• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gamer Love Life

the Jester

Legend
Recently I realized that one of the biggest things I want in a woman is to be able to share gaming fun with her.

In other words, being a gamer is almost on my list of must-haves in a relationship now.

Too many times, the women I've dated or been in relationships with have just plain not been able to relate to the amount of time and energy I spend on gaming related activities. A gamer girl would understand, and not interfere! She'd be supportive, hopefully cuz she'd be in the game! :)

Sigh... don't know any gamer girls who are single and stuff, though.

Album Cover X

First Post
I think you might be looking for the Holy Grail, Jester ;)

I'm picking up what you're laying down for I've seen too many friends and fellow gamers plagued by SO's that were anti-gaming. Makes for having any semblance of a regular game difficult when others basically work against you. Good luck in your search... I wish you well.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Yeah. when we find a gamer woman, we snatch her up as quick as possible.

They are indeed a great treasure. Especially those that cook for the group.

Bless them.

Last edited:

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Bwah-ha-ha.

Jester - once you find her, marry her.

I did.

Now we are raising a new generation of gamers. Heck, our eldest is planning a pick-up game of D&D at GenCon.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
I'm not really looking for a gamer girl per se, anymore. There's only one in our area that I know of and I've already dated her. And like the horse on Ren & Stimpy, I gotta say "no sir, don't like it". She was a redhead, too, blast! ha ha

Now, as long as I can get a girl who'll put up with a severe Anglophile. ;)

Last edited:

Eosin the Red

First Post
As a married fella let me offer some oats to chew on. If you hide your gaming hobby from her (or him) in the beginning of the relationship then you are asking for later problems. After the third or fourth date with my wife she asked about going out on a saturday night and I said "I game with my buddies on saturdays, we been doing it for 15 years, how bout we get together on sunday?"

Now as a married man - my wife knows that gaming is important to me but takes a back seat to birthday parties, annaverseries, holidays and other special occasions. The nice part is while she does not like games, she does not resent me or gaming. It simply is a part of our life, like exersize, work, or watching TV.

talinthas

First Post
having a girlfriend who shares your hobbies is a wonderful thing. Having a girlfriend who can regularly whomp you in settlers of catan, or any boardgame for that matter, is even better =)

We celebrated our fourth anniversary together on memorial day, and her third year in my dragonlance campaign =)

diaglo

Adventurer
Jester,

you've met my wife. she doesn't game.

you just need to find someone who is understanding of your hobby. and your love of pugs. ;)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
HellHound said:
Jester - once you find her, marry her.

Yea and verily, this is good advice.

Btw, anyone know where I can get burgundy and gold dice inexpensively? My gamer grrl and I are thinking of using some as favors at the gamers tables at our wedding....

Remove ads