, however it's not good enough for them.
No offense intended, but why do either of you put up with this?

Snoweel

First Post
mythago said:
No offense intended, but why do either of you put up with this?

You're not from Australia dude - you'd never understand.

It seems that growing up in Oz, everybody - both men and women - are indoctrinated into the whole let's-see-how-far-we-can-push-each-other-until-one-of-us-snaps-and-loses-face culture that seems to be a universally exclusive trait of Aussies. Sydneysiders in particular.

Which is why most foreigners (except Canadians for some reason) tend to return home telling people "Sydney? Yeah it's a beautiful place but the locals are so rude!"

I think of it as kind of a nationwide in-joke.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads