Gaming w/Jemal 4E: Past Tense

Bialaska

First Post
"Well, I guess we are in agreement then, let us find these Dwarves, perhaps they know where our weapons and armor can be found and perhaps they know a way to restore our former strength, the many years of inaction has made my reflexes slower and my aim is not as precise as it was." the Knight comments as she sets her horse in motion.

Jemal

Adventurer
Seeing nothing along the coastline or out at sea other than nature itself is both peaceful and disturbing, but Verity shakes it off with a sigh as they move on. As they move through the area where the city once was, they find many rocks, and areas which seem to have hard stone foundations - It's obvious after searching for a few moments that while a city once stood here, these are the only remnants.

Continuing on, the group travels for a few hours without hearing or seeing anything larger than a rabbit. Then the lady Keira's faithful mountbegins to whinny, snorting and stamping its hoof. Once he's calmed, you realize that the surrounding forest is deathly quiet...

[sblock=ooc]
Perception checks, reactions, and party formation please.
The area you're currently travelling through is more widely spaced than the area around the hill, with room for Keira to move around mounted.
[/sblock]

Zweischneid

First Post
The crimson serrated Tiefling blade resting casually on a shoulderpad of his black armour, and the rune-encrusted rod rotating playfully in his right hand, Ruthear halts his step and and looks around².
"Awfully quiet all of a sudden. Don't you think?"

[sblock=²rolls]Perception (untrained) (1d20+4=10)
[/sblock][sblock=random ooc]Ruthear will try to stay more or less in the middle/center of the group so he can help out coordinate everyone and use his powers to best effect (like +2 Initiative for everyone within 10 sq.)

Initiative should it be needed: Initiative (1d20+6=8)

Also, I think I've got a horse written down in the Equipment too.. guess I forgot it somewhere ;)
[/sblock][sblock=shortstat Ruthear]
Hit points : 60 of 60; Bloodied at 30; Surges used: 0

Defenses:
AC: 22
Fort: 19
Ref: 18
Will: 17
Resistance (Fire) : 8
Resistance (Necrotic) : 5
Resistance (Poison) : 5

Powers & Effects
+2 Initiative; self and ally (Combat Leader)
+2 to attack rolls for using action points; ally (Tactical presence)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=perception]12

try nature check to notice something unusual: 18
[/sblock]

Yes, very silent around here... Comments Illian, his rod in his hand...

[sblock=fast stats] Hit points : 53 of 53; Bloodied at 26; Surges: 9
Initiative:+4 (+6 because of Ruthear)

Defenses:
AC: 20 (22 vs first attack in encounter; +1 when used curse)
Fort: 18
Ref: 20
Will: 21
[/sblock]

[sblock=formation] I think this could be a good one:
Ash -space- Ruthear
Ripper-Verity-Illian
Keira
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
Perception 23 (and if it comes up Init 7)
[sblock=OOC:Formation]Ata's suggestion works for me. Ripper is probably a bit further away.
I wouldn't like to be too clumped up, a space in between each character?[/sblock]

The wizard slips his hand into one of his voluminous sleeves, tugging out his precious orb. Remember for us only a few hours have passed, but it has been many years. We must guard against unwise assumptions about what the futur.... er, the present holds.

[sblock=Verity short Block]
Defenses 19or21/17/21/22 +2 to saves (if bloodied)
Hit points 43/43 B: 21 --- surge 10hp (7/day)
AP 1

Initiative +3 Passive Perception 22 ✦ Passive Insight 22

Dailies
:area:Phantom Chasm(standard)✦ Arcane, Illusion, Implement
:ranged:Phantasmal Assailant (standard) ✦ Arcane, Illusion, Implement
Expeditious Retreat (move) ✦ Arcane
Invisibility (standard) ✦ Arcane, Illusion
Healing Word (minor) ✦ Divine, Healing
Cloak of Resistance (minor) ✦ Item
Spider Climb(move) ✦ Item

Potion of Healing (move ; daily) ✦ Consumable, Healing, Item x 3

Encounters
Orb of Imposition (free!) ✦ Arcane, Implement
:area:Maze of Mirrors (standard) ✦ Arcane, Illusion, Implement
:close: Divine Glow (standard) ✦ Divine, Implement (HS), Radiant

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Bialaska

First Post
Keira takes her position near the back, pulling out her sword from it's sheath, while keeping up her shield, ready to defend herself and the party.

[SBLOCK=Short stats]HP 59
AC 24
Fort 21
Ref 18
Will 21[/SBLOCK]

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=initiative order]
Keira
Illian
Creatures*
Ash*
Ripper*
Ruthear
Verity*
*=Can act on surprise round
[/sblock]
Ash, Ripper, and Verity see them first... Horrible creatures straight from a nightmare, moving like shadows through the forest. Four forms dart from behind nearby trees, rushing the party. Two of them charge Lady Keira, jaws snapping hungrily at her, while the others attack Illian and Ruthear. Now that they've come out into the open, accompanied by a loud rattling/hissing noise, you can get a better look at them. They are snake-like, with a single pair of strong legs, each stands about 4 feet tall, 8 feet long, and appear covered in black, chittinous plating. They have no visible eyes, ears or nose, just a gaping mouth full of vicious teeth.

[sblock=ooc]
OK, just to be clear, I'll be rolling initiatives for you from now on, to help speed things up a bit. (Those that've allready rolled keep their init for this combat)
[/sblock]
[sblock=combat]
Combat starts with the creatures unaware of Ripper, but aware of everyone else. Ripper, Ash, and Verity are aware of the creatures.
Code:
..x....x......
...X....XX....
........XX...x
..Xx..........
...........X..
.....X........
.....xx.....x.
...X...x......
......A.r1....
.x..xxRVI2...
....xXxK3...x.
....xxx.4.....
.xx.........XX
.....x......XX
#'s=Creatures X=Tree .=empty space x=bush(light concealment, hampered terrain)
K=Keira I=Illian A=Ash V=Verity R=Ripper r=Ruthear

Initiative rolls: Illian; Ash (1d20+6=17, 1d20+9=16)
Initiative(Keira, things) (1d20+4=24, 1d20+5=16)
Perception (1d20+9=21) for them to spot Ripper (Fail) *Though keep in mind the cover in this area is VERY light. You're basically sprinting from tree to tree*

Attacks: 1d20+10=22, 1d8+5=9, 1d20+10=13, 1d8+5=9, 1d20+10=20, 1d8+5=7, 1d20+10=29, 1d8+5=8
Ruthear takes 9 damage.
Keira takes 8 damage.
Ash, Ripper, and Verity get surprise round actions, and then Keira and Illian start the normal round. After that I'll update the Creatures, and we'll just cycle (Players/Monsters).[/sblock]

Remove ads