• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 1

Jemal

Adventurer
Neither Frost nor Cass remember anything about the woman, though it WAS a rather hectic day. Cass does remember one of the agents she met on site though, another mutant who was able to sense metas and their powers. He was the one who helped most of them escape, and set Cass down the path that led her to Gryphon. She knows him only as JC, though he did ask her to not tell anybody about him.

[sblock=ooc]
Don't forget Grid's been working for Gryphon for a while too. And yes, one character can 'loan' use of a benefit/feat to another if the two are working together on something and it makes sense.(Giving security access to a hacker, using fame to help get an investigator into a normally closed area to do their detective thing, etc). Benefits don't have to be exclusive to the character who has them, IE a wealthy character could give money to others, it doesn't have to all be spent on himself (Unless he's also greedy. ;))
If loaning use of a benefit/feat to another character seems to make sense and you can describe it, then I doubt I'll have a problem with it.. If I do with a specific combination, I'll mention it when it comes up.

Edit: Just thought of something - It's basically another form of Aid Another, but instead of aiding with a complimentary skill, you're aiding by providing use of a feat.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Uomo scratches his head. "Well, we know something else although not complete. I guess we'll have to wait until we get to Brazil to assess how things are there." he concludes and rests his back comfortably in the seat. The big man grins. "It's been a while since I didn't go into the field. Working behind curtains has it's thing, but there's nothing like the excitement of going on a dangerous mission to give these old bones a shake."

Walking Dad

First Post
Frost

Frost still knows near to nothing about his new allies...

[sblock=OOC]

And I assumed we didn't get a briefing. Frost surely never told anyone what he can do exactly. How could the others be briefed on him.
What did Uomo tell anyone for instance? Can I just assume I know everything VV posted in the RG? That seems somehow unlikely.

I think it would also be a nice role-playing opportunity and we could do some in-game tactics talk what to do in further combat encounters.

----

If no one else is interested, I'm fine with a story jump to the next airport.

----

Frost

HP 1

conditions: normal

defenses:
DODGE 7 (1)
PARRY 7 (1)
FORTITUDE 9 (7)
TOUGHNESS 12 (10 Impervious)
WILL 8 (6)

Immunity (poison, disease, crit, suffocation, cold)

[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"I remember the attack on the school," Cassandra says, thinking back. "I don't remember a girl with those powers. There were others there besides me who had powers...including one of the terrorists...but I didn't see anyone who could do that. Of course, she could have been somewhere I wasn't. I didn't see everything...especially in the beginning I had to be careful about getting involved."

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
Personally I'm with WD, It's a good RP opportunity, and a way to figure out how your characters are going to work together.

As far as what people would know from prior briefing - Uomo knows a fair bit about Cass and Terry b/c they work for Gryphon, and they know about each other b/c they've worked together. Beyond that, it's up to you guys what you have told/will tell each other.

In any case, if you wish to skip to Landing in brazil, please post such, until 3 people have done so(Or nobody posts for a while) I'll assume we're still in open RP mode.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Uomo nods to himself. Then, realization dawns in his face. "I haven't told you much about myself did I?" he asks, knowing his comment of 'behind curtains' had fall into deaf ears. He gets close to Grid before continuing. "Check for 'bugs' for this old man, would you bambini?" he asks. Grid feels like he's on a gangster's film of the 30's. This Uomo man has a lot of that on him, he's wearing a long trenchcoat, wide rimmed hat, and although he's dress in a 'standard' forma suit, those knowledgeable can notice he's wearing the type of tie, shoes and shirt that was used back then. Perhaps that's why it feels so like... a mobster. That, and the Italian words.

>>Assuming nothing was found<<

"Well, I've worked with Gryphon for quite some time now, I'm in a good position in the organization, and so, away from the shaky life of a field agent, cappice? I'm Mr. Gryphon's right hand if you have to know, so I might be giving some orders to you, just disregard them, I'm too used to be in charge; Haha!" the big man laughs. He lets a moment pass, and then
"So Frost, I take you have some sort of..." Uomo waves his fingers "Temperature altering abilities, am I right?"

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Frost

"Wished that were the whole story. My full body is permanently frozen, yet flexible. I cannot just stopping my powers to pretend to be 'normal'. At least my body is pretty resistant.
The other half is right, I 'project' cold, create objects from ice and build sliding ramps for myself."
Frost explains.

[sblock=OOC]

----

Frost

HP 1

conditions: normal

defenses:
DODGE 7 (1)
PARRY 7 (1)
FORTITUDE 9 (7)
TOUGHNESS 12 (10 Impervious)
WILL 8 (6)

Immunity (poison, disease, crit, suffocation, cold)

[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Well, I know who I'm I going to give my drink to hold, that's for sure, haha!" jokes the man again. "So out of curiosity...." Uomo approaches to Frost and pinches him in the arm, as to try the texture of Frost's flesh.

jkason

First Post
Terry Quinlan, The Grid

Terry raises an incredulous eyebrow as Uomo starts calling him pet names, then shrugs.

"I'm a hacker first," Terry says to Frost, "But it turns out I'm a better hacker because, as it turns out, computers can actually talk to me." He looks up to the ceiling of the plane, his eyes glazing a bit as he sends out Ollie Ollie Oxen free! Any surveillance devices hiding about? he cocks his head to listen for a response.

OOC: Using Comprehend Machines ability

Jemal

Adventurer
Terry does find a device, a small hidden camera near the cockpit, but it's not watching them, it's just there to keep an eye on who's coming and going from the cockpit. It has an important job aren't you proud of the good job it's doing?

Terry can feel that if the Camera were a guard dog(an apt analogy, actually), it would be wagging its tail in anticipation.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads