• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 1

Walking Dad

First Post
Frost

"Will we get... you know... a false identity? I will have maybe some difficulties with passports and maybe some of the other will, too."
Frost asks uncomfortably.

[sblock=OOC]

----
Frost

HP 1

conditions: normal

defenses:
DODGE 7 (1)
PARRY 7 (1)
FORTITUDE 9 (7)
TOUGHNESS 12 (10 Impervious)
WILL 8 (6)

Immunity (poison, disease, crit, suffocation, cold)

[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Inside the folders you are handed are new Identities for those of you who need them, and a few pages of information on the woman.

According to the reports, the woman - named Laura Vioricta - is on the run from the Brazilian government, who have taken a negative response to Meta-Humans just as Phoenix said, and have been hunting them down to 'ensure the safety of the public'. It is unknown why Laura is there in the first place.

There is a brief description but no photo - A beautiful woman in her early twenties with long black hair and very distinctive red eyes.

Her primary mutation is a contact-based life-absorption, a side effect of which has granted her super-human strength, reflexes, senses, and healing.
It is believed that thus far her use of her ability has been either accidental or in self defense. She is to be considered dangerous, but not hostile.

jkason

First Post
Terry Quinlan aka The Grid

"So, we don't want to get too close," Terry says as he flips through the brief. "If she's using this power on instinct, that means she doesn't necessarily have control. We don't know the specific trigger, and we don't want to be holding her hand if we find it.

"I don't suppose we know if there's any special substance that blocks this leeching effect? Offering a scared young woman a suit that keeps her from hurting people might get us off on the right foot."

Jemal

Adventurer
The documents say nothing about blocking the power, though you surmise that such a thing would require study, which can't be done without the subject in question.

Shayuri

First Post
"I don't have to touch her," Cassandra mumurs, rubbing her eyes. "Maybe I should concentrate on her, and you guys focus on the guys after her."

Walking Dad

First Post
Frost

"Great. Now I have much more knowledge of her capabilities than of any of yours. We should talk about them sometime."
Frost says and sighs.

[sblock=OOC]

----
Frost

HP 1

conditions: normal

defenses:
DODGE 7 (1)
PARRY 7 (1)
FORTITUDE 9 (7)
TOUGHNESS 12 (10 Impervious)
WILL 8 (6)

Immunity (poison, disease, crit, suffocation, cold)

[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Uomo turns on his small computer, and starts typing an email, in an encrypted code to send to Gryphon. In this email he tells him about James, the brazilian woman they are going after, and this hive minded person. He also contacts other on his network, searching for information on the mutant girl and the old man, asking about shared consciousness, and "man in Manhattan" as the old guy quote. Someone had to know something. After making his personal research, Uomo turns and smiles empathically to the others. "What an adventure!"

Insight (To interpret what he founds): 17
Technology (Benefit: Cipher, Benefit: Security clearance): 21
Investigation (Connected and Contacts advantage): 23

Jemal

Adventurer
Uomo gets to work on his computer, taking some time to inform Gryphon and try to find out what he can. He discovers that the 'hive mind' personality has been encountered before. It is an old mutation, known cases cropping up for a couple hundred years. The 'members' of the hive mind tend to pass on their memories on death, ensuring the 'survival' of each part of the hive, and making those who are a part of it extremely well informed and dangerous. None have ever been captured or come to either Gryphon or Drake. It is the speculation that all 'hive mind metas' are joined to the same hive, though it is also possible that there are multiple 'hives'.

As for the girl, all the information Uomo can find correlates with the files he received from Phoenix - although he does find a photograph a few years old from her high school, which he notes happened to be the same Metro city high school that was the center of the terrorist attack over a year ago. In fact, further digging reveals that she had visited the school after graduating - On the same day as the terrorist attack. The same day Frost and Cassandra had been there. That was the last day she was seen in the United States, and she is currently wanted for questioning in relation to the attack, just as Frost is, but her presence was not public information (OOC: Security Clearance ftw).

There seems to be something very significant about that particular attack, and those who were present that day, that much is clear, but Uomo can't quite figure it out.. Perhaps together they could discover if it was by design or simple accident.

[sblock=ooc]
Also for future reference, how much each of the others PC's know about you is up to you, but I would suggest (As WD just did) figuring out what information your characters have on each other, either IC or at the very least talking about it OOC so there's no confusion in the future. You have a long flight ahead of you, so there's plenty of time to get to know each other.
Uomo would already know a fair bit about each of the other three on his team.

Speaking of which, VV, don't forget when trying to send encrypted messages that you have a very talented (And slightly famous) Hacker sitting beside you. I'm sure the Grid would assist if asked, and that would make your searches/communications far more secure (both from a Story/Fluff PoV and b/c he has better computer skills).

Also don't forget you guys can Aid each other in such endeavors if you wish, anybody who has applicable skills.

Finally, two questions:
A: do you guys want to do some RPing on the flight.
B: Any more questions?
Otherwise I'll fast forward to the meet with the contact in my next post.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Sorry, I actually assumed we'd been briefed on each others' abilities before we left, as part of basic mission prep. Terry certainly isn't concerned with masking his abilities from other metas in the group, at least.

Unless folks have more ideas on planning, I'd say we can fast-forward.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Uomo shares the information he had just gained. "Perhaps some of you that were present the day of the terrorist attack could bring more light to this matter. This person appears to be related to the attack in some way, and my access to security reports confirm this. You are also present there and in the media, but this person appears to have been stripped out of official reports." Uomo explains. "Could you care to think about this, and if it makes any sense? Tell me about that day, perhaps remembering that will trigger some flashback memories." the man suggests, having dropped out his Russian façade.

OOC: I'm aware of his hacker abilities, but making him encrypt a private mail would mean he could read it. And Uomo doesn't want that. So he'll trust him on searching info but not on stuff he sends to Gryphon. Is it possible to combine Uomo's benefits, like Security clearance with Grid's hacking abilities?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads