Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 3: Fallout

jkason

First Post
"Great," Grid mutters under his breath. "It's not enough you're evil. You have to pun, too."

However much he might snark, though, Grid was clear on the fact that anyone who had both he and Genie on the ropes wasn't someone to mess with. But he'd gotten them both separately. If they could work together...

Instead of trying to batter his way out the slammed door, Grid tried to turn his attention to Genie's prison. He was probably opening himself up to something, but the way he figured it, if he didn't get some help around here, he wasn't likely to last long, anyway.

"Crappy circumstances, but good to see you again, G. What say you push, I pull?"

[sblock=ooc]Not sure if she's actually in a position to provide aid in her own release, but just in case, a Persuasion roll if I need it to overcome her fear:

Persuasion (gain aid from Genie). (1d20+7=24)

Then the attempt to get her out of her cage so Grid will have some backup. Before any modifiers if he actually got Genie to help:

Free Genie? (1d20+20=33)[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"This is no good. I'm not the kind of guy that goes guns ablaze, but we need to give Grid some distraction so he can get back from wherever he is. There is a time for planning and a time for action" Uomo says. "Been some time since I said this, and at that time I had this in my hand." Uomo draws an ornate roman broad sword. "Charge!" and he runs down the corridor, towards the two guards that Enoch detected. He would simply stab them in the gut, nothing too fancy.

OOC: Ok, I'm using my power: "I'm an immortal, so whatever" and charge head first into battle. His speech is meant to give everyone a +2 on all checks (by use of inspire 2). He is using his sword, +13 to attack, dc 24 19-20 critical range.

Walking Dad

First Post
Frost

Frost follows Uomo's lead. Using his ability to see heat patterns he tries to overcome one guard with a volley of razor sharp ice blades.

[sblock=OOC]

Ranged damage 11 effect. Taking a routine action (I hope the guards are minions) and hitting Dodge 19 with a 2 point power attack. The toughness DC should be 28.

----

Frost

HP 3

conditions: fine

defenses:
DODGE 7
PARRY 7
FORTITUDE 10
TOUGHNESS 15 (15 Impervious)
WILL 9

Immunity (aging, hunger & thirst, poison, disease, crit, suffocation, cold)

[/sblock]

Voidrazor

First Post
Enoch goggles at Uomo as he charges off, but follows a few moments later. He mutters to himself, "Didn't d see this one coming. Our imperious leader goes all Leroy Jenkins, and now its my job to try to maintain the finesse option. OK, maybe I should have seen it coming."

OOC: Enoch activates his personal concealment. As he approaches, he starts broadcasting to the two minds ahead the Poison Idea that 'Its just some rats being chased by a big alley cat, nothing to worry about.'

Poison Idea: Progressive Burst Area Affliction 12 (mutant, psionic, 1st degree: Figment, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Phantasm, Defensless, 3rd degree: Immersion, Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 21; Burst Area 3: 120 feet radius sphere, Contagious, Extra Condition, Insidious, Progressive, Reversible, Selective, Subtle 2: undetectable)

Zerith

First Post
Felix would have asked Grid to make sure there was no alarm on the door, but it was so much of a given it was not worth distracting the hacker with the question… then grid went all thunder eyed… well, that was not good… not good at all really. Felix was not pleased, shocked and worry over took him, he even began to truly despair. His feline eyes wondered around, half wondering if they had just went headlong into a deathtrap, he was growing scared again… ‘Why do I get myself into so many life and death circumstances?’ he thought with distress, a daunted laugh starting to breath into his lungs just before Uomo again took the lead.

Felix did not think too much on the speech, but instead took in Uomo’s confidence and steeled himself in turn, as he shifted into his hybrid form, it was obvious what Uomo’s plan was by the beginning of it, thus Felix opened the closed door as Uomo spoke and then stepped aside. When Uomo passed by, Felix stood still, he closed his eyes and let things slip out of his mind for a moment; he breathed in deeply a few times, then he took in one last deep breath, before bursting forth with reckless abandon. They were going head long into what was increasingly likely to be a masterfully crafted trap, with them in mind when it was made, and one of their foes could literally atomize the lot of them. ‘Just don’t get hit…’ he thought as the adrenaline started to kick in, his body started to grow to his human size as his eyes gleamed with a primal furry.

Felix surged forwards, past, around and even over the others; his foot fells were thunderous as his clawed feet raked into the floor that struggled to withstand the strain of his advance. All the while he bellowed out a piercing and feral howl as he shrieked by; then he spied the guards, one of them had the lonesome predicament of finding themself being pounced at by a werecat: who weighed in ‘under’ a thousand pounds, was at full speed and was fully intent on pancaking said guard, between himself and through a wall.

