Gaming w/Jemal 4E: Past Tense

Zweischneid

First Post
"I doubt it Ash! It is just the strain from our long sleep that has you weakend!" Ruthear encourages the Eladrin Warrior to stay tough. "These creature's bite stings worse than it truly is."

Pocketing his rod, the Tiefling carves into the closest Snake-being with his serrated blade, barking short commands at Verity.
"Over there! Assist Illian if needed!"

[sblock=OOC]
(minor action)
Stash away the rod, switch to two-handed (free)

(minor action)
Inspiring Word for Ash, allowing her one free surge + (1d6=3)

(Standard Action)
Wolf Pack tactic vs. #2, exploiting the flank with Keira, allowing Verity to shift one sq. for free (would suggest up-and-left).

Wolf Pack tactic +2 (flank) vs. AC (Creature #2), Damage (versatile) (1d20+14=27, 1d10+8=13)

[/sblock][sblock=shortstat Ruthear]
Code:
Hit points : [COLOR="Yellow"]51[/COLOR] of 60; Bloodied at 30; Surges used: 0

[U]Defenses:[/U]
AC   :   [B]22[/B]
Fort :   [B]19[/B] 
Ref  :   [B]18[/B] 
Will :   [B]17[/B]
Resistance (Fire)     :  [B]8[/B]
Resistance (Necrotic) :  [B]5[/B]
Resistance (Poison)   :  [B]5[/B]

[U]Powers & Effects[/U]
+2 Initiative; self and ally (Combat Leader)
+2 to attack rolls for using action points; ally (Tactical presence)
[s][COLOR="Yellow"]Deathcut Hide[/COLOR][/s] [COLOR="Yellow"](?? Have I expended my Item daily? Wasn't in the combat summary![/COLOR]
[/sblock]

Bialaska

First Post
[SBLOCK=DM stuff/combat]Since #3 didn't attack Keira it had -2 to hit and took 7 damage (3+charisma modifier) due to the Divine Challenge used on it.

HP 59/59
AC 24
Fort 21
Ref 18
Will 21

Actions:
Move: Shift 1 to the right (to get in base contact with 2, 3 and 4
Minor action: Divine challenge on 3
Standard action: Valiant Strike (1d20 15=17, 1d10 6=16) on 3[/SBLOCK]

"Fight me, foul beast!" Keira exclaims as her chosen target fights the Eladrin rather than her. With that exclamation she steps forward and swings her blade against the same foe once again.

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=edit: fixed movement]I don't think I can move diagonally on the "free shift from Ruthear", IIRC you can't diagonal over difficult terrain without paying the extra cost. I've adjusted the movement slightly.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]You're right about divine glow. Been running it wrong in my games.[/sblock]

Verity ducks away from combat at Ruthear's practiced nod [shift up with Ruthear's tactics].

Easy enough to dispatch the creature, Verity begins to summon one of his most powerful magics.... No... conserve, this may just be a test.

Verity creates an illusion of swirling spectral assailants that swarm over the creature attacking Illian [illusory ambush on #1].
ooc: 26 vs will, 11 psychic damage and creature #1 is -2 to attack until Verity's next turn.

The illusionist moves further west, trying to improve his position. [see map]

Always seek the unseen. Verity tries to carefully scan the area around him for any sign of observers or other foes. [minor: Perception = 15]

[sblock=Graf's map]
v = position after shifted
V= position after move
1 = attacked creature

..x....x......
...X....XX....
........XX...x
..Xx..........
...........X..
.....X........
.....xx.....x.
...X...x......
...I1.
Vvr.....
.x..xxx.23...
....xXxK.A..x.
....xx..R4....
.xx.........XX
.....x......XX

#'s=Creatures X=Tree .=empty space x=bush(light concealment, hampered terrain)
K=Keira I=Illian A=Ash V=Verity R=Ripper r=Ruthear
[/sblock]

[sblock=Verity short Block]
Defenses 19or21/17/21/22 +2 to saves (if bloodied)
Hit points 43/43 B: 21 --- surge 10hp (7/day)
AP 1

Initiative +3 Passive Perception 22 ✦ Passive Insight 22

Dailies
:area:Phantom Chasm(standard)✦ Arcane, Illusion, Implement
:ranged:Phantasmal Assailant (standard) ✦ Arcane, Illusion, Implement
Expeditious Retreat (move) ✦ Arcane
Invisibility (standard) ✦ Arcane, Illusion
Healing Word (minor) ✦ Divine, Healing
Cloak of Resistance (minor) ✦ Item
Spider Climb(move) ✦ Item

Potion of Healing (move ; daily) ✦ Consumable, Healing, Item x 3

Encounters
Orb of Imposition (free!) ✦ Arcane, Implement
:area:Maze of Mirrors (standard) ✦ Arcane, Illusion, Implement
:close: Divine Glow (standard) ✦ Divine, Implement (HS), Radiant

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
Illian moves away from the beast, trying to dodge its reaction, his form like shadowed by leaves and branches, despite him being in the open. He then urses the creature near Ripper, while his hands shine with emerald light, and both unleash rays of eldritch energy.

