Games you want to play but can't

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
My limiting factor isn't what the rest of my group will play. They'll play virtually anything I'm interested in running.

So, the limiting factor in what I play is... that I don't get to play, because games don't happen unless I run them.

innerdude

Legend
My limiting factor isn't what the rest of my group will play. They'll play virtually anything I'm interested in running.

So, the limiting factor in what I play is... that I don't get to play, because games don't happen unless I run them.

Thankfully I don't have this problem.......if anything, I have the opposite. Two of my group "regulars" are more than willing to GM, and one of them actually runs his own Savage Worlds game on the side. Then there's my "alternate" group, where 3 of the 4 are willing to run, but I only really trust one of them to run the type of game I enjoy. So if the one I trust is running, I'll often join them, but generally he only runs when it's something he's really "burning" to run, so he generally only runs about once every 4 years. (They'll generally let me run if I ask, though due to family I can only really do one game at a time.)

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
L5R. It was one of the main games my college group played but none of the folks from home are familiar with it. I could run it for them and I'm sure they'd give it a try but I have no passion for running games, so it wouldn't last long.

Ars Magica and Warhammer Fantasy. Got my group to play them both at different times in the past, but they seem to have developed some sort of allergic reaction to both. "It's too complicated!" they say on the former; "Playing a Bone Picker with leprosy who's down by one arm by the first 20 minutes is too miserable!" they say on the later.

Pfff

steenan

Adventurer
Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine.

The game looks very fun, but I just can't find people who'd like to play it. The mix of strange mechanics, strange setting and manga-like aesthetics scares people away.

Mishihari Lord

First Post
My main limiter is time, not group, so I'll just list a couple I've always wanted to play but never gotten to

Shadowrun
Ars Magica
Blue Planet
The One Ring
Amber
Exalted

Remove ads