[sblock=OoC]So yeah, Felix is going wreaking ball :3
And, yeah, Felix is basically a compact car going down a freeway at this point ^_^; … Uomo said they needed to make a distraction for grid after all, and what better then a very laud and heavy werecat taring things up to do so? :D

Dodge, 10
Parry, 10
Toughness, 8/4
Fort, 7
Will, 9

Inicative, 28 (lost the link to the roll, but he gets a 22 with a nat 1 so meh, "Felix allways go first!" XD)
“Claw” attack role 23 [22 DC][/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: Sorry for the delay folks. ><

<Virtual World>
Genie's avatar flickers briefly as she looks confusedly from Grid to the Spyder, and she nods to Grid, the two of them concentrating together for a moment, and the cage shatters. As the pieces of electricity and flame evaporate, the little girl stands up, regaining her confidence as she shifts into a beautiful young woman again. This time, however, amazonian armour shimmers into existence on her, and a spear of fire materializes in her hands. She still seems tired and afraid, but it's obvious Grid's presence has bolstered her resolve.
"I'm guessing that means you're the real you?" She says to him as the other figure approaches them

"NO! That's MY Genie, and she stays in the Bottle!" The Spyder's avatar flickers between fire and electricity, a roiling being of plasma, and he sends a wave of it at the two hackers, but when it clears they are both still standing.
OOC:
Alright, Grid successfully won over Genie, and they spend their turn breaking the prison!
Grid gets hit by an area Affliction affect resisted by Will. DC 20:
Dodge AOE (1d20+12=21) will (1d20+7=18)
Makes the Dodge, so half effect dc 15 will = success.
Genie..
Dodge (1d20+8=14)Will (1d20+12=21)
Fails the dodge but makes the will. Bothof you are unaffected.
You may act as though 'normal' combat, or try to use your skills to do other things (Like the technology roll to free Genie last round).

<Real World>
[sblock=Init]*Underlined had surprise round*
Enoch(Refocused), Felix, Laura, Frost, Uomo, Bad guys, Kat, Cass[/sblock]
Uomo charges around the corner, but before he can get into range to strike, things start happening fast.
"Hey, what the hell's that sound? Call it in!"
"What you talkin about it's just a cat.."
The group charges around the corner, and at the end of the hall 30 feet away, standing under a light are two obvious mutants. One has green, scaly skin and the other looks like he's made of rock. The lizard-man hisses as they round the corner, while the Rock-man looks around slightly confused, but seems to realize something is off.

Before either of them can react, however, Felix flings himself down the corridor at breakneck speed, slamming into the biggest target - the 7 foot rock man - and the two of them fly past the stairs, through a wall and into another room.
The Lizard man pays them no heed, as shards of ice fly from the back of the group. They strike him directly and he yelps in pain, but none manage to penetrate his thick scales.

Uomo arrives then, however, slashing at the Lizard and drawing blood as his sword rips off a few of the scales.

OOC:
It's been over a week since Uomo charged into combat, so I'm going to say those that haven't responded (BBs, Shayuri, DarwinofMind) are slow on the uptake and don't get to act during the surprise round, but will arrive in time for the first round (Provided they post).

First up: These are Not minions, sorry Dad.
FROST: Rolled for your attack, and it hits anyways. Also, fortunately for you, Ice is one of lizard's weaknesses! (His protection is limited) Unfortunately, he nat-20's the save (But still takes a bruise).

ENOCH: Technically your init had you going later, but since you could've targeted them through the walls, I figured you wouldn't want to waste everybody else's surprise round by attacking them before the rest of the party was in range, so I had your first action be to delay/refocus, so Enoch is first in initiative.
One Guard (Rocky) failed the will by a single degree. Given the cat pouncing him through a wall, and his partner's reactions, Rocky is fairly certain it's not just a cat, but he's still affected by the 'vulnerable' (Confused) and will need a save vs the progressive on his turn.

UOMO: Charges, hits, Lizard fails toughness save by 1 degree

FELIX: The amusing part is that I decided Felix was taking rock man through a wall BEFORE I finished reading that you said the same thing. :p
Rocky actually FAILS his toughness save by two degrees despite being toughness shifted! You and he are now prone in the next room, and he's not looking too good.
I had him make a toughness save vs the wall, but he made it. The wall did not.

Badguy status:
Rocky: Vulnerable, Dazed, Prone, Bruised, in another room. (Has cover from Felix vs anybody else)
Lizard: Bruised 2

Top of init: Enoch, Felix, Laura, Frost, Uomo are up.

Last edited:

Zerith

First Post
[sblock=OoC] btw, Felix can stand up for free, on a ‘natural 0’, crazy high acrobatics ftw XD
Also, managed to derp on Felix’s stat sheet, when I posted the DC for the damage, 4 str was turned off in hero lab, so it should have been DC 24, in his smaller hybrid form it’s 23 :/
Anyways, not asking for anything to be changed from the before, just saying it before the post to avoid further derps ^_^;

Also, I love the image of Felix, in all his 5’4 foot furry, tossing around a 7’ foot tall rock man through walls, that said, despite being much smaller, rocky is two through four times Felix’s weight depending on build.[/sblock]

Felix leapt up forcibly after the tumble, propelling himself into the unprepared ceiling, kicking himself downwards, against it, and again pounced into poor ol’ Rocky. He found battering the man senseless was therapeutic. Felix grew a grin of madness and glee; he was enjoying it fare more then was reasonable “Genen!!!” Felix shouted repeatedly, howling, Laughing, crying out in pleasure, with a swift and yet blatantly pleased tone that showed his joy while being far to swift to be understood beyond his raw glee; he had every intention of stomping the stone into a sub level, and was more than willing to repeat the proses to do so.
[sblock=OoC]Dodge, 10
Parry, 10
Toughness, 8/4
Fort, 7
Will, 9

“Claw” attack role 30 [22 DC]
Felix 'might' have hit the rock man ^_^; [/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Grid's eyes widen a bit as Genie takes on her amazonian avatar. At her comment, he notices he's not bothered to mask his own avatar and shrugs.

"You mean, this is what I look like, or did this d-bag steal more than my code?" he says. There's little time for an answer, though, as he's busy dodging the digital strafing Spyder sends their way. When he's certain both he and Genie have managed to bypass the intended effects, Grid's own avatar morphs to a barbarian form in keeping with the theme Genie's provided.

Lightning crackles in his hands as he says "What say we show this guy what's it's like to be locked in a box?" he says to Genie. Grid's avatar-lightning arcs out to the code flying past. He tugs and twists the 'lines' with which he's snagged the code, until it begins to spiral in the area 'above' Spyder.

"My mom's crazy-scared of spiders," he says to Genie, nodding to the manifestation he's trying to render. "So every time she sees one, she hauls out the vacuum cleaner. Seems a bit overkill, but sometimes that's what it takes, you know?"

[sblock=ooc]If we're in virtual world, might as well try to have some fun with the whole hacking / VR paradigm to see what we can do. Trying tech with Genie's help to construct a prison / trap for Spyder to contain him the way he trapped Genie.

... of course, my inability to convert M&M from my Pathfinder brain is failing. Again. Argh. I can't find how aiding / combining abilities works in M&M. I'm rolling Grid without whatever benefit Genie may provide, with the presumption that you know how this should work better than I do:

Generate Vacuum / prison (aided by Genie)? (1d20+20=31)[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
<Virtual World>
Genie gets the idea and a giant electronic 'vacuum' begins to form above the Spyder, but he reaches his hands towards it, and with a ripping motion it dissolves into the ether.
Turning his attention back to them, he snarls "Oh you want to play like that? Fine.. Stick around!" He flings his arms out at them and trillions of motes of electricity surge around them, forming into a sticky 'web'. Genie screams and tries to break free, but is half-cocooned by the strands of still-glowing 'webbing'

OOC: Aiding in M&M is either 'team checks' or 'team attacks'. They're basically the same as the 'aid another' in other d20 products. One person is the primary, the second makes an aid check. In M&M, one degree of success by the aider gives +2, three or more gives+5. Multiple aiders(Not applicable now but I'll mention it anyway) cannot give more than a max of +5 combined.
The good news: Genie gets a total of 29, adding +5 for a total of 36.
The bad news: Spyder rolls 15 +25 = 40, resisting.
Good idea, just didn't work.
The 'web' requires a tech check DC 35. Failure: 1 degree = Hindered, 2 degrees = immobilized 3 degrees = Paralyzed
Genie is Immobilized.

<Real World>
Felix jumps repeatedly up and down on the rock man, but finds that without the running start he doesn't seem to be hurting Rocky as much as he'd hope.

OOC: Ordinarily I'd wait for more people to post, but I'm here now and you go first anyways, so Figured I might as well post. Rocky makes the toughness save easily this time. And yeah, A 30 is more than double what you need considering he's vulnerable! Felix thinks perhaps Power-Attack would be a good future option.
And as far as the size difference and blasting through the wall, just remember: F=MA, and Felix can move pretty damned fast ;)

jkason

First Post
Grid grimaces as Spyder makes short work of his attempt to trap him. Between his skill and power level, the young man realized he'd gotten complacent. It was going to take a much more concerted effort than he was used to if he wanted out of this mess in one piece.

Every hacker had a weak spot in his code. Grid just had to find Spyder's before he found Grid's.

But first thing's first: as the webbing shot forward, Grid countered. His 'armor' flashed with fire a moment, burning away the strands as they tried to ensnare him.

He glanced to Genie a moment, conflicted. He decided they didn't need to move to work together, but they could definitely use more targets to draw Spyder's fire.

"Fun fact. Did you know some species of spider actually eat their parents?" Grid said with a sneer and a gesture to the web lines. "You've been mucking up my code with your progeny for a while now. Wonder if they're hungry?" Lights began to blink along the lines, each one spawning a tiny spider-bot which began backtracking toward the enemy coder.

[sblock=ooc]tech vs. webbing DC 35 (1d20+20=37)

Whew. Avoided the snag, at least.

Can Genie still help even though she's immobilized? I know things like movement get muddy with VR metaphors. He'll probably blow this away, but what the hell: trying to create a 'swarm' that will draw his attention. I'm not after a damaging attack, so I guess this one's more of an affliction attempt to impair / daze him? Roll isn't giving me much faith in this working. Grid may just have to try brute force next and fall back on his electrical powers...

'swarm' distraction. (1d20+20=30)[/sblock]

Remove ads