[sblock=ooc] Illian will trigger an attack of opportunity, but this round his defeces are:
AC 25 (rod of dark reward+ concealment+darkleaf armor
For 20
Ref 22
Will 23

Illian moves three squares down, one down-right; curses 4, then shoots eldritch rain at 1 and 4; 16 vs ref, 23 dmg (curse) vs 1; 22 vs ref, 14 dmg vs 4 [/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]*Not dead, just in a temporary coma. ;) Apologies, I haven't been feeling well lately, but I'm good and here we go.*[/sblock]
[sblock=Initiative order]
Ash
Ripper
Ruthear
Verity
Keira
Illian
Creatures(DM Update)[/sblock]

Even as the beasts surround her, Ash returns the favour, flanking one of them with Ruthear and stabbing violently with her spear, slashing along its ribcage as it howls in anger and pain. Using the momentary distraction, Ripper leaps from cover and assaults the one behind Ash, thrusting his dagger into it's back.

Ruthear meanwhile continues to call out support and tactics while taking his own attack upon one of the creatures, striking solidly. At Ruthear's notice, Verity steps away from the fight and sends his illusory swarm to aid Illian, assaulting the beasts mind.

Keira moves after the one that had ignored her, bent on changing its mind, though it evades her strike.

Illian flees the creature he'd been facing, its jaws rip a chunk of his sleeve as he passes, catching skin. He continues on though, and unleashes blasts at two of the creatures, striking one of them painfully.

Battered but not down, the creatures hiss and movein for the kill. The one that had been facing Illian turns to the now-closest threat, Verity, and leaps at him. Even through its addled brain, it's aim proves true and it bites into his arm. The other three turn in unison to Keira, seeming almost to smile as they simultaneously pounce upon her. It would seem she's gotten her wish.

[sblock=ooc]
Atanatotatos - Just a couple problems with your listed AC. First, you've allready used the +2 from darkleaf armour, it's only the first attack on you in each encounter. Secondly, the rod of dark reward doesn't give you the +1 ac until you DO the curse, which is at the END of your move (after the AoO). Your AC is only 22 vs the AoO, going up to 23 after the curse is placed.
Also, since your first attack missed, I applied your curse damage to the second.

Graf - Correct, you can't shift over difficult terrain b/c it counts as 2 squares.

RE: Marks - I got confused last round b/c of both Ash and Keira marking, sorry bout that. I've added the 7 damage to the creature, and it's attack would've still hit with the -2. Also, note that you've both marked #3 this turn. Since Keira's happens second, it overwrites Ash's.

Attack of Opportunity (-2) (1d20+8=23, 1d8+5=10) vs Illian as he moves.
vs Verity (1d20+8=27, 1d8+5=8) Sry dude, rolled 19.
Attacks vs Keira (1d20+12=31, 1d8+5=6, 1d20+12=32, 1d8+5=9, 1d20+10=13, 1d8+5=10)
Crit (1d8=8)
AC 31 for 6(hit), AC 32 for 9+8 =17(CRIT), AC 13 for 10(miss)

ROUND INFO:
Total Creature Damage: C1=30(Cursed, -2 atk); C2=23; C3=38(Bloodied, Marked: Keira); C4=42(Cursed, Bloodied)
Players damaged this turn : Illian (10), Verity (8), Keira (23)

Code:
..x....x......
...X....XX....
........XX...x
..Xx..........
...........X..
.....X........
.....xx.....x.
...X...x......
.....1V.r.....
.x..xxx2.3...
....xXx.K.A.x.
....xxx.R4....
.xx.I.......XX
.....x......XX
#'s=Creatures X=Tree .=empty space x=bush(light concealment, hampered terrain)
K=Keira I=Illian A=Ash V=Verity R=Ripper r=Ruthear
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Yeah you're right sbout the armor, i had forgotten Illian was already attacked once. Also, the rod of dark reward's effect lasts until the START of the turn, so yeah, 22. Not that it would make a difference since the roll was 23...[/sblock]

Remove ads